Server time (UTC): 2021-10-18 10:28

Experienced RPer, New to DayzRP

Hey everybody

Just submitted my white list application and wanted to introduce myself. My names Shane (DanteXIV), Im from England and Im a student Games Designer and very experienced Roleplayer, however, I have yet to RP in Dayz.

I don't want to put up too much information about my character as I'm quite looking forward to revealing his motivations and personality in game through interaction but he is very much focused on redeeming himself from a troubled past, so Im looking forward to hopefully being able to help the people I will encounter in my travels.

Im really excited to hopefully becoming part of such an established RP community on dayz and immersing myself fully in what dayz has to offer when supported by RP.

If anyone has any questions, let me know, see you on Chernarus!

• MVP

Hey! Welcome to the server!

You look like you're enjoying RP'ing and... We're happy! Take a look at the Role Playing section of the forum and don't hesitate to post your story!

Read Mav's guide about "Your first day on DayZRP" it covers the basics of the server and the forum!

If you plan on joining a group, this Clans and Groups section is made for you!

Congratulations for your whitelist application! I hope to see you in-game!

If you need anything, feel free to ask! :)

Ahoj! My mandatory message to all hardcore RP'ers: Play the campaign (Harvest Red), or if it's too bad for you, play another campaign (very good player-made campaign, called Operation Cobalt, has far more backstory than Harvest Red), and read my history book. Chernarussians speak Czech (and thus have Czech names), so that's another tidbit of info. I just can't spoil good roleplay with ignorance of the background, can we?

Thankyou both for the added info, I'm offline for a few days but really looking forward to getting on the server and RPing with you all, as far as groups go I'm going to base it purely on an IC perspective after I meet. Them in game, my character has no clue what's going on so I'll be playing it very confused and cautiously.

Just a quick question, what happens when you die? Do you have to submit info on your new characters background?

• MVP

Thankyou both for the added info, I'm offline for a few days but really looking forward to getting on the server and RPing with you all, as far as groups go I'm going to base it purely on an IC perspective after I meet. Them in game, my character has no clue what's going on so I'll be playing it very confused and cautiously.

Just a quick question, what happens when you die? Do you have to submit info on your new characters background?

That is your own choice. Most people die a lot. Sometimes by glitches or other stupid stuff you can't control. There's no fun in changing your character every time that happens.

Most people ignore death and pretend they "passed out". It's not realistic but this way you have time to develope your character. There is however a new life rule. You can't just walk back to your body/a firefight after you died. Unless you died because of some stupid glitch maybe. But I'm sure you understand that. You'll have to use common sense.

By the way, I'm jealous of you. When I joined DayZRP it was also the first time playing DayZ for me, so pretending to have no knowledge of anything would've been a lot of fun. Maybe I will do it some day, but it won't be the same because now I know how the map looks like.

Cheers, that's good to know...The whole clueless thing will go along well with wanting to help others survive in a world noone really understands.

Just sorting my DayzRP mod download....excited!

That is your own choice. Most people die a lot. Sometimes by glitches or other stupid stuff you can't control. There's no fun in changing your character every time that happens.

My own way, if I die alone, without any people watching, I usually like to ignore the death, and pretend it never happened. But if I clearly get killed, especially if it's dramatic, I'd feel okay to die in-character. But sometimes I make an exception if it's too early to die (you guys at SDS, you know what I'm talking about)