Server time: 2017-08-22, 16:57

Sign in to follow this  
Milos

Steam Account Switching, a question.

Question

Milos    0

Hello everyone,

I have a question I feel I should ask before I attempt anything and lock myself out or something. Back when DayZ SA first launched I really got into the PvP aspect of the game, since my friends and I would be on quite a bit we'd obviously come accustomed to the 'You're Dead' screen. I bought a second account to act as a mule for gear.

Now, there are instances when these friends ask me to go and join them for a game to which I've been declining. I understand the rules of one GUID per account so I was thinking of just using this account for my RP fix and my other one to play with my other friends. This is where my problem lies. Back when I used to mule I'd be able to switch accounts and my IG Name would be different on both as well as the gear they were holding, it would defeat the purpose if it didn't. But when I logged in earlier today for the first time in quite a while on my other account I realized that it was my RP Character, same name and gear on the main menu. I didn't log into any servers since I don't want to mess things up or have rule collisions here on the forums.

Is this a thing that can be done? Why is it displaying me with the same name and gear on both my accounts?

I've searched the FAQs and couldn't find an answer so I'd appreciate any information on this subject.

Thank you.

7 answers to this question

Eagle    346

if this is you fearing that you will bring gear from other servers on to the rp one that will not happen as it is a private shard not a public one, and i think the picture in front goes withe the character you play the most, have you tested loging on to other servers such as public hives?

but if you want to change your guid i would tell you to go on to ts and talk it over withe a gm or a admin to sort this issue out or just sent him/her a pm on here for a request for a change on guid.

Milos    0

No no, I want to leave my accounts locked as they are, I was fearing a rule breach. Since the character at the main menu wasn't switching I feared that gear was going to be moved around, I didn't log in in fear of this. But it makes sense now that you mention the whole private hive thing.

Should I try and log in? Maybe wait until it's confirmed?

Eagle    346

No no, I want to leave my accounts locked as they are, I was fearing a rule breach. Since the character at the main menu wasn't switching I feared that gear was going to be moved around, I didn't log in in fear of this. But it makes sense now that you mention the whole private hive thing.

Should I try and log in? Maybe wait until it's confirmed?

well if you fear for your gear i would suggest going to the ts and talking it over withe the staff they have this 100% correct.

i have not gone on public hives for weeks so it might be changed.

The account you are using here is the only account that you can have on DayZRP. You are allowed only one forum account and one whitelisted GUID. On top of this, the DayZRP servers use a private hive, so there is no way that you could be using gear from anywhere else, including your other steam account. Hope this answers your question.

Milos    0

Yeah, tested, as mentioned above neither of my accounts are conflicting with each other beyond the main menu. Thanks for the help.

Could this be marked as solved?

Yes it can!

*Punches the solved button in the FACE*

Glad you got your answer.