Server time: 2017-10-22, 15:47
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
MetalMachine

Expiriance with weapons

Question

So hello there!!

Okay so today we are gonna talk about guns and their mags. Okay so when I rp I usually go for feed weapons. That means SKS, Mosin, Shotguns and revolvers. It might be just me but I do not have any luck with other rifles and pistols. If i do however find a pistol it doesn't have a magazine. But when I walk in the land of Cherno I meet all them rambos with Pimped AKs and god knows how many pistols on them. And I'm just there like "Hey look at my shotgun". To be honest i have 130 hours in DayZ and I have neverd fired an AK or any other automatic assult rifle. So one of my questions is where do people get all thoose weapons? Do they just camp the Mili bases for like 5 days in a row.

The second question however is, do you think that mags should be in the guns when they spawn. I mean ammo loot is pretty rare except for shotguns and makarovs. Or do you think it will just make the guns too OP if they will spawn with mags??? Becouse if we take real life for let's say comperison if you find a gun it will most likley have a mag. Even at my home in our gun cabinet there are mags right next to the guns.

Hopefully this isn't a useless thread

Hope you have a nice day!

9 answers to this question

Ghoozov    273

Generally, I'd say it's normal for a gun to have its magazine detached - for safety purposes, while storing it.

Though, they should probably be not too far away from the actual weapon, imho.

Whatever the case, I myself would pick the mosin over an automatic weapon. But that's just me. I'm a decent shot.

The second question however is, do you think that mags should be in the guns when they spawn. I mean ammo loot is pretty rare except for shotguns and makarovs. Or do you think it will just make the guns too OP if they will spawn with mags??? Becouse if we take real life for let's say comperison if you find a gun it will most likley have a mag. Even at my home in our gun cabinet there are mags right next to the guns.

I think it should be randomized. So that you can find gun with mag and then magazine can have ammo inside or not.

Generally, I'd say it's normal for a gun to have its magazine detached - for safety purposes, while storing it.

But there should be guns with magazines attached to it too. For example soldier was firing to the zombie but zombie/s get him and he died and droped gun with half empty/full magazine.

Mikachu    26

I think it should be randomized. So that you can find gun with mag and then magazine can have ammo inside or not.

But there should be guns with magazines attached to it too. For example soldier was firing to the zombie but zombie/s get him and he died and droped gun with half empty/full magazine.

That is how it is :)

just ones with mags are VERY rare

Ghoozov    273

That is how it is :)

just ones with mags are VERY rare

Heh, well I've yet to find one of those. But that's good information to have. I guess I am just not going to be as surprised when I eventually find one.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

I use whatever my character comes across. I am not the type to just run from Mil Base to Mil Base, to pimp out my ak or m4. This server has too many super soldiers :)

Right now I have Mosin, with LRS, and a sawn off shotty. Had a sweet engraved 1911 with clip, but I gave that away to a friend. I pretty much have everything I need. At some point I am sure I will use a AK or M4 but if and only if I come across it in my travels.

Any gun that i get ammo for atm ha

rule one never get attached to gear :P

and yes i think some guns shouls atleat have a mag on spawn empty or loaded I not mind

Right now I have Mosin a sweet engraved 1911 with NO clip

few tins of beer and a shead load of netting

Guest Dovahkiing   
Guest Dovahkiing

People that have that much gear and aks probably killed someone and than took the ak, or found it at a military base. For me its not that hard to get those good guns with the new truck spawns. I would say maybe 1 to two hours max for me to get some good gear. If the server just restarted its a lot easier to find guns. And with the gun spawns and mags, i would say have the guns spawn without mags, but have the mags close by.

Mikachu    26

and /solved