Server time: 2017-10-22, 15:36
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
tymaishu13

Reporting Rule Breakers?

Question

tymaishu13    0

So I know if I have the in game name of the person who broke a rule I can report them in the report discussion forum, but what if I don't have the person's name?

For instance, just a few minutes ago I was doing my rounds around the prison island (Roleplaying a police officer) and I see a guy in the guards quarters. He asks if I'm friendly and I tell him I am a cop, I'm friendly to good people. I then tell him he is out of bounds and needs to return to the cell quarters or front, and that the guards quarters are for guards and police personnel only. So instead of RP, or trying to hold me up, he just aims at me with his AK and mows into me until I am dead. I'm sure this person was breaking more than just the KoS rule, seemed like he was trying to abuse servers for loot too.

I HATE people that play on this server with no intent to RP. It just doesn't make any sense!

So I was wondering, is there any way we can track these people? Are there logs in the game yet, and if so how do I contact someone to pull a log to find out who was the person who did the KoS or broke other rules.

8 answers to this question

Revilo    7

Definitely report this, even if you dont have his name or his description. if you feel he has violated the rules (Which it seems he clearly has) you should put up a discussion about it.

the logs can show who killed you, if you provide the date and time of the incident, (i think) but as i said before you should report this regardless

Vapor    0

You would go to the report forum and feel out the report form that is provided. You give them every detail about what happened and what time it happened.

We have logs now, so there is a good chance that they will find the person who did it.

It you have enough evidence then the admins will remove this person after both parties have provided both sides of the story.

So please do make a report and get rid of this scum, we don't need people that don't want to follow the rules and just want to ruin everyone's good time.

Yokai    0

Logs. Please report and try to get the server time. Admins will find it and hopefully this guy will be banned.

SomeWeirdAssGuy    287

We now have logs, if you provide a time frame for your incident, staff will be able to pinpoint the culprit.

tymaishu13    0

Thank you all for the answers, I will try to remmber the time as close to the event as possible and report it now.

Teas    1

Yeah, any incidents like that need to be reported. Those are the sorts of people who don't belong on DayZRP. Without evidence of a video or screenshot, describe the person: weapons, clothing, location, server time then put up a thread in the report discussion.

Even after the fact grab a screenshot of the player list at the time for process of elimination. Any detail you remember that may seem trivial and we can do our best to track that individual down for a swift punishment.

tymaishu13    0

Yeah, any incidents like that need to be reported. Those are the sorts of people who don't belong on DayZRP. Without evidence of a video or screenshot, describe the person: weapons, clothing, location, server time then put up a thread in the report discussion.

Even after the fact grab a screenshot of the player list at the time for process of elimination. Any detail you remember that may seem trivial and we can do our best to track that individual down for a swift punishment.

I just posted a report a little while ago. I don't remember what the guy looked like, I believe gorka gear and maybe a helmet. I got a screenshot of the player list that I can upload. Thankfully there were only myself at a handful of other players, so the elimination process shouldn't be too difficult.

I'll go back and post the screenshot.

Mikachu    26

/solving

as Teas rightly said - report, try to record and if in doubt, always make a report. It harms no one to discuss it.