Server time: 2018-02-20, 06:11

Sign in to follow this  
BaconFromHell

Anyone gave the books a read?

Isaac Asimov's Fundation series. The trilogy and the 2 other books. Best sci-fi ever.

doctor-who.gif

That's amazing!

I started collecting books in game, and was pretty pleased to find copies of the jungle book, Dracula and frankenstein lying around.

Sounds like I've got some book hunting do to, think I'll start with the Sci-Fi, not much of a 'classic' kind of guy.

Edit: Turns out there isn't a Sci-Fi book in DayZ haha

Isaac Asimov's Fundation series. The trilogy and the 2 other books. Best sci-fi ever.

doctor-who.gif

That's amazing!

Uuuuuuuh...I fucked up.

It was late, sowwy...I misread the title of the post.

I used to always try and find a pristine copy of The Art Of War, manly because i own it IRL.

Would like to see Carl Von Clausewitz "On War" available in-game, have that one IRL was well.

First, I always had the "New Testament" with me when I could not find it. Now I found "The Last Man" and still want to read it.

i have given a few of the books a read IRL and looked up a few others that i discovered in game

I have read "Alice in wonderland", parts of the holy bible, and "Wuthering Heights", and i believe i also saw "Red Badge of Courage" in game.

Books like Faust: Der Tragodie which you can find in game seem like very interesting reads and any i find i write down to start reading them in the future. My character does keep Faust on him to read at a campfire.

I really like Crime and Punishment ^^

The Metamorphosis is also good :P

Always keep a bible in hand for rp purposes. Such as picking a scripture to read when someone dies. But i keep getting the canturybury tales to read and i always die before i get a chance to sit down and read it. Also got Alice's Adventures in Wonderland because lets face it, you just cant walk past a pristine copy of that book and not tuck it away in your pack.

Just a note to everyone, don't pick up the blue bible.. If you log with it you loose your bag vest and gun... Strange glitch.. But yeap its real.

What about the Chernarussian version of 50 Shades of Grey? 10 Secs to Drop Weps

Sounds like I've got some book hunting do to, think I'll start with the Sci-Fi, not much of a 'classic' kind of guy.

Edit: Turns out there isn't a Sci-Fi book in DayZ haha

You can find War of the Worlds! :)

How can u read them?

you dont be like Djefvul and burn them for starters xD

have a place for it on your hot bar and just change to it like you would any other item :) dont have your inventory open though!

Art of War is my favorite, that and the evolutionary theory by Darwin.

Nope But they sure do make good fire wood

doctor-who.gif

That's amazing!

This. I'll probably go hunting for them now.

To read like said earlier, put the book in your hotbar, use the hotbar.

I'm surprised about all the people who had no idea reading books were an actual feature. Anyway, is there any sort of submod that allows you to add bookmarks to where you were last? Having to remember what page you were on is a pain.

I usually always carry one with me, and when I get bored of it, or it get's damaged I swap it out with the next one.

I kinda feel the urge to play a Librarian and have a lending Library.

Guest Dan the Man

I don't know how to read in game...literately, what button do I push?

The last time I read a book in game I put it in my hands then pushed it's hot bar number.

I occasionally give them a read when I'm just sitting by a campfire. I recently read Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka. Its very weird.

I occasionally give them a read when I'm just sitting by a campfire. I recently read Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka. Its very weird.

Is that the one with the dude who turns into a beetle?

Is that the one with the dude who turns into a beetle?

Sure is, its freeky as shit. However very entertaining :D