Server time (UTC): 2021-10-18 08:18

Yet another "Namalsk instead of Taviana" poll

Which map would you like to see for RP2?  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• MVP

Yes, we've seen these before and there's a high chance this poll is unneccecery because Rolle might already know/anticipate the likely(but not guaranteed, thus the need for the poll!) result.

I have long campaigned for the secondary server map to be on Namalsk instead of Taviana. This poll is thus an attempt to gather popular support among the community for the idea, and I thus place my hope that it is considered and perhaps even heeded if the result in fact highly speaks in favor of Namalsk and has a high enough figure represented from the active community.

The benefits of Namalsk are the following to me:

- Cold mechanics that can create roleplay and trade value for heat packs and winter clothes.(and maybe even matches and firewood)

- Atmosphere(especielly in the dark) that further reinforces the horror aspect of dayZ, creating excellent roleplaying opportunities.

- Strategic chokepoints and highly concentrated loot sites(im looking at you, object bunkers) that can put stronger emphasis on tactical thinking and create opportunities for strategic clan warfare.

- Aliens (insert history channel fuzzyhaircut dude jpg here) and anomalies. Imagine da rp.

- Railguns, broken nvgs, broken gps etcetc. Basicly, some new stuff.

Possible downsides:

- Somewhat small map. But with a small playermax limit(im thinking 30 tops), it shouldnt be too much of an issue.

- Bleak enviroment. Although Namalsk has amazing atmosphere and great roleplay opportunities, I cant hide the fact that the atmosphere is relativly bleak(tundra-like) compared to Taviana and Chernarus. Although personally I find it a nice change(since basicly I think Taviana is another Chernarus in a different format), some might find it too depressing.

That's pretty much what I can think of in terms of arguments for and against.

Wether its relevant or not remains to be seen. In the end its Rolle's call and he already turned the idea down a couple of months ago. But I'll be damned if I give up that easily, especielly since I've gotten the impression that there's a fairly strong community support for the Namalsk map.

Vote!

And thank you for reading.

• Emerald

i'd say we should have namalsk it's an awesome map and its fun to kill bloodsuckers and thay are fkn scary at night time :o!

+1 namalsk. love the setting, the bleak evironment, and the cold mechanic. not sure i agree with the EVR or whatever it is, and the bloodsuckers can be borderline game-breakingly annoying at times.

i personally can't stand taviana. the buildings are too expansive, and the towns are too far apart. if you don't have a vehicle the map gets boring quite quickly running along highways all the time.

• Server Manager

I like Namalsk, maybe more than Taviana, but I thought players liked Taviana more, therefore the RP2 thread is about Taviana. We can use any map really, Namalsk is still my favorite "alternative" map.

Voted to remove you, discreetly.

• MVP

I stand corrected. On both what I thought Rolle's oppinion on Namalsk was, but more importantly on what channel the fuzzy haircut alien dude was.

Panthera Island, or another map. Maybe we should put rp2 online with a map altering every few days to test it if it is suitable for rp2. We all ready tested taviana, but not panthera, namalsk or any other map that or not that well known. Maybe a cap on 20 players to test it.

I vote we remove Tomeran ASAP as he referred to Giorgio A. Tsoukalos to be NatGeo. That is an outrage. He his History Channel.

Untitled-2.gif

there is no evidence there aren't any aliens that build the piramides :|

• Emerald

Panthera Island, or another map. Maybe we should put rp2 online with a map altering every few days to test it if it is suitable for rp2. We all ready tested taviana, but not panthera, namalsk or any other map that or not that well known. Maybe a cap on 20 players to test it.

I vote we remove Tomeran ASAP as he referred to Giorgio A. Tsoukalos to be NatGeo. That is an outrage. He his History Channel.

Untitled-2.gif

there is no evidence there aren't any aliens that build the piramides :|

Oldman's proposition would be actually good. All of the maps are not suitable for RP and some of them are. Panthera should be given a chance at it has potential just like any other map out there. We should go trough all the maps and test them, for locations of TP and other things to see if it will only go to the fact that people go to loot cycle Object A2 for the railguns. Unfortunately I can't but to help and think that the reason why people want Namalsk so bad is because the high amount of military grade spawns, that's supported by the fact how people react to the loss of their stuff in the current DayZ RP. I like the fact that in Chernarus you have to travel a bit to get to military spawns. On Namalsk there is a military spawn around every corner. Plus I don't like the EVR event or what ever it is called.

But we should seriously test out different maps before we decide what will stick with RP2.

argh mate im proper psyched for this.

a chance to roll a different character too!

This different character thing should be enforced. People never learn to RP properly if they always RP the same character.

i like having two characters going. allows me to challenge myself & experience two sides of the coin eh. one character that comes naturally to you, and another that you have to work at, do some research for.

• Emerald

I'm all game for Namalsk over Taviana, if they tweak the loot tables like they've done on RP1.

I for one do not want the railgun so be part of the table, since it's the single most overpowered weapon to make it into the mod. >.>

Guest LordKronos

I've been burnt out on Namalsk, I'm not against the thought of a Namalsk server but for the love of god you should fear me the moment you see me join the game.

As for Taviana, it's not good for a lot of peoples computers, I'm not sure what it is but even with minimum view distance, people with high-end computers sometimes find their framerate chopping up near cities and such.

My vote goes for Namalsk.

• Emerald

After a small fly by on Jade Groove using the editor it looks like a nice map. It has the feeling of apocalypse in it. Of course the lack of forest areas might be minus for some people as the cover is kind of limited but that again gives opportunities for more strategies in setting up checkpoints and roadblocks.

But there are a lot of good maps out there that would bring a nice chance for maps that all should know by now.