Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 06:08

Greetings

Guest dagumboss

Guest dagumboss

Hello everybody!

Just discovered this community. I have a lot of experience role playing in San Andreas: Multiplayer and was ecstatic to see the text based RP applied to DayZ.

Could anybody describe their most epic RP moments in DayzRP?

Guest John Vilikov

Welcome to the Community!

If you with to have a lot of fun, aswell as follow the simple rules of the Server. Read the rules here!

Rules Page

If you are interested in joining a Group to enhance your Roleplay Experience. I suggest taking a look here! I personnel suggest 2nd Indepedent Spetsnaz Brigade, because I am the Leader. Just view the different pages according to your Roleplay preferences!

Clan Page

If you have any questions, feel free to find me on DayZ RP Teamspeak 3, in-game at the Trading Post or just send me a message. See you in the land of Chernarus!

• MVP

Hey! Welcome to the server!

My best RP experience (for now) was a T.O.R meeting... We were about ten people around a campfire and we were talking about our politics.

I know, it's not thaaaaaaaaat interesting for most of the players, but it was big fun!

Make sure you check out Mavasaur's guide as it covers the basics of the forum and the server!

If you haven't sent your application yet, check out the Whitelist application page!

If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask!

If you ever see me in-game, come roleplay! :D

Guest dagumboss

I just wrote the longest background ever and the form cleared itself because one of the fields was incorrect. I'm pretty put off by this.

My best RP experience (for now) was a T.O.R meeting... We were about ten people around a campfire and we were talking about our politics.

I know, it's not thaaaaaaaaat interesting for most of the players, but it was big fun!

That sounds like some pretty solid RP to me.

• MVP

I just wrote the longest background ever and the form cleared itself because one of the fields was incorrect. I'm pretty put off by this.

Have you pressed the "last page" key? It works for replies on the forums.. Not sure if it works for the whitelist application

• MVP

My first night at DayZRP (and DayZ in general). Daniel took me in tow through Cherno in the night. I couldn't see anything, had no knowledge of the environment, completely designated on the NV-goggles of Daniel. Every time we heard a car he told me to turn off my flashlight and duck. It was exciting, thrilling and a whole lot of fun. I felt the fear of dying like I've never felt it in any game before, and I didn't even have good gear yet.

Guest dagumboss

Have you pressed the "last page" key? It works for replies on the forums.. Not sure if it works for the whitelist application

Which key is the last page key? I used the back button.

Also, I did it a second time, although I wrote a much shorter version this time.

• MVP

Which key is the last page key? I used the back button.

Also, I did it a second time, although I wrote a much shorter version this time.

Yeah, the back button is the one I was talking about.. When you write something on the forums, change page then press the back button, the text you were writing comes back.. But I wasn't sure if it worked for the whitelist application..

Shorter version doesn't mean a worse version also! I wish you good luck! :)

Guest dagumboss

My first night at DayZRP (and DayZ in general). Daniel took me in tow through Cherno in the night. I couldn't see anything, had no knowledge of the environment, completely designated on the NV-goggles of Daniel. Every time we heard a car he told me to turn off my flashlight and duck. It was exciting, thrilling and a whole lot of fun. I felt the fear of dying like I've never felt it in any game before, and I didn't even have good gear yet.

Hope my application gets accepted. Is a lot of the RP done through chat?

• MVP

Hope my application gets accepted. Is a lot of the RP done through chat?

A mixture. Most people are in some channel on teamspeak so they sometimes use text in-game (as not to confuse the other teamspeak members). When encountering another player in the wild almost everyone uses voice. At the TP more text is used because everyone talking at the same time would be confusing.

Some people don't want to use voice and I respect that, but it can be difficult sometimes, certainly with hostile encounters. Trying to make clear you're friendly (or not) while still keeping your sights on the other player is difficult when using text.

I use text in TP and mixture of voice and chat in the wild (depends on how comfortable I am. If I'm being chased by zombies I will use voice, but if I'm not I prefer text because it won't attract zombies). I use teamspeak for the people I'm playing with.