Server time (UTC): 2021-10-26 12:12

Do I really HAVE to rob? I don't want to

• Emerald

My character wouldn't rob so I'm never going to get access to the high end stuff like they do, but role playing is getting a bit dull. I understand the loot tables are dumbed down to stop farming but seriously I've been looking for five days for a backpack and a reasonable weapon.

The solution to stopping farming is to have a clean up script and a longer respawn time but with a reasonable loot table. Now that deer stands are nerfed, NWAF spawns only AK47s, Starry only spawns M4A1/M16A2 without scopes, and crash sites have no loot at all. There is absolutely no chance of me ever getting anything reasonable without robbing and I don't want to resort to that. Finding loot is part of the game, it makes it fun and worth exploring. Please let us enjoy the game again.

P.S. I have no answer for the bandit scourge, I think we just have to hand over our AK47s every morning, afternoon and evening!!

• MVP

I'm inclined to agree, somewhat at least. The gear I currently have is relatively high end, but its all a result of my affiliation with SDS and other friends. As far as finding actual loot is concerned, my own experience has been poor. I don't think I've seen a single high value spawn across many chopper crashes and barracks in the past few weeks.

Looking at this from your perspective, I can imagine how it would remove a lot of the fun from the game. I don't think its fair for people to have to join clans to properly enjoy DayZ RP.

^ this. un-fortunetley this game in general is more gear towards team gameplay and not so much solo. Working the loot tables could fix this, but then every dick joe and harry would be finding a sniper rifle/high-end AR with a sight. *shrug* its hard to balance this game so it seems

• Emerald

I mean, Injected doesn't rob for gear and we have more than decent stuff, and only one of our guys avidly loots for gear. That's the Armorer.

He brings us 2-3 good guns every couple days. If you prolong your life, you'll always bound to run into something good off of a corpse, lucky find, etc.

We never rob anyone and still have good gear.

All you need is to know where to look and have friends to help you. It works since I never initiated any robbery.

Of course, it's always easier to be in a clan, in you want good gears.

• MVP

We never rob anyone and still have good gear.

All you need is to know where to look and have friends to help you. It works since I never initiated any robbery.

Of course, it's always easier to be in a clan, in you want good gears.

^ This.

You don't need to rob. Although, robbing makes things easier... but you lose gear faster also!

Being a bandit allows you to have quick access to high-end gear, but you die a lot.

Being a hero allows you to have more contacts / friends that can help you get high-end gear, but you don't have them as fast as a bandit could.

Hope it could help!

P.S. : I'm not saying bandits can't have friends, eh! I love you bandits!

• Emerald

but the loot tables seem to be completely crippled, let me explain..

When the server restarts, the loot table is 'rolled' and there is a reasonable chance of loot for the first person. Unfortunately they leave all the cans/ak47s so those loot slots are rerolled and within two or three visits there loot spawns are so full of crap that there is zero chance of finding anything at all.

What I propose is that the loot respawn timer is increased significantly 20-30 minutes to stop farming but all the crap is swept away by cleanup script and there is a somewhat small chance of finding something at least.

I've seen this work before on other servers, it stops farming and gives players a bit of a chance when they take the risk of going up north. The chances are still managed through the loot table but there is some possibility at least.

• MVP

As others have said, you really dont need to rob people to find high-end gear. Hell if the rumours are going around that you have to be a bandit to have high-end gear(or join S.D.S, a rumour I find hilareous) it would stand to reason that S.D.S wouldnt have worthy robbery victims since its only them sitting with the good stuff anyway.

Unless they rob each other. Ya never know.

I know a lot of friendly guilds that have high-quality gear and manages to keep it. Stockpiles of it even. T.O.R probably has less of it then most other clans, but that's because we give most of our own stockpiles into the outpost network.

These people dont rob, so thus the end result is: No, you dont have to rob to get high-end gear.

The factor isnt really either that the loot tables are weird or that chopper crashes seem to have little stuff, it is rather that you are working solo.

DayZRP has, as some has mentioned, been turned into a teamplay version of dayZ(which already favors teamplay). Teams are simply put a lot more effective at harvesting good gear then individuals, especielly if they work well together.

More people means more harvesting at different locations faster, thus larger stockpiles for more people. S.D.S's stockpiles of weapons has more to do with their large numbers rather then the fact that they are bandits, I think.

Wether the strong emphasis on teamplay is fair or not can be argued, although personally I dont mind it since dayzrp more and more is turning towards an approach of increased player interaction(read: RP), something I quite welcome.

I have actually found loot at crash sites last night while I was playing. In the 5-6 or so hours I spent online I came across three different crash sites, one crashed chopper (non huey) with medical loot/cans, one C130 with car parts/cans and one chopper with medical loot/cans.

So loot is spawning, just not a whole lot of it or high tier.

• Legend

*shakes head over entire thread*

Being in a group clearly has its advantages, but my preferred playstyle is solo or with one or two very select companions. I always feel dirty taking gear from friends, so I try to avoid it, unless I need the gear to participate in group ops.

When gearing up from nothing, I almost always go solo. It's just easier to get in and out of all the high-end spawns. Furthermore, playing solo dramatically extends your lifespan, so you're able to develop, over time, much better kit.

Guest Maggorra

My character wouldn't rob so I'm never going to get access to the high end stuff like they do, but role playing is getting a bit dull. I understand the loot tables are dumbed down to stop farming but seriously I've been looking for five days for a backpack and a reasonable weapon.

The solution to stopping farming is to have a clean up script and a longer respawn time but with a reasonable loot table. Now that deer stands are nerfed, NWAF spawns only AK47s, Starry only spawns M4A1/M16A2 without scopes, and crash sites have no loot at all. There is absolutely no chance of me ever getting anything reasonable without robbing and I don't want to resort to that. Finding loot is part of the game, it makes it fun and worth exploring. Please let us enjoy the game again.

P.S. I have no answer for the bandit scourge, I think we just have to hand over our AK47s every morning, afternoon and evening!!

What is wrong with an AK-107 PSO, spawn very often and it works just fine to kill zombies and animals.

If you plan to kill other people why would you have anything better?

Prospero and I did a few runs around areas. We largely found cans, toilet paper, standard AK-47s and one AK-107... without a scope.

The military tents were littered with compasses, maps and rubbish (cans, mostly).

We also found two chopper crashes - both military - and there were cans at one, and nothing at the other (despite fresh zombie spawns and smoking).

It was very underwhelming.

Looking at this from your perspective, I can imagine how it would remove a lot of the fun from the game. I don't think its fair for people to have to join clans to properly enjoy DayZ RP.

agreed, atleast not having to join large clans.

• Emerald

Perhaps it was just a bad day but I do suspect the loot tables are to blame, if heli crashes worked then at least we could just give up on NWAF and Stary as a lost cause.

I still think a clean up script would stay manageable through the loot table but the game would be full of useless crap all the time. This isn't the 2017 mod you know!!

Perhaps it was just a bad day but I do suspect the loot tables are to blame, if heli crashes worked then at least we could just give up on NWAF and Stary as a lost cause.

NO! Thats another problem with these loot tables, when the barracks doesnt spawn ANY decent weapons there is no reason for people to check NWAF...which limits all the players to the coast and 20 more standing in tp 24/7. The barracks need to spawn a tiny bit more of the high end gear to spread out the players over the whole map!

I mean theres absolutely no joy for me to join the server alone and look for weapons either, since i know im not going to find anything, not on crash sites, not in the barracks...i agree with this thread, looting and finding good shit is fun even if youre not planning on killing players. Sure im a bandit, we kill players, but i used to play outside SDS as well...even then i was always looking to find a cooler and better weapon, once you found your SA58 acog you might as well die and start over now...because you wont find anything better.

• Emerald

I still think a clean up script would stay manageable through the loot table but the game would be full of useless crap all the time. This isn't the 2017 mod you know!!

Stary and NWAF are not lost causes, they are a reliable source for ammunition, especially Stary since there are no other reliable sources of Stanag Ammunition.

IMHO though I think loot tables need to be fixed a little bit for the heli crashes, give them a higher chance to spawn SOMETHING, even if it is trash, in one day I found 3 smoking Heli crashes, all three had literally NOTHING at them, not even trash, it was quite disappointing.

IMHO though I think loot tables need to be fixed a little bit for the heli crashes, give them a higher chance to spawn SOMETHING, even if it is trash, in one day I found 3 smoking Heli crashes, all three had literally NOTHING at them, not even trash, it was quite disappointing.

That was a bug, they didn't spawn loot- they're being fixed today. Rolle just needs to actually put the fix in, so it should be in within a few hours of me posting this.

Maybe a change of mentality: You don't NEED these high-end items! You don't usually see people with NVGs in zombie films/comics/books/other games, and would a GPS really still work without people?

Aside from bi-yearly calibration or servicing, most of those types of low importance satellites are generally fairly well automated. You'd be surprised, actually.

I could see your point being something to consider if the RP took place 20 years from now, but the majority of satellites floating in low orbit now have been doing their thing for a while now without too many issues - and according to latest statistics, there's a good few thousand of them.

• MVP

It´s not a question of "needing" better gear.

If you can choose betveen a URAL or a.. idk.. audi R8?

You might not need the r8 since its only legal to drive 110km/h.

But come on?