Server time: 2017-10-21, 01:16
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
TjTragic

Application rejected

Question

TjTragic    0

I just wanted to see if you guys could check out my application and let me know what you think. I would love helpful criticism. I got rejected for the following reason "You have failed to or incorrectly explained the KoS rule about group KoS rights sharing." Quick question, could I have other things wrong with my app other then the KoS stuff. For example they found the KoS error and stopped reading and rejected it. Which would mean my background story isn't good enough? Sorry for the length:) Thanks tons!

What is NLR? NLR is when you die and are not allowed to go back to the area within 1 km for at least 90 minutes. (Example: Chris gets murdered by James in Cherno. Chris returns to Cherno immediately and hunts James down. You are breaking NLR.) You do not remember memories about the event of your death. When you die memories before that event such as group, friends, and enemies are kept. (Chris meets Zachary two hours before he is murdered by James. Chris re-spawns and will still remember Zachary.) If you die to a glitch consult with a staff member if possible whether or not it is acceptable to return to the location of your death. You do not want to break NLR so here are some things that should NEVER be done. Do not return to the death scene and loot your dead body or any body's of people involved. If the server happens to restart your 90 minute NLR timer is not affected.(Chris is murdered by James. The server restarts ten minutes after Chris re-spawns, Chris joins back into the server immediately and returns to the death scene.) Never announce to anyone when you die about information involving the incident.(Chris is in teamspeak with 2 other friends and gets murdered by James. Chris tells him friends in teamspeak who, where, and how he died. Chris now has broken NLR rule.) If you get killed and find the group that killed you do not take revenge for what happened before you died.

What is KoS? KoS means Killing on Sight.(Example: Chris sees James running in a field and immediately opens fire on him. This results in James being murdered. DO NOT DO THIS) Survival games have been cursed with this especially Dayz Standalone. This doesn't mean there wont be any action or pvp with the NO KoS rule. Here are the rules on when you can kill someone. You must make contact with the other player before beginning in a hostile action. Contact is confirmed when the player has responded to or made it known of your message. You have to let the other player know that you are committing a hostile action that might result in consequences if he/she doesn't comply. You can take revenge on someone for up to two hours from the time he/she commits a hostile action. Do not take revenge if it conflicts with the other rules. If you are a bandit you must try to do everything to keep your victims alive and in decent shape. Bandits can only murder there victims if they do not comply or if they are a threat to the bandits. You can harm each other if it fits into the role-play scenario sense you must leave the victim alive. They should be left with a decent chance of survival. If you have engaged in hostile actions with someone but they get away and you see them again but are not sure if its them play it safe and hold your fire. If you are going to interact with a vehicle you are required to use both voice and text chat to avoid misunderstanding. The sound of the engine is very loud. If you leave the game because of OOC circumstances, and return to the game you lose all previously acquired KoS or revenge rights. When returning to the game change skins or hide your identity. Never kill anyone if they are complying with your requests, and also do not set it up so you can have KoS rights on someone. Such as baiting other players.(Example: Having your vehicle in the open waiting for a thief to show up.)

Thane Jax was just a simple teenage boy that grew in South Carolina. He was raised on a farm so was especially good at growing and harvesting crops. Thane would go to school from 7am-3pm, then return straight to the farm. The weekends would be especially fun for him because he could do his favorite thing of all, shoot guns with his dad. Thane had his very own Mosin Nagant sniper rifle. He loved this thing to pieces and wouldn't let anyone touch it. Thane Jax was heading down a very rough path when he met a boy named Alex Fredington. Alex got Thane in to all kinds of trouble involving drugs. Thane didn't just do the drugs but worst started to sell the drugs. Thane was a lower class boy that didn't have much money. He found dealing drugs to be very profitable. What he didn't know was that how much his drug dealing would effect him and his family. Thane woke up one morning hearing screaming and yelling. He jumped out of bed as he saw three armed men in black suits in his living room. He recognized one of them. Jimmy Green one of the biggest drug dealers in south Carolina. Thane has owed Jimmy $50,000 for 6 months now. The armed men tied up Thane, his mother and father then put them on a helicopter out front. One of the men was coming out of the house with Thanes Mosin, his heart broke. They took off into the air having no idea if they would be alive the next day. The family exchanged a I love you to one another as the helicopter began to beep rapidly. Then men yelled were out of gas! Jimmy and the armed men put on a parachute and leaped out of the helicopter. The family was drenched in fear. Thane quickly got his hands untied from the rope and found a parachute. He began to cry as he realized that he picked up the last parachute. His father looked into his eyes and told him to jump now and don't look back. Thane didn't want it to end like this but he grabbed him Mosin and leaped out. He then woke up the next morning soaked washed up on a beach. Thane thought to him self that he must have passed out when he jumped. He stood up and out of the corner of his eye saw the blown up helicopter in the distance. Thane has never ran so fast in his life. When he got to the crash it was nothing but smokes and flames. His parents were no where in sight. Thanes only mission now was to find Jimmy and end him!

My name is Taylor. I was born in Olean, New York but shorty moved down south. Half of my family still lives up there though. I was actually born on my brothers birthday January 29, 1999. He was turning 5 at the time. I use a blue snowball for a mic. I live a average life and enjoy to play video games and hang out with friends. My main thing I love to do every single day is make people happy. If its just being there for them in a hard time or going and giving a homeless guy $30. That is my passion and I hope my career in the future has to do with helping people. I love survival games and the whole aspect of role playing. Going around killing people is NO where near as fun as talking to people and making up crazy stories. Ive played a good amount of Arma 3 altis life role playing. It is so much fun and I think Role playing plus Dayz would be incredible. When I played on altis life i played a lot as a cop as well which was really fun learning all the rules and stuff for being a cop in game.

8 answers to this question

Carl    1

Seems to me that the only thing you're missing is exactly what the error message stated. You didn't explain the KoS sharing rights. Check the KoS rules again, and read over the bulleted info.

I read most of it, and yeah, your only problem seems to be what they stated. I suggest you read the rules again and talk a bit more about sharing ( give examples, they love that). I also advise you to read everything on this link as it helped me a lot, as I had exactpy the same problem as you: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-rules-clarification-kos-sharing-and-baiting. If you need to know anything else, feel free to PM me or go on the community's teamspeak channel. Also, don't worry about your character's story and your own, they're more than good enough. If you want some extra help, I might be capable of giving you some tips so just send me a PM (private message, some people don't know what it means). Well, I wish you good luck and hope to meet you soon in game!

Teas    1

Looks good to me, just add the part you're missing reference kos sharing, be careful in your wording as people trip themselves up with this more often than you might think.

You can always post on here what you have improved before sending it in, just to let someone have a look-see before you post another application.

Kanye    14

Minor grammatical mistakes like missing pronouns and such, otherwise, just to up your rule explanations.

Demos    0

it took me 6 hours to write my entire application , i wrote a long summary of all the rules and gave an example of how each of them is used correctly and incorrectly. After i finished , and made sure my spelling errors where fixed, i submitted my application and within 20mins i was whitelisted. The more effort you put in is the quicker you will play.

Mikachu    26

/solved

:redpanda: