Server time: 2018-11-16, 08:25 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Samdo123

The Return of Persistent Loot

Should We Bring Back Persistent Loot  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The title says it all (for the most part). After discussing it with a few people who play on DayZRP and other random servers. It appears the spawning issues with persistent loot, mainly the lack of food has been fixed (please keep in mind I cannot confirm it as I only play DayZRP). That being said, there would be no reason not to bring it back. Lets look at some of the pro's that come with the use of persistent loot.

1) Enhanced RP - While using persistent loot players have the ability to ICly claim homes, or buildings or other purposes. This allows them to store things inside, and actually gives an incentive to find a place to return to that they can refer to as a 'home'. Along with that, if a group were to stockpile supplies in a building and refer to it as their base. Another group could have an assault on it. Both groups would have more motivation to fight for the building. Due to the fact the supplies inside might be extremely rare, and the odds of finding them anywhere else are very slim.

2) More Realistic - This might just be me, but right now it seems everyone I come across has some type of AK. Or military gear. When persistent loot in enabled this gear becomes very rare. Thus very valuable to everyone, no matter it be traders who have it just for the purpose of trading. Or military groups who need it to get the edge on the opposing factions.

Guest Vittoria

its already being bought back on the servers in 0.54

As VittoriaK says it should come back after 0.54 is released. it shouldn't come back before then though it's too buggy and easily exploitable.

As discussed in countless other threads

Please use search in the future

/Closing