Server time: 2018-02-19, 06:16

King of the Castle - Lopatino (Melee only - OOC Event)
TODAY - 2018-02-20 00:00:00 (server time) - Starts in 17 hours, 43 minutes
Sign in to follow this  
mhoblit

Cannibal Glitch?

Not sure if there is a thread for this or not but lately me and my friends have been hearing the crazy laugh across the map at the same time, just wondering if this is happening to others as well?

Yeah we experienced the same thing me and 3 other friends.

We were at GM tonight and noticed the laugh like it was coming from ourselves.

Like when I heard it, it felt like it came from me. Same for my friends (felt like it came from them).

But we know we didn't eat human meat. So we thought server wide bug, but then we left GM and it stopped.

So my guess is that someone at GM was a cannibal, but instead of hearing the sound from them it sounded like it came from ourselves since we were in proximity of the said cannibal.. weird

Cannibal sounds are really buggy in the server yes.

Sometimes the server plays it but it will only play the first half.

And then there is the part where you randomly get the cannibal sound coming from yourself. Very annoying this is because I only realised after 20 minutes that i was the person crying.

So it was kinda weird to rp it out…

But yes this is a glitch, a very annoying one, especially if people start metagaming kuru.

I love the sounds if they can pull them off well. I haven't seen the glitch yet tho.

Fucking scariest thing ever. Kidding me? It's the dead of night at the prison island complex and then you hear psychotic brain diseased noises? Christ...

It's a bug where the effects of a cannibal have been passed on to you via form of a bug, sound sourcing in DayZ has been buggy at best, but there have been reports of non-cannibals receiving the twitching and other symptoms without ever having eaten another person IG.

There's been a few reports of this, you're not the only one. :)

Guest Overpowered00

Yeah it is a glitch, if anyone on the server eats human meat, you have a chance of laughing, it has been a bug for a while.