Server time: 2017-10-18, 16:31
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Darkvern

Bandits

Darkvern    0

There seems to be an influx of new community members that have the sole purpose of robbing everything in sight. I even watched some new members try to rob a dismembered zombie to no avail. Just kidding.

In all seriousness some community members really need to get a grasp on the Bandit RP role. Playing a bandit is easily one of the hardest to grasp and requires thought as it should (I am a terrible bandit as I feel tremendous guilt and far too nice).

The act of robbing a fellow survivor should be thought out and require some serious rp exchanged with your victims/hostages. You must realize that being the aggressor(s) you are the one(s) creating all the risk for everyone and all parties involved and must remember that. You must give your hostages a chance, if you initiate you must be willing to accept the risks you created and take your finger of the trigger. Remember that you (the aggressor) are the one(s) that created the scenario. A scenario where RP should be present and have a chance to flourish to say the least.

I suggest if you are new to the community you take some time to play as a regular survivors (insert story here). Too many people are joining and immediately become SUPA SOLDIERS. "I am SUPA skilled with every weapon in chernarus." "I feel no pain nor remorse", "Nothing on this planet scares me", "Everything that is shiny is belong to me", "Survivors travelling alone should know better and shall be dealt with accordingly...robbed blind and shaken up on sight"

Common guys and gals. We joined this awesome community to have a great time and role play to our hearts content and hopefully reciprocating the awesome time to your fellow community members that you come across in game.

cheers and good luck to all survivors.

Guest Phat J   
Guest Phat J

I agree with this..the amount of shit RP me and my boiz have ran into recently is just 0/10

Vapor    0

They all played it out perfectly, very entertaining. Is this in one of the RP servers?

So, 0/10 times you have encountered shit RP. That's good... (I am joking. I know what you're saying.)

I haven't encountered any bad role players, everyone that I've met so far, have all been good, interesting, awesome characters. I haven't come across a bandit that tried to take my things or harm me. I did however encounter a bandit that was stealing from another person.

I agree that everyone that plays a bandit role, must do what they can to roleplay over ruleplay.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

I agree that alot of the bandits need some RP training for sure. The majority of the reports seem to be poor banditry.

Joffrey    892

I think the biggest take away here, is that if you intend to rob someone make sure it has a ton of RP in it. I would recommend not telling your hostage to just "shut up or die". Even if they are spouting out some super soldier bullshit like "If you don't let me go I will kill all of your famly and hunt you down until..uhh death!". If they turn super soldier on you try to roll with the punches. Don't just tell them to shut up or die.

Sofie    0

They all played it out perfectly, very entertaining. Is this in one of the RP servers?

So, 0/10 times you have encountered shit RP. That's good... (I am joking. I know what you're saying.)

I haven't encountered any bad role players, everyone that I've met so far, have all been good, interesting, awesome characters. I haven't come across a bandit that tried to take my things or harm me. I did however encounter a bandit that was stealing from another person.

I agree that everyone that plays a bandit role, must do what they can to roleplay over ruleplay.

I have never been in the RP servers before, have only played on public servers my friend (new to the community). This is why I'm excited to get in thought. Roleplay before ruleplay is essential in every encounter you make.

Prince    118

Newbies seem to try and rob me all the time with the accuse "I don't trust your accent" they tend to die quickly but they are still annoying.

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa   
Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

> No backpack whatsoever

> have mosin with LRS and a couple rounds

> stupid asshole comes up and initiates

> whips out secret weapon AKA sawed off from Jesus himself

> kills dipshit

> everything is ruined

> RIP asshole

Guest neom   
Guest neom

Being a bandit is just as hard as a hero, it's the people that play it out well that seem to be clustered into the group of drop weps, run North group.

Not all bandits are dicks. I've had some amazing ROLEPLAY as a bandit some of the best but you can't cluster new people as the issue as you are still new to many of us older people.

Darkvern    0

Being a bandit is just as hard as a hero, it's the people that play it out well that seem to be clustered into the group of drop weps, run North group.

Not all bandits are dicks. I've had some amazing ROLEPLAY as a bandit some of the best but you can't cluster new people as the issue as you are still new to many of us older people.

I totally agree with you there. I am newish to the community. *Puts head down and sighs*.

And not all bandits are "dicks". I play with some and enjoy their roleplaying character and skills they bring to the table.

I've also been robbed a few times and on a couple occasions I gave the best rp I could and received AMAZING rp back while being robbed or held captive.

I specified "newer members" due to the fact if you LOOK at the reports of the past few days/weeks it is more the "new people" who are committing these offences.

I know there are older members such as yourself that fudge things from time to time. We are all human after all.

Just hoping to get the attention of some of the newer members to start a discussion or perhaps they may read this thread and think twice about initiating a shitty encounter or seek out ways of creating a better scenario for themselves and their captives.

Cheers

Vandy    34

This is why I havn't went out as a bandit myself. Not only am I'm more into the Hero kind of stuff, but being a bandit gives you allot of responsabilities.

Not only do you need to know the rules very well, you need to abide them as well ofcourse (as anyone else). You also have the responsability to make it an enjoyable experience for the person you are robbing. Doing a silent robbery (talking in ts) within 5 minutes just for the gear a certain player is wearing is just bad roleplay.

So yeah. Think before you act as a bandit...

-snip-

You really need to losen up a bit on the new community members... I mean, everywhere I go and see your name you are talking trash or bad about the new influx of players...

Not all bandits are dicks, but all dicks are bandits.

Zero    452

I mean no offense to anyone, but not a lot of sixteen year olds are very mature, and in my opinion, this is probably the reason we have seen a large influx of "Ten secs, drop your weps." As well as a some rule play over role play scenarios.

Now, I will say, that I have met some very mature, younger gamers, one of my friends being one.. I thought he was seriously around twenty, but he's actually sixteen.

That's why changing the age limit to eighteen is an iffy subject for me, as it's been discussed lately by the community, and I'm oddly conflicted.

Demos    0

to me its kinda funny to have a dumb bandit try and rob me, generally speaking they tunnel vision themselves into a mosin round to the head. I think ive been robed twice that actually got away with it , as they knew what they where doing and had a plane put together, and ive tried robbing people a few times , it sucked i died and was hard as hell to do, so my question is > why do it if you dont have these few things figured out, 1. A plan of how you are going to do it. 2. What your words will be ( Drop to the ground , etc.) 3. An escape plan if something goes wrong. 4. You know someone is close by to help you in case something goes wrong, they will jump in to either revenge or help. 5. (kind of a rule of thumb) if you have second thoughts dont do it, cause even though it is a game you as a person still get nervous and excited, when that happens you make mistakes so it is advised by me to have someone there with you that either knows what they are doing and have done it before or is your mate and can keep you calm and IN CHARACTER!

Thank you~

#CrixAndCheese

MVPig_    0

What are the rules when it comes to defending yourself from being robbed? I've been robbed once and I pretty much just allowed it to happen because I didn't want to get accused of bad RP even though the person robbing me shouted "put your hands up, put your hands up, press f2!" At that point I probably should have just shot the shit out of them because of there poor rp, but I didn't, I continued with the RP, they took my gear, then shot me in the back of the head.. but at what point am I allowed to defend myself? Do I instantly shoot as soon as they initiate robbing me? If I don't within seconds I'll be surrounded and any chance of getting out of it with my possessions intact will be gone or do I raise my weapon with faith that the person robbing me will correctly rp and give me a chance to get out of it IC?

It just seems to me like some people will lose out only because they're trying to roleplay correctly..

Mikachu    26

I think the biggest take away here, is that if you intend to rob someone make sure it has a ton of RP in it. I would recommend not telling your hostage to just "shut up or die". Even if they are spouting out some super soldier bullshit like "If you don't let me go I will kill all of your famly and hunt you down until..uhh death!". If they turn super soldier on you try to roll with the punches. Don't just tell them to shut up or die.

Pretty much this ^

Findlyn    0

Thankfully the handful of experiences i have had(dont get a lot of time to log in, and when I do servers were usually full until recent US 4 went up) were fairly nice RP's except for the one. It was someone doing a bad bandit RP, forcing the issue until i wouldnt co-operate anymore and it ended up with me dead. And in the 30 seconds of waiting to rez was listening to him and his buddy giggle about being cannibals and I was going to be their feast.

Xaeleth    0

So much banditry lately. Glad I'm among the founders of Western Watch- friendly. Bandit hunting. Actions against those who break peoples unaliable rights.

That being said, I often find some people talk to them and RP for a while. They then seem to finally make up their mind and all of a sudden turn bandit. A recent even on the prison island did exactly this. I gave them the last of my water (a true rarity on the island), my last food, ammo, and fire to warm up by. They tell me that there was a loony around here and he is now armed, they wanted me to support them and disarm him as to take out this threat to the rest of the island inhabitants. I talked to this guy, rolling around, talking in a sort of "mickey mouse" voice and eating human flesh. After a short scouting trip of the island, I realize that he must of heard our plans from the bushes or something because he suddenly logged out and wasn't on the server. I played it off with these new friends and told him he must have tried to swim back. He's long gone. I holster my gun and walk back to dry up a bit. They don't holster theirs and proceed to rob me saying "perhaps we were WITH him, now you fucked up mate".

>Help stranger

>Help Stranger

>HELP STRANGER

>robbed by stranger

It's tough to be the good guy.