Server time: 2017-11-19, 03:04

Sign in to follow this  
Chaznar

Items for RP purposes

Simply put, do you carry any specific loot (including weapons or clothing) that you keep for character RP purposes?

For example back when DayZRP was a mod I always carried the Holy Book item in my backpack because my character was religious. I even had a few quotes written out to quote during time around the campfire.

Now that loot is more diversified I'm thinking of picking up another gimmick, I've already given my character a penchant for cowboy hats, but I might have him have a favourite book too.

a pink teddy with a note inside that i use a a journal :D

What i do is, i carry some good items i involve in my rp, does this make sense?

Like if i would be a religious person, the bible.

Due the fact i got 2 diff personalities i carry a mask with me,

and if i get for example angry or i discuss something special with ppl, i wear this mask.

A teddybear to show explain the story of my sister, like sayin this was here fav teddy bear etc

There are bunch of other items, i like to use and i know there are lot of ppl who do like the same :)

:)

meds, pen n paper, brass knuckles uummm and a Rasputin or two to have beers with mates around a fire.

I carry a gun, M1911 that my characters grandfather gave him from WW2. I use it mainly for killing zombies.

I also carry a teddybear When I arrived in Chernarus I watched a young girl get ripped apart by one of the monsters. I took her teddy bear in hopes to return it to her mother, if I ever found her.

However over time my character has become attached to the bear. He cleans it regularly and holds it in traumatic situations. He looks at it to gain strength "Mental strength to keep living"

I carry a gun, M1911 that my characters grandfather gave him from WW2. I use it mainly for killing zombies.

I also carry a teddybear When I arrived in Chernarus I watched a young girl get ripped apart by one of the monsters. I took her teddy bear in hopes to return it to her mother, if I ever found her.

However over time my character has become attached to the bear. He cleans it regularly and holds it in traumatic situations. He looks at it to gain strength "Mental strength to keep living"

Dangit! After making this thread I started thinking about this and was going to do a very similar thing with the teddy bear. Great minds think alike I guess

My character also carries a teddy bear for RP reasons. It belonged to his daughter ,she died ,and he keeps it because he has yet to come to terms of her death. He will pick up any pristine or worn books he finds (have yet to find any not damaged) and if he is ever at a campfire i will equip it and RP him reading and then after a couple days of doing this he will drop it and find a new one. He also carries stuff he doesnt need like ammo and canned food to give to other because he is always willing to helpful because i made him kind and oddly optimistic in spite of his past.

I found a sword at black mountain and next to the sword there was a book called the "Raven Lord" and it I guess I still got the sword of the raven lord!

My characters rather Anti Social, the books Call Of Cthulu, Alice and Wonderland, and a few others are very important to my character, The most important being Alice in Wonderland as It was the one book Stitches had to read in the Asylum, as a result its common for him to quote the mad hatter. However I do RP having strange things IG which sadly tend to creep/scare everyone away. I usually also carry a blade thats damaged so its bloody looking, Usually when Rose's agressive personality Stitches takes over

Guest Phalix

Vera: Her father's cross-necklace. Though she isn't very religious, it is still something deer to her.

Sophia: Books. Need to pass the time somehow, no?

Well as my character was an electric engineer he usually carries some tools like pliers and a screwdriver around :)!

Just books. Any book would do, as long as there is something to read.

My character used to be, let's say a teacher, or just a person of education and he believes that reading is one of the only few things that we can do if we are to preserve our humanity in these times. He is also a patriot, so he would only use Russian/Soviet weapons. A fully decked out M4? No, thank you, a Kalashnikov with iron sights is all I need. Though currently the Mosin is really growing on me. I am even thinking of giving it a name for it has saved my sorry arse more times than I can count.

Bow to be stealthy and mp5k to be loud :D

A book.

I wonder why... :D

Bow to be stealthy and mp5k to be loud :D

A book.

I wonder why... :D

My character doesnt talk a lot and he wants to read books

I carried a military tent and a fishing rod for a long time... Until I got KoS'ed and yet to find another one

I tend to keep a gas lamp with me, really adds alot for when there is a large group traveling at night.

Keeping food and medical supplies is always a must, even for non-RP. This has been exceptionally important recently with that glitch where you log in starving and dehydrated. Happened two times in my squad yesterday. We had people running around everywhere collecting food, water, had a medic doing examinations, Saline bags. Made the 8 people squadron into a field hospital in 2 minutes.

Tents. Even without persistance, never underestimate how much a tent can add to just breaking camp to cook up some food. I know how fucking long it takes to find one and how fucking hard it is to lug it around. DO IT! It's amazing to have this huge group running together and then just having a camp break at the edge of town. A tent or two, a fire pit, cooking tripod, maybe a V3s- everyone just sitting around and talking. When persistance is up, good lord, this will revolutionize RP as we know it. Being able to set up camps and such? Amazing.

Armbands. Contrivertial in some cases, but it is huge for official groups and large squadrons.

Actually having a radio on your character. Great for some mild in-game communication (non Teamspeak) and is awesome for when you find somebody and decide to play it out 100% vanilla. Equip 'em with walkies and mute your teamspeak. Adds a ton to the characters.

~That's about all I can think of right now, but trust me, there are much MUCH more...