Server time: 2017-10-22, 19:08
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Pender891

I mean... Get something better to do...

Pender891    0

I'm sure we all experienced of people coming in reporting threads that have NOTHING to do with the report just to be annoying.

Someone reports you for unfair robbery and this other guy comes out from nowhere saying "that was abusing of game mechanics" or "pressing f11 to bandage yourself while the animation doesn't work is bad RP"... I mean... Go play the game instead please.

If the guy that reported me didn't say that, why the heck do you have to come in and make the thread longer and more difficoult to read?

It's like you are quarreling with you friend in your house or in his one and a random guy comes in from the door saying "he's right" without knowing what is going on.

Just a funny thing guys, I'm not angry :)

Mikachu    26

People do that because that is somewhat the point. Not everyone knows or spots every single rulebreak so they are simply trying to show you it.

They are not cluttering the report, it's how it is supposed to be (within reason of course).

I would suggest reading what they have to say and taking it onboard instead of being angry they interrupted your report.

Pender891    0

People do that because that is somewhat the point. Not everyone knows or spots every single rulebreak so they are simply trying to show you it.

They are not cluttering the report, it's how it is supposed to be (within reason of course).

I would suggest reading what they have to say and taking it onboard instead of being angry they interrupted your report.

As i said i'm not angry about that, i just find it funny.

Mikachu    26

Why do you find it funny that people point out if you broke the rules?

Tbh that is the wrong kind of attitude to have.

A lot of people spend a lot of time on the forums, not just in report discussions and to me, they care about the community.

Report discussions are open to the community to discuss, its very useful to obtain the opinions of others.

'a random guy comes in from the door saying "he's right" without knowing what is going on.' Well they are discussions and you don't just walk in and say 'he's right', you read the report, the different points of view or help clarify rule breaks or non rule breaks.

You say they have nothing better to do however, you make this thread to, well I don't really know what. What are you trying to achieve with this thread?

Pender891    0

Why do you find it funny that people point out if you broke the rules?

Tbh that is the wrong kind of attitude to have.

I didn't break any rule, i find funny that this guy comes in trying to add fake stuff that don't make sense to the report.

A lot of people spend a lot of time on the forums, not just in report discussions and to me, they care about the community.

Report discussions are open to the community to discuss, its very useful to obtain the opinions of others.

'a random guy comes in from the door saying "he's right" without knowing what is going on.' Well they are discussions and you don't just walk in and say 'he's right', you read the report, the different points of view or help clarify rule breaks or non rule breaks.

You say they have nothing better to do however, you make this thread to, well I don't really know what. What are you trying to achieve with this thread?

I was wondering if someone else had this experience, because as in real life there are people that love to get in a speech JUST to be annoying. Im talking about THOSE.

Prince    119

Why would you make a thread about my posting in a citrin report? I genuinely care about this community and want to see it at its best. I'm sorry if you think I'm "annoying" but I'm trying to help better the communutys standard.

Pender891    0

Well now we can talk without spamming in the report thread, isn't it better? If you think that robbing someone that is in the water is abusing of game mechanics, you should think that robbing someone that is hancuffed is abusing of mechanics as well right? Otherwise it doesn't make any sense.

If someone has broken legs because glitched on a ladder and he ask you to help him you shouldn't help him, because it's abusing of game mechanics.

If a item is glitched inside a car and i press jump on it, i go inside the car, is that abusing of game mechanics?

The thing is that the guy in the thread is cleary your friend, if you want to help him even if he's wrong it's ok, but tell HIM to report me for that as well, i would prefer that.

Thanks

Cedrea    1

Not sure where you want to get with this thread, but you do have one good point which is that spamming the report threads is not helpful.

Certain abuses such as restraining someone while he is doing something(which means he cannot react to that) are valid concerns. If a proper initiation is given and the opportunity is used is not that much of a big deal(still a problem is you ask me, but others might find that ok).

When you report someone, you don't only do it because he broke the rules. It's not fun for that person to be banned and it's not fun to know you ruined someone's day. But without penalties, some people will not rectify their attitude.

When I report someone I do it because I care about the community and I don't want the 'bad' people to ruin it.

Pender891    0

Not sure where you want to get with this thread, but you do have one good point which is that spamming the report threads is not helpful.

Certain abuses such as restraining someone while he is doing something(which means he cannot react to that) are valid concerns. If a proper initiation is given and the opportunity is used is not that much of a big deal(still a problem is you ask me, but others might find that ok).

When you report someone, you don't only do it because he broke the rules. It's not fun for that person to be banned and it's not fun to know you ruined someone's day. But without penalties, some people will not rectify their attitude.

When I report someone I do it because I care about the community and I don't want the 'bad' people to ruin it.

I totally agree with that, but sometimes bad people get helped from their friends trying to save their "ass" (sorry i don't know another word to say that) from a ban. If i can choose to NOT be helped in a thread i would do that. Especially if i was the one involved that had like 5 minutes to think about what he's going to do (talking about initiating the guys in the water).

At least this is my opinion.

Seiceps the Deceiver    309

I see no issue, and I know you made this because of the report against you where several people questioned actions that the original OP did not. A community helps each other and joins discussions. It is how it is.

Grihm    16

You have your opinion as you say, and people are entitled to theirs. That´s why we have the report discussions. The only way you can be left alone is either to not end up in a report or when it´s in formal, so it´s basically up to you.

And what´s amusing about it all is beyond me.

Milos    0

I'm not an advocate of reports being spammed, however, if an outside person has information that is relevant to the particular incident being discussed that may have been overlooked I think that it's very important for that person to contribute to the report.

You have to remember that these reports are made to improve the community that we're all a part of. Even if the third person was not involved in the incident directly but has noticed something within the report he/she is entitled, and I would go as far as to say that they're encouraged, to point it out.

The reason why this community is what it is today it's because we're all looking out for the betterment and enjoyment of this community.

Just my 2 cents.

Pender891    0

The thing is that wasn't relevant at all, if there was a video where he saw cleary what he's accusing me for, i'll take it.

But i'm probably wrong, i'm a guy that loves doing his own business if he's not personally involved in something...

You can close this thread and sorry for the useless conversation, thanks anyway.

Terra    1449

Yeah, better is. Closed