Server time (UTC): 2021-10-18 10:25

Fury - Final Ban Appeal

Guest Marcus Williams

Guest Marcus Williams

Hello, I will be posting this final appeal for Nightwisj as I feel that his perma-ban needs to be re-considered.

I would first like to say that the appealers in this thread will not down talk/trash talk any admins/GMs, we will give them respect and patience, such things we request to be returned. I'd also like to request anybody that is not a GM/admin not to post in this ban appeal. Thanks.

Onto business:

Nightwisj (a.k.a. Fury) was banned for the following report

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-nlr-fishy

The report states that Fury went back to the area of the fight, after he had previously died, and rejoined the fight. I would like to state that Fury did indeed go -by- the area of the firefight, but only to get to RF's camp, which was just north of where the firefight was located. He had no intention of fighting again, until his IC character witnessed a hostile action when he saw his own teammate get killed for no reason. When this happened, Fury unloaded at the guy who killed his teammate.

I understand that Fury was on Amnesty, just like myself, and if he fucked up one time, he'd be perma-banned once again, which this leads me to my next point:

In this report

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-invalid-s-gru-and-their-opinion-of-the-nlr

Patte (a.k.a Papa Emeritus) reports S-GRU for several NLR breaks. One of these people who was breaking the NLR repeatedly in said incident was Boris Grigorev. Boris was on Amnesty as well, which ment that if he too fucked up once, he should be perma-banned. But, that wasn't the case in that report. The logs in that incident were provided by Livs.

Logs that show Boris was breaking NLR multiple times (order from first to last break):

1:45:20 "PKILL: Boris Grigorev was killed by Roach with weapon DMR from 56.4043m"

2:04:16 "PKILL: Boris Grigorev was killed by Roach with weapon glock17_EP1 from 2.30587m"

2:11:06 "PKILL: Boris Grigorev was killed by Roach with weapon DMR from 50.83m"

2:33:35 "PKILL: Boris Grigorev was killed by Roach with weapon DMR from 39.759m"

2:33:35 "PKILL: Boris Grigorev was killed by Roach with weapon DMR from 39.759m"

As shown above, Boris not only broke the NLR once, but four times. You can see that because he was killed by the same person (Roach) in under the time of thirty minutes. Even though Boris broke the NLR four times, he (and all of S-GRU) only received a character reset. But, Fury, only returning -near- the area of the firefight to head back to camp, gets perma-banned when killed once.

What I'm trying to point out here is that Boris broke NLR four times, and got away with a character reset while he was on Amnesty, and Fury returning near the area of the firefight, and getting a perma-ban for it because he's on Amnesty.

I only ask that the admins/GMs reconsider Fury's ban.

Thank you,

-Marcus

Also i would like to poikt out that nightwisj never did anythig on dayzrp to get permabanned. His actions that got is account "permabanned" was outside the dayzrp (even rolle knows this). You could say hacking is bad yes. And yes it is. However., still we have thread where people can request guid resets for banned guid's. Also i knew probaply 10 people who have previosly hacked on arma 2 servers and are/was playing here, lets say boris for example.

Now i can understand the NLR breaking thing. But inseriosly feel that this permaban is WAY too harsh. Would character reset be on spot for this, no idea maybe, but permaban for such a small thing, amnesty or not.

Tl;dr: nightwish did not deserve the ammount of warning he had, he should not have been permabanned in first place.

Agreed, I don't see why you would strike down -that- hard when not even necessary. Nightwisj is a good guy and he's fun to play with (fucking heli-flips), and it'd really be a shame if we all sat on DayZRP, and he wouldn't be able to join in on the fun.

I'd also like to ask you to reconsider this.

-Ruff

• MVP

So let me get this right, and please correct me if i'm wrong, You were banned for breaking the NLR (which is pretty obvious and clear, if you die you don't go back you are a new character) but because he wasn't in the fight, but just near (close enough to be considered a target in the fight) to "re-gear" a person back on amnesty should be allowed a last, last chance?

I think it was more cus his scripting in random dayz servers out side this one. Was put on high warning level right when joining here. Rolle knew about his hacking so he placed the high warning level. After getting in trouble with NLR it put him over the limit. To my understanding it was the first time breaking a rule on this server. But cus his high warning he was perma banned right away. More our less give him a second chance cus he never broke any rule while on this server. I could be missing some details but that's my understanding.

• MVP

I think it was more cus his scripting in random dayz servers out side this one. Was put on high warning level right when joining here. Rolle

Who are you? why are you posting random accusations in this report that speculate on things you have no proof of? Please, if you arn't speaking for the banned I.E. marcus. Or a member of the reports he was banned for do not post.

Guest Marcus Williams

So let me get this right, and please correct me if i'm wrong, You were banned for breaking the NLR (which is pretty obvious and clear, if you die you don't go back you are a new character) but because he wasn't in the fight, but just near (close enough to be considered a target in the fight) to "re-gear" a person back on amnesty should be allowed a last, last chance?

A random blue van is considered a target in the firefight? He was right near the blue van when Boris killed DeadAntelope which caused Nightwisj to react because he character just witnessed a teammate be killed.

Guest Marcus Williams

So you did go back to a firefight area after dying? Your are saying you broke the NLR but you, who was on his last chance server amnesty, shouldn't get punished for it?

Nightwisj's response:

I had no interest in rejoining the firefight. I was heading in the direction of RF camp, but was shot at (DeadAntelope gets killed) and I react upon that hostile act.

• MVP

From what i read here, you are saying you didn't want to get back in the fight, but go close enough to it that someone considered you a target... When you knew full well you shouldn't have gone any where near that area.

Guest Marcus Williams

From what i read here, you are saying you didn't want to get back in the fight, but go close enough to it that someone considered you a target... When you knew full well you shouldn't have gone any where near that area.

Nightwisj:

I was never intending to rejoin said firefight. I never went back to my body or anything. If I wanted to rejoin the firefight, I would've made proper contact. But S-GRU decided to unload at a random blue betty van with no contact what so ever. Never confirmed their targets or anything. My character only fought back because he had just witnessed a hostile action on his own teammate.

• MVP

I'm sorry, but your justification is not enough. You were on amnesty and you knew full well to avoid that entire area, and the fact you were killed by the same people in the firefight means you got close enough to be considered a hostile target.

This is a clear violation of the NLR then and now.

Ban holds.