Server time: 2017-08-16, 23:55

Sign in to follow this  
Slinkaaay

Team speak and Steam Chat question

Question

Slinkaaay    2

In a recent post, (KOS Allegation video) as well as some online videos I see people chatting away OOC on team speak about stuff that has nothing to do with the game. Shooting the breeze to talking about what they are going to do next. I was under the impression we could not do that, OOG chat or OOC chat while playing was to be minimal. The reason I ask is I have turned down steam chat request for fear of rule violations. Can someone please explain this.

I try to RP to the best of my ability and have not contacted people on TS because I never asked for there frequency. Am I wrong?

Thanks

Slink

9 answers to this question

Prince    93

Dude Ts for most people is an ooc place were you talk to your friends.

Some people mute ts when roleplaying if they want but there is no rule.

-maybe find a sound file later-

Slinkaaay    2

Awesome, I have never joined a channel because I didn't know that! Thought I might break a rule. Do you just link a hot button in TS to mute the chat? Also am I out of line if I hope on someones channel and say for instance "Carlton, haven't seen you in awhile where are you?" Presuming my radio wasn't stolen.

Teas    1

Yeah you can link a hot key to mute your headset easily enough. But I still find OOC TS confusing and don't do it myself, just a personal preferance, if I'm using TS in-game I use only strictly IC channels with team mates.

Cid    332

TS can easily be used for IC radios if you so choose, some groups tend to do this, others keep TS strictly OOC. You could easily tell this by looking through channels that groups have. In the end, I wouldn't contact someone via IC message on TS unless I had their frequency, and if that is how you want to treat TS that's the way you can do it.

Do you feel like your question has been answered?

Kanye    14

Most clans talk about in game activity ooc, and most people do not keep their fake accents in to comms either. I do not believe this constitutes meta or any sort of rulebreak. It just gets tiresome holding an accent for 4 plus hours. Usually the only time third party comms are used for IC info is when contacting other groups. Even then it isn't common.

Slinkaaay    2

So TS replaces a radio IG then?

Yes I read in the forums, everyone starts out with a radio, u can use it in TS, unless its stolen from you...slink

Glad we could help. I'll mark this as solved.