Server time: 2017-11-20, 19:10

Sign in to follow this  
tymaishu13

Accidentally drinking gasoline?

I was just curious, my friend was telling me how someone gave him a bottle of water, except it had gasoline in it. Neither party seemed to know gasoline was in the bottle. Is there a way to check the container to know what liquid is in it before drinking?

It would really suck to drink gasoline and get sick because you forgot which container had water in it.

From now on don't accept water from anyone... kinda a cool aspect, adds more to the "Don't trust anyone" rule

They should add a "sniff contents" option for bottles, though. There's no way in hell you'd accidentally think that a bottle of alcohol or gasoline was water if you actually sniffed it first.

And I suggest maybe emptying out the contents of any canteens you see on the ground for now. I've heard nasty rumours of people filling canteens with gasoline and laying them around for people to drink them unknowingly.

And I suggest maybe emptying out the contents of any canteens you see on the ground for now. I've heard nasty rumours of people filling canteens with gasoline and laying them around for people to drink them unknowingly.

I call this RDM... Seriously.

They should add a "sniff contents" option for bottles, though. There's no way in hell you'd accidentally think that a bottle of alcohol or gasoline was water if you actually sniffed it first.

Great idea, hopefully the Devs cover this.

Seriously, it's not likely going to kill the player, but getting them sick isn't much better.

I get why people would do this on standard servers, you find a jerry can and remember seeing a bunch of water bottles and canteens in the buildings previously looted, go back and leave some nasty surprises. But in the RP server it just wouldn't make sense to leave them random places. You would be vulnerable for too long while emptying out the water and pouring in the gasoline and it seems kind of pointless when your life is so valuable, like a waste of time when you could be doing something more constructive.

It is. If I recall, someone got a ban strike for going around spraying fruit with disinfectant spray.

It is. If I recall, someone got a ban strike for going around spraying fruit with disinfectant spray.

That's just plain evil.

I was just curious, how do banstrikes work? Like how many banstrikes does it take to be permanently blacklisted?

That's just plain evil.

I was just curious, how do banstrikes work? Like how many banstrikes does it take to be permanently blacklisted?

Please keep the discussion on topic. Open a new thread if you want to know the answer to this question. In addition, you can search for this answer.

They should add lick/taste option.

Eating/drinking lots of stuff which tastes bad will not happen...like... you taste the bad things before eating/drinking everything.

Completely agree. No way you'd mistake petrol for water. As soon as the lid was off, you'd get a pretty good whiff...

Guest Artz

What Lucia says is why I am afraid of drinking of canteens I loot.

There should be a taste test option, but it would be annoying for people trying to RP poisoning someone or doing something along those lines.

I guess the biggest red flag if you ever find a canteen or plastic bottle is if its 100% full. I always run into odd numbered percents like 27% or 33%, but i have yet to come across a 100% full bottle and if i ever do i would more than likely leave it alone now that i know that people may be putting gasoline into them. speaking of food poisoning don't spray a cooking pot with disinfectant. It wont clean it, but it will make all the meat you cook with it leave a bad taste in your mouth. i just have to say thank god for Charcoal tablets.

Guest hockey1199

I think they should add a sniff contents thing because gasoline has a distinct smell. If someone handed me a bottle and i smelled gasoline i would not drink from the bottle. But for now just dont drink from bottles i find. I empty them out and fill them up at a lake so know its water.

Well, just do like your parents taught you, don't eat/drink stuff that you find or take anything from strangers :P

Well, just do like your parents taught you, don't eat/drink stuff that you find or take anything from strangers :P

Well it looks like the population of Chernarus is about to hit "0" real quick ;P

I agree, there should be a way to test the water using your senses whether it be by smell or even looks. Just by looking we should be able to tell the difference between gas and water.