Server time: 2017-11-20, 19:02

Sign in to follow this  
thecatshat45

DayZ Vehicles

I know that so far they've added the VS3, and they have many more vehicles planned for the future, but I'm really hoping they add a lot of car fixing/upgrading mechanics. I'm a bit of a petrolhead, and I love seeing performance/muscle cars in video games, especially non racing games. So I'm wondering what you guys think. Do you guys want to see more in depth repairing, and maybe upgrades, like bigger engines or something?

Guest Vittoria

I'd be nice to see some upgrades that fit the apocalypse feel.

Things like ramps on vehicles, makeshift armor, whole in the roof for a gunner, etc.

it would be really nice if the V3S didnt drive like it was stuck in 5th gear :|

Using metal plating as armour.

Being able to make trailers.

Being able to sit on the back.

Being able to store items in vehicles.

Repairing vehicles.

Mounted guns would be really awesome, but it could get really overpowered, if you're in an invincible vehicle with a heavy machine gun, you really couldn't be killed

Mounted guns would be really awesome, but it could get really overpowered, if you're in an invincible vehicle with a heavy machine gun, you really couldn't be killed

if there isnt any armor or cover for the gunner then its easy to shoot him down, but he would be able to cause alot of damage

More variety of vehicles would be awesome! I am surprise though that they haven't added in the a feature where you can store items in vehicles. And to solve the machine gun problem, have limited ammo or make it be a terrible on gas mileage lol

Guest Artz

Fourseaters. That is all I want.

I wouldn't mind a car where we can throw someone in the boot of the car, and essentially lock them in there. It would require a break out mechanic though, I guess.

Things like ramps on vehicles, makeshift armor, whole in the roof for a gunner, etc.

I agree! As long as it fits the reality of the game, I would love more variety in cars! I don't want it to be like GTA though, with cars everywhere. I think the character role of a mechanic would be fun when you can fix cars with spare parts and stuff.

I agree! As long as it fits the reality of the game, I would love more variety in cars! I don't want it to be like GTA though, with cars everywhere. I think the character role of a mechanic would be fun when you can fix cars with spare parts and stuff.

i second this motion. :D

Nice to see a fellow petrolhead around here. I don't think that they will add LS swapping the V3S anytime soon, but I can dream :)

If you're interested in the development of vehicles in game, you should read up on the status report from yesterday.

Click here

Chances are we'll see nothing like muscle cars anytime soon, if ever within Alpha/Beta, but keeping up to date there will give you everything you need to know about the development of other forms of transport IG.

I would really love an land rover, though...

4c08d98492.png

The V3S is getting a manual transmission! I always thought that it was a little unrealistic for a vehicle such as the V3S to have an auto, but now my fears are put to rest! It will be interesting to see how players who drive an auto (ew) cope with the gear changes. And/or the DayZ development team fucks everything up and makes it so gear changing doesn't do anything anyways. One or the other...

#ThreePedalsOrDeath.

im still waiting for that mounted .50 cal looking gun Chris leaked a while back...