Server time: 2018-08-16, 12:32

Sign in to follow this  
purplesatan

People okay with being robbed?

Is it just me or do some people seem okay with being robbed? They just don't seem to care about what's going on. I'm usually playing with a friend and every time we initiate a robbery on someone, they just calmly agree with it. It almost seems like they're happy to be robbed, and on more than one occasion the victim still wanted to hang out with us after the robbery. It's like they don't even care that they were just robbed.

Example: My buddy and I initiate a robbery and our victim calmly says something like, "Okay no problem, I don't mind". Then afterwards they still want to hang with us. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Has anyone else experienced this type of robbery before? It happens to us all the time. :D

Many people like the rp that comes with it. After being robbed they find it fun trying to find there robber and bring them to justice at least I do. People must be pretty lonely to want to hang with their robbers.

Well yeah he value his life so thats why when you rob someone whos calm, and nice to you while your robbing them they dont have a reason to kill you.

When we rob poeple in Renegades, its the othere side we see the most, people who simply just shit talks us, no matter what we treathen with. Its as if they feel they cant die( or its the supersoilder gene ) they dont seem to understand the situation they are in at the moment.

Guest alexandru1208

Maybe he got tired of being robbed and decided to give no heck about it, or people don't have that irrational fear of having a gun pointed at you and threatened.

A perfect reaction once you get robbed would be : "Oh s*it! I'm getting robbed, am I going to die!? Should I fight back? Would should I do! asadasdfsdf"

Honestly, I didn't encounter a robbery on any server, not even DayZRP, but it would be an experience.

Robberies happen way too often, so I for example, I calmly comply, do not try to resist, I value my life over stuff.

But I would never "hang" with them.

The reason, whenever I have tried to "panic" talk with robbers: why?who?do you really need to do this? pls do not do this! etc. The response you usually get is: no! shut up or I will shoot you!

So when you experience those 10 sec robberies 75% of your game time. You just comply and do not even try to RP it with them anymore, unless you notice that they are interested in it.

Loss of motivation... sry but thats how I feel... during robberies. So far I have not experienced good robbery but as much as I have read on forums, lot of the times they are as bad as I think.

Hope I was clear enough, just woke up :P eyes barely open.

I think being calm is different then being "ok" with it. I understand calm for the reason stated above. Said person values their life. However in RP I dont think somebody should say "hey its fine guys, take all my gear and we will drink a beer about it." Wouldn't happen in RL.

Or maybe people are just plain sick of this happening every 5 minutes, lol.

"Oh look another survivor who could be a possible asset to our survival, lets rob and leave him."

A few people have gone on to join the 85th after learning the error of their ways in our trials.

Most of the bandits i see run upto you hell they could walk upto you point gun in your face drop gear or your dead as of KOS rule they have it to easy you have to give an order wait 10 seconds and and so on oh his mic of oh he not understand me oh hell he do really all this while he run upto you now in your personl space in 4 seconds lol in 2 seconds I would have put a hole in him but I cant but dont get me wrong if its done right Im all for the RP but half these fools not know how to do that right and I wont go down no more without a fight

Or maybe people are just plain sick of this happening every 5 minutes, lol.

"Oh look another survivor who could be a possible asset to our survival, lets rob and leave him."

^Agreed

Remember, robberies are an everyday occurrence in Chernarus now. They happen so often, in fact, that a lot of people are used to them.

It's hard not to adopt an attitude of "Oh, great, I'm getting robbed AGAIN!" when it's the sixth time this week you've been held up. Considering that, even in real life, most robbers will leave you relatively unharmed if you comply, calm compliance would likely become the norm amongst most people, especially the less violent types like myself.

By now, Lucia has basically decided that the stuff she scavenged isn't worth dying over. Since she dragged herself from being completely void of possessions to where she is, she views bandits as either impatient or incompetent, since they can't seem to scavenge successfully like she does, and thus have to resort to bullying to get supplies. Robberies are so rampant that, to her, they're just another environmental hazard, like rain, or cold, and just like you put on a raincoat to shelter yourself from the elements, you just comply to shelter yourself from bandit bullets, and then live to scavenge another day.

That being said, Lucia's default approach to a robbery is to offer to trade with her robbers. Granted, they're already trying to take by force, but she still likes to present a show of greeting and cooperation. Sometimes, it even results in her bandits turning into customers!

I'm generally pretty cool about those robbers. Most of the time I just play it out and give them plenty of chances to just be friendly and beg for something. Ask for supplies. Request support. I ask them what they need, I sit up when they tell me to go on the ground. Through this entire diversion, I am usually switching out my handgun into my pants. If they refuse to try to get along and continue being violent to me, the following happens:

I start to drop the items out of my backpack and essentially make a huge pile of my inventory infront of me. My primate gun, my axe, my tools, medical supplies. 9 out of 10 times, the people see this as total compliance and permit me to just go off to the side, almost naked, and just sit there as they shuffle through the mess I made. I will often radio my squad at this time to call for back-up, if they didn't take my radio. I then wait for a good moment, if there is one. If the oppertunity arises, I will unload on the bandits. Sometimes you die, sometimes they are caught completely off guard and just eat the lead.

Just from the forums alone this server sounds more like a bandits paradise rather than an RP server... I hope I'm not wasting my time trying to get whitelisted. Granted I do like the idea behind the RP server and even in this posting @Lucia Moore shows there is some RP, it just seems few and far between.

Of course, if you provide good role-play, I don't mind at all being robbed. The only time I have a problem with robbery.

1. Bandit Bob sees Sweet Sam with an awesome Balaclava mask, or an M4. Bandit Bob decides he wants either item A or B. Bandit Bob robs Sweet Sam despite that Bandit Bob already has a decked AK or mask. Bandit Bob robbed Sweet Sam just to get a mask or a weapon with even harder to find ammunition. (A. Let's say Bandit Bob provides good role-play, this excuses Bandit Bob in my books, because he is now providing me with something I enjoy, I may be sad I lost my items, but everything is swell because I get to have good role-play for the day.)

Guest Doug Quade

There is no doubt that there is definitely some lacking RP with alot of the newer bandits. They are missing that banditing on DayZRP is different than on Pub Servers. The RP is more important as opposed to , OMG, a M4 , I must have etc....... Drop weapon you have 10 seconds to comply etc.....

There is no doubt that there is definitely some lacking RP with alot of the newer bandits. They are missing that banditing on DayZRP is different than on Pub Servers. The RP is more important as opposed to , OMG, a M4 , I must have etc....... Drop weapon you have 10 seconds to comply etc.....

I wish I could donate to get my app whitelisted sooner as they have the lockdown but and no disrespect meant in this to the admins but, I personally think in the whitelisting process experienced RP'ers and a show of that experience should be a larger factor with getting accepted. That said I do understand that would then take up more time from them in going through said stories and or even referrals from other groups... it then becomes a double edged blade.

*Edit* And what stops me from donating is that I am unsure its worth it.. again no disrespect meant just being honest

Guest Doug Quade

I wish I could donate to get my app whitelisted sooner as they have the lockdown but and no disrespect meant in this to the admins but, I personally think in the whitelisting process experienced RP'ers and a show of that experience should be a larger factor with getting accepted. That said I do understand that would then take up more time from them in going through said stories and or even referrals from other groups... it then becomes a double edged blade.

In my opinion , it is very difficult to show your RP skills in the application. The application pretty much seems to address your understanding and interpretation of the rules. I would love to see some sort of in game interview scenario where 5 people that are pending approval have to go through a made up RP skit, and the STAFF member observing then makes a decision based on that. 2 part process for getting accepted. Yes it will take longer and slow down the process , but the quality of the person playing I think will be much better. Perhaps setup a test server specifically for these things, so there is no worry about having to approve someone for whitelist etc.... Separate server, separate password. as few slots as possible to reduce the cost. It could be done !!

I have always been a advocate of quality over quantity. Alas that decision is not up to me.

In my opinion , it is very difficult to show your RP skills in the application. The application pretty much seems to address your understanding and interpretation of the rules. I would love to see some sort of in game interview scenario where 5 people that are pending approval have to go through a made up RP skit, and the STAFF member observing then makes a decision based on that. 2 part process for getting accepted. Yes it will take longer and slow down the process , but the quality of the person playing I think will be much better.

I have always been a advocate of quality over quantity. Alas that decision is not up to me.

That is true... and I like the idea of a RP interview as well. +1 on that!

Guest Overpowered00

Being clam save ya mate, never forget that...

I guess it all depends of the character in game. Some people would be upset and angry and some just dont want to die, so they play it off like there totally okay with it.

Guest Vittoria

If a robbery has good RP to go with it, I fucking love every second of it.

(Shoutout to SDS for 10/10 hostage RP)

I would love to see some sort of in game interview scenario where 5 people that are pending approval have to go through a made up RP skit, and the STAFF member observing then makes a decision based on that. 2 part process for getting accepted. Yes it will take longer and slow down the process , but the quality of the person playing I think will be much better. Perhaps setup a test server specifically for these things, so there is no worry about having to approve someone for whitelist etc.... Separate server, separate password. as few slots as possible to reduce the cost. It could be done !!

It would slow down the process irreparably. As in, it would slow the process to the point where the process would break.

Where are these robberies happening? What I mean is that are people being cautious or are people running around like headless chickens and have no awareness? I scout every town before I go in and loot. I don't like surprises.

I've got relatively no idea. We're safe at the Prison Island mostly, only had two cases of being robbed on the Island since .53 was released. Either you're running into the wrong crowd or get tunnel vision and don't pay attention. I'd say just find someone you trust and go in pairs.

Cant say the Renegades have ever had any complaints with the way we rob people we mostly get praise actually since the only other robberies our victims seem to have encountered are drop weps ten secs run north robberies.

but yeah we have encountered a few people who just seem to not care a while back we caught one and we asked him "would you like us to explain why you are here in this situation" and he flat out replied with "not really i don't care" maybe its something to do with character mentality and personality but i dont know