Server time (UTC): 2021-10-22 20:36

First Person Lock

First Person View Only  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So far everyone I've seen join is like "Oh it's an RP server, wait it's

not locked to first person? dafuq?" myself included.

First Person allows you to feel and see everything from your character's

perspective - much more immersion, more impactful experience. You will

feel scared more often, and won't magically see over walls and stuff you

wouldn't otherwise see over/around.

I would absolutely love for this to be implemented.

INB4 NAUTIOUS / FOV Argument.

You can disable head bob, post processing effects, and increase

first person FOV by editing your username.Arma2OAProfile file under

your documents.

on a 1920x1080 monitor to get 90 FOV you use

fovTop=1.03;

fovLeft=1.84;

Personaly,

I love RP, I try to always do it BUT I almost never use First person.

I feel more immersion when I can see my character.

This is a personal choice and I think we should keep this like that.

If you prefer playing in first person, do it.

If you don't, play in third person.

There was a poll about this a bit before, here.

Found a other one, it's the same result in both case... It's a personal choice I think.

• MVP

Interestingly, I preferred First Person by a mile in TES games.

However with DayZ, its kind of the opposite. I've always played in third person for the obvious tactical advantages associated with it.

As I haven't used DayZ's first person mode extensively, I'd be open to trialling this to see how it goes, or at least hearing from people who have experience with using it.

• MVP

This has been discussed so many times already, the outcome has always been no and the arguments can be found in the old threads.

Discussed to death. Thanks for the input but please search if it has been looked at before.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-no-3rd-person-your-opinion-and-vote?highlight=first+person

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-1st-person-or-3rd-person?highlight=first+person

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-forced-first-person-camera?highlight=first+person

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-3d-off-on-rp-1

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-how-do-you-play?highlight=first+person

As you can see, every poll has a significant majority preferring to have both on.

Also,

You can disable head bob, post processing effects, and increase

first person FOV by editing your username.Arma2OAProfile file under

your documents.

on a 1920x1080 monitor to get 90 FOV you use

fovTop=1.03;

fovLeft=1.84;

FOV screws up all zeroing on rifles.

I disagree with the first person lock for reaons Rocket has already given, although I have misplaced the thread/video he said this in.

In real life we have a 180 degree vision, we can see left and right with our peripheral vision which is better than in DayZ. Ingame the FoV is a lot less and hence the reason Rocket left it ingame. I agree with this because it can be quite annoying in first person to lose that advantage.

Yeah but being able to see over/around walls you wouldn't normally see?

First person is a much more immersible experience. People didn't care about peripheral

in DOOM, Quake, basically every FPS until this one lol..

But alas, I guess I'm in the minority that feels RP from a character's point of view

is the best PoV.

Sadly as poll shows most people are not real hardcore gamers, many games have ruined FPS genre by allowing changeable camera angles. Personally when stand alone comes out AQ server will be locked to first person, i will not play any non FP lock server unless its dayzrp.

Sadly as poll shows most people are not real hardcore gamers, many games have ruined FPS genre by allowing changeable camera angles. Personally when stand alone comes out AQ server will be locked to first person, i will not play any non FP lock server unless its dayzrp.

"hardcore gamers" you say that phrase but I do not think you know what it means.

/vomit

• Emerald

Sometimes it's easy to roleplay when you see yourself than when you're in third person. In first person I'd act more like myself. Seeing the Employer in his reading glasses glaring at his client reminds me of my place in the situation.

I find third person essential for some roleplay.

It is a roleplay server, not a realism server.

• MVP

Sometimes it's easy to roleplay when you see yourself than when you're in third person. In first person I'd act more like myself. Seeing the Employer in his reading glasses glaring at his client reminds me of my place in the situation.

I didn't think so when I joined here, but I find myself in the same position.

I don't think the tactical advantage is a good argument. Remove third person and there is no advantage anymore, for anyone.

I mostly play third, but sometimes when I'm being chased by zombies I go in first person, looking over my shoulder. It makes the game pretty thrilling. Like the end of the Injected commercial (which was awesome by the way).

• MVP

But the Employer has a valid point too. And to be honest, I think roleplaying is more important than the game being thrilling. Other players already make it thrilling, whether you are in first person or not. And for the moments I want to make it thrilling for myself, I just switch to first person.

Being able to switch means having the best of both worlds. And who really cares about a tactical advantage? It's a game, and a roleplaying one at that.

• MVP

Plus the fact that you can actually create your own image for your character. How else would you see it apart from 3rd person?

• Legend

Gave first person an honest try - adjusted FOV and everything. Didn't like it. Thankful that I've got a choice and will respect others' right to choose.

Not to wave my gamer e-peen around, but I normally hate 3rd person perspective games - to the point that I won't play them (Mass Effect is the exception). Some of my friends refer to me as 'FPS Doug'. There's just something about Arma's first person that's somehow wrong.