Server time: 2017-10-17, 04:09
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
OmegaTeaos

Whitelist Application Word Count

Question

OmegaTeaos    0

As a preface, I originally intended to hold off on my one mandatory post until i had something to contribute to this forum (keeping in mind the 1 post requirement to maintain an active account) as I normally lurk. As well, I'm not entirely sure where this post should be, so in the event it is in the wrong location my apologies.

I am currently work on my whitelist application and in the course of writing up the various components for it. However in doing so, I misread the 'Required: 500 characters' as 'Required: 500 words,' which is fine. I read somewhere on the forum that most people skimp when explain NLR/KoS and don't fully explain it as a result, and with that thought in mind i continued writing on to meet the '500 word minimum'.

Fast forward to 10 minutes ago when I began to input the information from my word-doc to the respective fields, I discovered there is a character limit of 2000-NLR/4000-KoS and after a cursory search on the forum, isn't mentioned anywhere.

What I am asking is for a recommendation as to what I can do. Should i re-write it or is there some magical other way to deal with the character limit.

You guys probably see a million 'pls help wit whitelist app i am new' posts everyday so I appreciate any help you can spare me in regards to resolving my issue.

4 answers to this question

Ender    628

i hear this all the time people are everywhere going 500 words? thats actually what stopped me from whitelisting back in 2013 cause i thought it was words finally figured out how much of a derp i was after a year

but what i think you should do and congrats for reaching maximum character limit i would not rewrite it but delete a little and try to finish it off before the character limit

side note: i also heard somewhere that the more indepth the whitelist application the faster it'll get accepted so good luck

Mikachu    26

Sadly not, its coded into the app and can only be changed by Rolle (server owner)

I would suggest rewording the app, whilst detail is needed if you have hit 2000 characters I think it's a little too much detail :redpanda:

/solved

OmegaTeaos    0

Haha, I figured no one wanted to read my essay. Anyways, thanks for the response; I guess I'm going to spend some time chopping up what I have and trying to make sense of it.

Perhaps as a suggestion, a written notice of the character limits could be put it to prevent others in the future from making the same mistake.

Rolle    2926

No way to extend it, it's set by the maximum table size in the database :) Very few people ever reach it so I'd say it's enough. If you want to post more - create a thread in the story forums :)