Server time: 2017-08-17, 19:32

Sign in to follow this  
Guest indetrucks

3 guys cuff, rob, then shoot me dead

Guest indetrucks   
Guest indetrucks

Yesterday 3 guys told me to put my hands up "which I did" and then cuffed me.

They then walk me to a barn and take my AK101, MP5, and most of my loot/gear. While handcuffed they start to chuckle about how it must have taken me forever to find all that gear and it only took them 5 minutes to take it from me.

While still cuffed, I stand up from my kneeling position and attempt to jog off while admittedly yelling some colorful words :) One guy yells at me to stop running, then says he's going to shoot me in the leg. I get to the barn door and he kills me dead. Again, this is 3 fully armed guys vs. me who is cuffed and unarmed.

Was he justified in killing an unarmed, bound up hostage?

What is the role play to avoid being robbed of all my gear like this?

Can I just run next time someone asks me to put my hands up to avoid the whole situation? I understand we are supposed to be role playing, but running from danger is what many would do in real life too.

Or what about this scenario... when they asked me to put my hands up, what if I responded with"no YOU put YOUR hands up" and pointed MY gun at them?

Are they then justified in shooting me? Do we have a stalemate at that point or is it my duty as a role playing citizen to put my hands up since they got the drop on me?

What makes matters worse, I showed one of them where an AK was and even warned him about a creepy player down the road. I guess while I was leading him to the AK, he was Team Speaking with his buddies who were in the area and decided to ambushed me.

I dunno.. just kinda bummed me out I guess. Clearly while cuffed I'm not gonna "get away." I just thought it would be funny jog off while cuffed... didn't think they were going to kill someone who was not a threat.

Any suggestions are appreciated. I am not here to report anyone, just want to know what you would have done.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Please post this is the Reports section, and make sure to utlize the proper format for reporting. If you have any video evidence , please post that in the thread as well.

Can a MOD move this to Reports ?

ObeSpartan    0

"What is the role play to avoid being robbed of all my gear like this? "

2 things: You coulda try to say to 'em like this: Listen guys, no harm, i am gonna give you my best stuff, and you let me go please, its for free..."

OR:

Never gear up as heavy like this...

Sadly weve to accept robberys as a part of this whole thing.

Guest indetrucks   
Guest indetrucks

Please post this is the Reports section, and make sure to utlize the proper format for reporting. If you have any video evidence , please post that in the thread as well.

This isn't a report... I don't think you read my post as I already stated this.

2 things: You coulda try to say to 'em like this: Listen guys, no harm, i am gonna give you my best stuff, and you let me go please, its for free..."

OR:

Agreed, but what if then they asked me to put my hands up and I open fired on them. Is this allowed? I don't like being taken and robbed, not in Role Play and not in Real life.

I CCW in real life and the reason I do so is to protect myself. You can bet I will pull it if I am threatened just like these guys did to me in the game.

So when bandits attempt to rob me, in what scenario am I allowed to fire at them?

ObeSpartan    0

OR:

Agreed, but what if then they asked me to put my hands up and I open fired on them. Is this allowed? I don't like being taken and robbed, not in Role Play and not in Real life.

I CCW in real life and the reason I do so is to protect myself. You can bet I will pull it if I am threatened just like these guys did to me in the game.

So when bandits attempt to rob me, am I allowed to fire?

What i know is...for example they say: Put your damned hands up in the air, buddy.."

You respond like this: Okay buddy, no harm, just chill 1 sec...

AND THEN when it seems you surrender, you coulda try to hide, or for example get behind a wall..then it comes to the rp you gonna put it...

It shouldnt be like Modern Warfire or Battlefield..just shot and die

But you can fight back, definitely...

Guest indetrucks   
Guest indetrucks

So let's say they tell me to put my hands up and I respond with "that's not gonna happen"

Do they then have the right to open fire on me? Or can they only fire if I run?

I guess what I'm asking is, when am I allowed to protect myself from being robbed?

Am I actually allowed to just run?

This initial contact happened in a big open field so running and ducking behind a house wasn't my best option. especially if they are allowed to fire upon me when I start running.

ObeSpartan    0

So let's say they tell me to put my hands up and I respond with "that's not gonna happen"

I guess what I'm asking is, when am I allowed to protect myself from being robbed?

This initial contact happened in a big open field so running and ducking behind a house wasn't my best option. especially if they are allowed to fire upon me when I start running.

Hmm..

Ive experienced this...

People have easy finger on trigger...DayZ wasnt maybe thought to be Rped...

Or they play 2 much BF and stuff..

If you DONT comply...and they repeat maybe 1 or atleast 2 times..

Rest In Potatoes...

Ive already showd you a way how to fight back^^

Darkvern    0

Sorry to hear this happened to you.

I would suggest using the proper template and making a report.

Unfortunately they made a demand for you to comply and stop running, you stated you didn't which can warrant a means to stop you from escaping. Shooting you to get you to stop while handcuffed could be up for discussion.

The shear fact that they OCC while robbing you with them laughing about the amount of time it took for you to find this gear is very upsetting. To me it just goes to show they had no real intention of robbing you with any roleplay value or depth.

Cheers and best of luck'

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

OR:

So when bandits attempt to rob me, in what scenario am I allowed to fire at them?

I know , but I am suggesting that you report this. There is a current issue it seems with this recent influx of PVP/RDM reports is getting bad. These guys need to know the rules.

ObeSpartan    0

My answer: Both. IF you dont comply expect everything buddy

My answer: Ofc you can try. but with hands up in the air or the enemy already aiming is hard...

My answer: Yes...but take care of the shots..

OR:

I know , but I am suggesting that you report this. There is a current issue it seems with this recent influx of PVP/RDM reports is getting bad. These guys need to know the rules.

Ive already tried no success. But i woulda suggest this too.

But do not forget noone can discuss a good footage..

Always take a vid plus some good screenshots

Kanye    14

Sounds like you disobeyed a command and got shot for it. Seems legit to me.

Also, people will rob you for your tears alone, the only thing you can do is roll with a group or make yourself not worth the robbery.

Guest indetrucks   
Guest indetrucks

Ok, so if I decide to run.. I can get shot (which I'm ok with)

If I don't comply, I can get shot (again, I am ok with)

It seems like both these options may end to me being shot.

So at what point can I shoot? Am I only allowed to shoot in this situation if shot upon?

I don't want to be accused of KOS if they tell me to put my hands up and I resist with shots of my own.

In real life I won't take being robbed sitting down, so if I'm armed while in character, am I allowed to not comply with self defense?

As far as reports goes, I'm not interested in causing a fuss. It is what it is.

So at what point can I shoot? Am I only allowed to shoot in this situation if shot upon?

I don't want to be accused of KOS if they tell me to put my hands up and I resist with shots of my own.

In real life I won't take being robbed sitting down, so if I'm armed while in character, am I allowed to not comply with self defense?

Once a person initiates on you then you are automatically given kos rights on said person. You can choose to fight back but it will be considered non complaince and the robber can kill you...

But it can also be considered NVFL if perhaps you are surrounded by five armed men and they attempt to rob, instead of comply you decide to fight back and only take out one guy while the other four mow you down with bullets...

Boia    0

-snip-

Obespartan you looks like experienced so i have a question for you:

If the Maker's Family cornered me and my two friend called Obe and Syl in a closed room and intimate us to get outside and we answer to get off they have rights to open the door and throw a granade inside?

Sorry for OT but that was one of my favorite RP experience xD

Back IT

You have the right to shoot if the initiator threat you, this is what rules say but i look around the forum and this is an argument talked a lot.

At least when they initiate you for robber they become a threat cause "put your hands up or i kill you" is a clear intention of what they do if you don't comply but if you istant kill them this can ruin the RP.

"put your hands up or i kill you" "bang bang" "bang bang bang bang"--->end.

I know you can say "i don't wanna make me robbed by everyone for RP" but there is another rule who talk about NVFL (no value for life) so in a real situation are you prepared to die for keep a gun?

Darkvern    0

Thats is a hard question to answer and may depend on the situation. Lots of potential variables that may bring up NVFL rule into effect.

If they have made hostile intentions towards you very clear and you feel the chances of you surviving are very high and your gun is already out you may fire as they has given you kos rights on them by verbally/text stating their hostile intentions towards you.

However if you are severely outnumbered our your gun is holstered then trying to "mow" down your assailants may cause you to break the NVFL rule. This all depends on the situation

Yes. You are under proper circumstances.

Note: I answered to the best of my knowledge.

Cheers and best of luck

ObeSpartan    0

@Boia

Haha. :P

I see, what you mean, we kinda did not comply plus syl throw some bad words at 'em. So we became kinda enemys

Also, people will rob you for your tears alone, the only thing you can do is roll with a group or make yourself not worth the robbery.

It gets difficult when you got interrupted by something and cant comply..e.g zombys

Guest indetrucks   
Guest indetrucks

Ok, so as I understand it... if I am told to put my hands up or I will be shot, I am then allowed to protect myself by firing first.

Looks like I will have to capture video of any future interactions in order to protect myself when bandits come on here to try and report me for killing them.

ObeSpartan    0

Ok, so as I understand it... if I am told to put my hands up or I will be shot, I am then allowed to protect myself by firing first.

Looks like I will have to capture video of any future interactions in order to protect myself when bandits come on here to try and report me for killing them.

This is kinda bad rp, isnt it?

Almost no1 woulda aim the gun and try to shoot, IF youve got ALREADY a gun at your face...

Guest indetrucks   
Guest indetrucks

This is kinda bad rp, isnt it?

Almost no1 woulda aim the gun and try to shoot, IF youve got ALREADY a gun at your face...

I'm not so sure.. aiming and effectively hitting a moving target in real life is rather difficult unless you are very experience with a firearm. We all know aiming and firing at a moving target with accuracy in DayZ is even more difficult.

So by your suggestion, if I am held up by gunpoint, I should comply and just deal with getting robbed?

If this is the case, this leaves little to no risk playing as a bandit and I feel that it's encouraging banditry.

ObeSpartan    0

"So by your suggestion, if I am held up by gunpoint, I should comply and get robbed?"

A man knows when he has to surrender :P

Try to play hero against an already aimed gun.

Dont get me wrong ive tried that too...

High chance of not surviving...

EDIT: And noone wants really to die...

So irl, 90% of ppl woulda surrender...

5% woulda try to fight back...

5% woulda die hearth attack >:D

Kanye    14

@Boia

Haha. :P

I see, what you mean, we kinda did not comply plus syl throw some bad words at 'em. So we became kinda enemys

It gets difficult when you got interrupted by something and cant comply..e.g zombys

If that is the case then the robbers broke rules by not keeping their hostage safe. If you were not in immediate danger then it is a legitimate kill.

Large groups prey on well geared lone wolves. They rob you - if you fight back it is nvfl. Classic banditry - power and safety in numbers.

Either gear up less if alone - so you have little to lose, or roll with others. Or get ready to be compliant and regularly lose your AK and Gorka hat.

If one or maybe two guys try and rob you - you can probably just say no and light them up. You are breaking no rules then. They are going to steal your AK anyway.