Server time: 2017-10-22, 15:47
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
fancycakes

Multiple Steam Accounts

Question

fancycakes    0

Hello everyone,

I've playing around with a back story that I hope to play with a friend different from my original story once he hopefully is whitelisted. However I don't necessarily want to lose what I have going for my current persona because we may not always get to interact together. I was wondering if I had a second steam account with a different GUID, would I have to reapply for the server for that account or could I just supply that GUID to an admin?

Thanks for your time in advance and keep up the good work. I love the community and atmosphere we have here.

11 answers to this question

Vapor    0

You can switch between your two different personas. Making two accounts doesn't sound necessary or make any sense.

fancycakes    0

Well switching back and forth between the two personas would be difficult because each would be geared differently based on the personality. That was my biggest concern because that would mean dropping gear and re-outfitting every time I switched between the two.

Riggs, thanks for that link, it looks as though doing it that way I would have to have it changed every time I switched between the two accounts.

Brad    158

You can switch between your two different personas. Making two accounts doesn't sound necessary or make any sense.

Is there a way to do this other than killing your character to access the new one?

(this would only matter if your character is a different model etc. Some people just switch clothing etc. My two characters are quite different though.)

fancycakes    0

Is there a way to do this other than killing your character to access the new one?

(this would only matter if your character is a different model etc. Some people just switch clothing etc. My two characters are quite different though.)

Mine would be too...

Vapor    0

Well switching back and forth between the two personas would be difficult because each would be geared differently based on the personality. That was my biggest concern because that would mean dropping gear and re-outfitting every time I switched between the two.

Riggs, thanks for that link, it looks as though doing it that way I would have to have it changed every time I switched between the two accounts.

What you can do is, carry the gear for both characters. Switch how you look whenever you want to be the other character. It may take up space in pack. But it would be less trouble for the admins. I am assuming it would be a mess to deal with a person that wants two accounts.

Edit: Models can be a problem. But I think it be best that you have the same model, if you really want to play two different characters.

Chris    63

Yeah, the staff aren't going to reset your guid for that reason. Only one guid per account.

fancycakes    0

Yeah, the staff aren't going to reset your guid for that reason. Only one guid per account.

Which I agree they shouldn't. If the worst thing I have to do is apply on the second account I will, I just wanted to inquire about my options first.

Teas    1

One account and one GUID per member I'm afraid. If you wish to play alternative characters you can do that, but it's with the same guid and the same model. Just change your name in the DayZ title screen and have at it.

But you cannot register a seperate GUID here.

Teas    1

Roger, not the answer you wanted but it's the way we do alternate characters here. With a bit of tinkering with your gear you can pull it off well enough.

/marking as solved