Server time (UTC): 2021-10-19 18:33

RP2 alternative map

Roland

• Server Manager

Proposing starting up RP2 with an alternative map (Taviana, Namalsk etc):

Features:

- All features from DayZRP mod.

- Separate database (you won't share character with RP1)

- Skins from donation exchange able to activate on both servers.

Requirements:

- Population increase on RP1, we don't want servers to feel empty, we need enough players to populate them both.

- New dedicated server for RP2?

Development:

- Will the current DayZRP mod work with Taviana or Namalsk?

- Need of separate DayZRP mod versions for RP1 and 2?

- TradePost and PCB locations if any.

- New building loot, vehicles, etc.

Gathering feedback from the community first, before we start any work. This is not an announcement or release thread, I do not promise that this will ever work out :)

Guest Jamie

Proposing starting up RP2 with Taviana map:

Features:

- All features from DayZRP mod.

- Separate database (you won't share character with RP1)

- Skins from donation exchange able to activate on both servers.

- Would use the new 5-hour day/night cycle

Requirements:

- Population increase on RP1, we don't want servers to feel empty, we need enough players to populate them both.

Development:

- Will DayZRP mod work with Taviana?

- Need of separate DayZRP mod versions for RP1 and 2?

- TradePost and PCB locations

- New building loot, vehicles, etc.

Gathering feedback from the community first, before we start any work. This is not an announcement or release thread, I do not promise that this will ever work out :)

Its fixing time

Proposing starting up RP2 with Taviana map

I have been reaaaally wanting to RP DayZ outside Chernarus. I love the map, but like all games, it gets a little old after awhile. +1 to this idea!

• Emerald

I don't want the population to move to Taviana though, I feel like it's a good sign that RP1 is so healthy in population, but this might risk it.

Requirements:

This is the absolute biggest thing for myself and i feel other players who don't roll around in large groups.

Some nights are booming with full servers for six plus hours and some are less then half full around my European peak. I could suggest the possibility of maybe RP2 being open only a couple nights a week if the population were to conflict with it being open 24/7.

This is good idea, it gives a different style of play for dayzRP since its new environment, and new character to play for the people that are serious with RP. It give a choice for the community to play 2 different areas with DayzRP rules. To make this better it be nice to have JSRS mod back since it gives a much better immersion for those who use it.

• Emerald

I don't want the population to move to Taviana though, I feel like it's a good sign that RP1 is so healthy in population, but this might risk it.

To get more people to play we need a bigger server or a new one! If you build it they will come :D

• MVP

RP1 is more then packed at times, so there's definetly potential for a second server.

B-b-buuut Namaaaalsk! :(

Oh alright fine. Taviana works. I just hope they've sorted out those godawful FPS-drops in the bigger cities.

+1

Moar maps.