Server time: 2017-10-19, 07:19
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Mathematics

Starvation or Suicide: Your Decision

Mathematics    0

So, far from any towns, apple trees, and animals, I found myself dying of starvation and thirst, lost as I was. Fully geared with an SKS and 50 rounds, a 1911 with 20 rounds, and various high-end gear, I found myself wondering: Should I let my character simply die or starvation and thirst, or put him out of his misery?

Then I thought: If I was put in that situation, where it was a slow, prolonged death or a quick one by my hand, which would I choose? It led me to the decision I made.

Suicide, a single round through the head.

What would you choose?

On a less serious note, here's some music.

[video=youtube]

Vapor    0

I would keep going until I am unable to go any further. I would suffer, to try and survive.

Revilo    7

I'd shoot that shit in the air and hope someone comes to your aid, if not save that last bullet and then use it on myself after a little while of waiting

Buddy    1065

i would push as far as my body could take me! suicide is not an option!!

Pussy    378

Interesting point. I think it depends on your character's view on life. Flight or fight and all that jazz. I know that I would push my character until she fainted from starvation, but maybe that's because I'm twisted c:

Subso    0

Go til the point I am to weak to walk and then suicide if I know I am going to die

Just because I simply would never be able to kill myself when there is hope.

Guest bobman235   
Guest bobman235

suicide. I don't want to suffer.

Guest Lairz   
Guest Lairz

I would probably shoot bullets off into the air... if all else fails..play some soothing music in your head... let it all go with the final bullet

Kanye    14

If we are talking the game, walking in any direction will eventually bring you somewhere.

IRL, go until I can't, then take the easy way out.

Centurion    8

I built a mindset that i would never give up no matter what the challenge. I would live and be suffering then give up and die.

Pussy    378

Also, you've got yourself a pretty different community from the normal servers. You have a much higher chance of running into someone that would be willing to help you and give you even a couple cans of something or other. I'd definitely fight and try to rely on the help of others if I was having absolutely no luck finding food. Either that or spam an apple orchard ;p

Back2Murder    0

It's a rather tricky choice, in game I would definetly keep going as long as I could and hope I could find some food in time. In reality... I have absolutely no idea. It's a situation that's hard to imagine.

Ghoozovich    268

Both in game and irl, I wouldn't kill myself. I don't like the coward's way out.

I would continue on for as long as it is humanly possible, because if I feel pain and I am suffering, that means that I am still alive. And where there is life, there is hope.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Scavenge until you get food. You're bound to find it.

Frisia    8

Eat Grass and Insects and Moo.

I once ate poison berry's to prevent starvation, i survived it.

Sin    127

Have you ever been close to death irl? I know my choice. No question that I'd keep going.

Well, DayZ's starvation's not realistic for several reasons, so...

In real life, I'd choose starvation only because there's the chance I'll find food while I can still move, and I'd still want to live for as long as possible.

In real life, it takes weeks to die of starvation, and even if you find food, if you've gone a week without eating, scarfing down what you do find can still kill you due to refeeding syndrome.

sirbasham    0

Going along with how i see my characters viewpoint, I would keep pushing on and trying to survive for as long as i can, not giving up.

You should have hope, Keep trying.

Destinwolf    13

This reminds me of a movie I watched recently called All Is Lost. It's a great film and really nails this topic on the head. I believe I would push forward until the very end, because after you kill yourself, you will never know what could have happened if you had just held on a little longer. I do recommend watching this flick. I really enjoyed it.

Mathematics    0

This reminds me of a movie I watched recently called All Is Lost. It's a great film and really nails this topic on the head. I believe I would push forward until the very end, because after you kill yourself, you will never know what could have happened if you had just held on a little longer. I do recommend watching this flick. I really enjoyed it.

I just might.

Davos    5

Keep going honestly. Besides if you fire that rifle in the air, bandits are going to come out of the woodwork, and might just save your life for that fancy gear of yours.

In game, I killed 7+ zombies with a rifle, had maybe two rounds left, crawled my arse out of town, deep into the woods, while bleeding until I was far enough away and felt safe for me to craft a splint, bandage myself, and eat and drink till I was well enough to travel.

When you come out of those kind of situations on top, you tend to feel like a bad ass, which is almost as satisfying as walking away from good rp and not being shot or robbed.

Man up get on with it Ha oh heck its gone black now I not have the energy to shoot myself in head

And a stubbed toe n broken leg!!

Its odd that people can eat you but you cant its like your sitting on your own lap eh

Naz    19

I'd like to think I'd keep going. But I cannot say until I'm in such a situation.