Server time: 2017-08-23, 12:06

Sign in to follow this  
TheFriendlySheep

Microphone not working

Question

So I'm brand new to the DayzRP community, and I'm very self-conscious about my actions so far because I really don't want to violate any rules. So I've noticed that my microphone works in game sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't. I know a working microphone is required to play in DayzRP, so I'm currently not playing right now due to it's lack of functionality.I assumed my microphone worked because I used it several times on Skype and friends can hear me fine, but it appears nobody can hear me on Dayz. This I guess is also a 'troubleshoot' in away, but what should I do? If people can hear me sometimes can I still play? Or should I stay off servers until I get a definite working microphone?

11 answers to this question

You can still play even if you're microphone doesn't. You can always text RP. So, you're fine. :)

If you want to voice RP you should look into getting a new mic.

Seether    0

You don't need the microphone to play, it is optional to interact with other players, but it's actually much easier to roleplay using the microphone, And it's kinda hard to type whilst trying to play :P

Also make sure that Your using the direct communication channel in the game, You can scroll thro the options using the fullstop and comma key on your keyboard

Brad    155

So I'm brand new to the DayzRP community, and I'm very self-conscious about my actions so far because I really don't want to violate any rules. So I've noticed that my microphone works in game sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't. I know a working microphone is required to play in DayzRP, so I'm currently not playing right now due to it's lack of functionality.I assumed my microphone worked because I used it several times on Skype and friends can hear me fine, but it appears nobody can hear me on Dayz. This I guess is also a 'troubleshoot' in away, but what should I do? If people can hear me sometimes can I still play? Or should I stay off servers until I get a definite working microphone?

In your steam settings (Steam-Settings-Voice) check and make sure the correct microphone is selected, anmd then adjust the levels. It also lets you test your microphone to see if it's registering and how high it's getting.

Buddy    860

some of the best RP'ers ive encountered only communicated through text :) they can be much more immersive in a sense with the way they write out each motion / feeling / reaction in encounters.

remember though!! whenever you approach someone and greet them via text, still introduce yourself so they know your name from you telling others, rather than others just knowing who you are from seeing you text chat. :)

Ark    202

You don't have to gave a microphone to play DayZRP. There are many community members who stick to text RP. As for your microphone issue I had the same problem when I first joined it would work fine in teamspeak but sometimes in game it just wouldn't work. The only way I got it to work when it stopped working in game was to completely restart the game, unfortunately I never found a permanent fix for it and I ended up buying a new headset.

Did this answer your question or would you like this to remain unsolved until a permanent fix for your microphone is found?

Tamaster92    14

Also make sure your mic is set as the system default as DayZ draws from there

You don't have to gave a microphone to play DayZRP. There are many community members who stick to text RP. As for your microphone issue I had the same problem when I first joined it would work fine in teamspeak but sometimes in game it just wouldn't work. The only way I got it to work when it stopped working in game was to completely restart the game, unfortunately I never found a permanent fix for it and I ended up buying a new headset.

Did this answer your question or would you like this to remain unsolved until a permanent fix for your microphone is found?

Hey! Sorry couldn't reply earlier. Yes my microphone is working just fine now! I'm not gonna lie here, but Im guessing the last time I used my microphone in Skype I muted myself. Stupid on my part, but thankyou for the clarification about text rp!

I'll go ahead and mark this as solved as it seems your issue has been fixed.