Server time (UTC): 2021-10-22 20:22

Rping with people unconcious

so i was thinking about it....

say you knock someone out(big gunshot to the chest or whatever RIP chlorophorm) and you want to "interrogate" them or whatever.

If you walk up to the unconscious body and type something along the lines of:

*walks up to the unconscious person and removes all of his weapons*

Would you:

A. Godmode and keep the weapons and kill them because you dont want to RP? "derp herp they are fused to my limbs good try though, and i have a deathgrip on the handles!"

B. Wake up and drop your stuff on the ground, lay back down and actually RP?

C. Combat log?

im curious because i think it could make roleplay more... roleplay... if the victim actually RPs that you stripped them of their weapons while they were knocked out.

could be considered as a RP way of saying drop your weapons when you wake up. If you do this make sure you stand behind the person in case they don't engage in the RP

• Legend

For chloroform to work properly, unconscious people need to be lootable. But yeah, definitely option B.

@jerry

well no. I want the ability to RP with someone and because i cant remove there weapons we'd wait for them to wake up, drop them, then RP back to sleep and carry on from there...

people dont like being submissive but its a part of RP sometimes...

if they dont engage in the RP then they could be banned? no?

Guest Agald

Seems like it would be a fix for the fact we cannot loot people that are out cold...But there are variables as with anything else on this game. Loot-able unconscious bodies would be the best option but this is a quick fix that I endorse. (but seriously can we do that? loot-able unconscious bodies? JUUKKIII!!!!)

• MVP

"People don't like being submissive"

I think you're wrong there. First of all, I think you should learn to like if you don't already. It's an RP server. You aren't here for getting the best weapons and gear or killing the most zombies. You are here to roleplay. And while I can't force everyone to roleplay super seriously, it kind of annoys me when people make such a big deal out of dying. Don't get me wrong, dying should be a big deal. The more impact death has, the more you can roleplay, I think. Your character should be afraid of death, and so should you.

I think there are a lot of people on this server who would choose option B. Do not underestimate that. However, I think most people would misunderstand it and think you're trying to rob them. Which you kind of are, as Jerry said.

My answer is B. Without a doubt. Not that good at voice acting and sometimes I forget to roleplay ("has a truck spawned there?" instead of "have you found a truck there?"), but these kind of scenarios I take pretty seriously.

"People don't like being submissive"

I think you're wrong there. First of all, I think you should learn to like if you don't already. It's an RP server. You aren't here for getting the best weapons and gear or killing the most zombies. You are here to roleplay. And while I can't force everyone to roleplay super seriously, it kind of annoys me when people make such a big deal out of dying. Don't get me wrong, dying should be a big deal. The more impact death has, the more you can roleplay, I think. Your character should be afraid of death, and so should you.

I think there are a lot of people on this server who would choose option B. Do not underestimate that. However, I think most people would misunderstand it and think you're trying to rob them. Which you kind of are, as Jerry said.

My answer is B. Without a doubt. Not that good at voice acting and sometimes I forget to roleplay ("has a truck spawned there?" instead of "have you found a truck there?"), but these kind of scenarios I take pretty seriously.

My apologies i want trying to imply that is "everyone" i should of said some people. and glad to hear your opinion. i started this thread not as someone against it. but wanted to see other peoples reactions/opinions considering i doubt anyone has done this before. everyone usually just wants to kill. hopefully im wrong though. anyone have any stories?

so i was thinking about it....

say you knock someone out(big gunshot to the chest or whatever RIP chlorophorm) and you want to "interrogate" them or whatever.

If you walk up to the unconscious body and type something along the lines of:

Would you:

A. Godmode and keep the weapons and kill them because you dont want to RP? "derp herp they are fused to my limbs good try though, and i have a deathgrip on the handles!"

B. Wake up and drop your stuff on the ground, lay back down and actually RP?

C. Combat log?

im curious because i think it could make roleplay more... roleplay... if the victim actually RPs that you stripped them of their weapons while they were knocked out.

Well, I'm not a twelve year old, and I think losing all my gear and being injured is awesome for IC character development. OOCly and ICly you gain more street smarts from experince, overall making you a better survivor. In real life, your weapons would be stripped, so I'd OOCly drop my guns that he took and move on from there.

• Server Manager

Definitely B. If you want to hang on to your gear so badly you're not willing to role play then you're on the wrong server.

Also, the game obviously has some limitations like looting people which you as role players will have to find ways to get around.

Guest Whiskey1

if u knocked me out and said this i would simply type:

*wakes up and snatches weapons back*.... then probably shoot you soon after for knocking my ass out

xD

I'm surprised there's not a blackjack of some kind to facilitate knockout attacks from close range.

*wakes up and snatches weapons back*.... then probably shoot you soon after for knocking my ass out

xD

this right here is why I made this RP discussion lol

Guest Whiskey1

xD

this right here is why I made this RP discussion lol

lol you cant make ppl do what you want man. im down to rp.. but i think sometimes ppl take it a lil too far

lol you cant make ppl do what you want man. im down to rp.. but i think sometimes ppl take it a lil too far

im all for freedom and stuff man dont get me wrong. but if we cant remove weapons from unconscious people, then the least the victim could do, as a Roleplayer, to try and give the "story" more body to it.

"so we knocked this guy out, and we wanted to talk to him before he died, so while he was knocked out we took his weapons off of him, and 'woke him up' sorta speak, he wasnt very friendly, but what choice did he have?"

as opposed to

"oh we wanted to RP with this guy, but he decided he had a death-grip on his weapons, we tried to remove his weapons, but it appears the weapons are welded to his hands. so we shot him in the face. 2 hours later he robbed us and killed us"

both stories will both end in "2 hours later" part because you know. dayz right? but atleast the first story had some entertainment to it.

• Emerald

RPing with unconscious people... People seem to forget that unconscious people cannot speak in any way shape or form, and ask them questions and such, and then get FURIOUS when they don't get an immediate response... Just saying folks, the mechanics of this game prevent typing, speech or even hitting ESC while unconscious, don't get mad when that unconscious person does not respond. He cannot even combat log without hitting Alt+F4

what both parties have to agree? your unconcious! you dont have a say in what happens!

i know when you unconscious you cant be looted, only your backpack, but i mean seriously who would RP?

I would.

OOC of course. It's all part of the "Roleplay" experience: it's an act.

what both parties have to agree? your unconcious! you dont have a say in what happens!

i know when you unconscious you cant be looted, only your backpack, but i mean seriously who would RP?

I would.

OOC of course. It's all part of the "Roleplay" experience: it's an act.

well OOC of course, i was speaking more in terms of IC :S

Well the safest way would be to clearly instruct the unconscious person not to move and remove their weapons, as emoting that you're removing their weapons, whilst considered plausible in roleplay will not always compute to certain players (eg: Whiskey and his response) and can also be considered god-moding by others.

Unfortunately this game isn't designed for roleplaying so it's very limited in what can and what can't be done, but as the rules state; Use common sense.