Server time: 2017-08-20, 08:05

Sign in to follow this  
Eagle

Character Emotions

Eagle    344

Have you ever been so in to your actions that your character is doing that you feel the emotions that are going on in the the situation such as anger sadness or remorse for what you have done .

For the first time in a long time i felt like i was actually the survivor not sure if that's a good sign or not, but i loved it either way feeling like my character was turning in to a killer over a kill that i had just committed i shed a tear in real life and felt really sad for what i had done even went withe my friend in to a closed room to talk it over and calm ourselves down in game of course .

I have never been this sad over a single kill any one else had this?

Rifleman    14

Been sad over a kill? No, not yet.

However, when one of my character's closest friends committed suicide I had him break down into tears and had him pour his heart out on the whole sorry affair. For a character like mine, people tend to expect to see a strong, proud military leader - and what they got was precisely the opposite. It is honestly a wired yet humbling feeling if you manage to pull off something like that In Game, and it can quite easily spin off into some really deep Roleplaying levels.

Subso    0

Maybe its because english is not my motherlanguage, maybe its just because I didnt came into such a Situation... but I have never been sad because something happend in the Game. To be fair - I never had a very sad situation.

But I had happy ones, where I felt the spring of hope in my character, felt the way he was thinking and forgot a bit that its not me standing there - talking.

I had a very sad moment some years ago in a diffrent game, in a diffrent RP-Community. That left a mark on me.

Pussy    311

I've had a couple of moments where I have cried real life tears over interactions between my character and my allies. We'll be role playing and something really intense will happen and it's tough not to get so caught up in the game and your character when you've put so much time and effort into them.

It's one of the reasons that I love this community so much c:

I try to feel emotions when I am playing. I try to make myself believe that I am actually in Chernarus and I am actually trying to survive.

I close my door to my and turn off all other sounds that may interfere with my roleplay. I close my lights and turn on a dim one, so my focus is on the screen.

I like to think of playing DayZRP as being in a movie, I try to give my best performance and I try excel in the story and I try to portray my character as flawlessly as possible. When I do this, I usually give into the moments in I feel fear, happiness, sadness, anger, and all of this makes my roleplaying better.

So, yes. I do have emotional feelings when playing. Some may say I am taking it seriously, sure, you can say that. I say I am making everyone else's experience better and I am improving our roleplay together.

Eagle    344
-snip-

awsome man never met some one so dedicated to his rp keep it up mate.

i think i got so carried away in my Character because he is about 1 and half month old and just now i interacted withe people and got a really good role playing scenario out off it,i think that i got so cough up in the whole scene since my Character does not like killing in any way but pushed by the man in front who cursed my friends names he pulls the trigger after the anger and adrenaline had fated away he realised what he had done gone from being a civil man man in to a killer.

and good to see people feel the same way i have never had this much in depth rp in my life properly because i have never been apart off a real rp community just arma 3 once their a joke compared to this one and i love the change hopefully i have more encounters like the's even the whole scenario it self took almost a hour just deciding what shut be done to the man.

SatansNightOut    105

6ssvuc.jpg

Based on in-game interactions.

The feelz were realz. xD

NishiUrban    79

I've had a couple of moments where I have cried real life tears over interactions between my character and my allies. We'll be role playing and something really intense will happen and it's tough not to get so caught up in the game and your character when you've put so much time and effort into them.

Those feels Bonnie...those feels...

But yeah, of course.

6ssvuc.jpg

Based on in-game interactions.

The feelz were realz. xD

Never forget.

I gotta PM you with an idea I have aswell.

Krullin    0

I try to connect with my character as much as I can. My room is in my garage so there's no real outside sound to distract me, and I even cosplayd him a while back when I was playing just to get the feel for how he moves. I once even went as far as eating nothing but raw canned baked beans, though I did that mostly out of curiosity.

I use a cheep psychological trick I learned in psyche class, when my character runs I try to match my breathing to his to feel as if I'm the one exhausting myself, and after a while it comes naturally. It actually works fairly well to immerse you. Method acting is a little extreme, but I think it's really fun.

I'm connected too much with my character. This is why role playing the bad guy will be a challenge for me. But maybe i will try it some day.

Eagle    344

I try to connect with my character as much as I can. My room is in my garage so there's no real outside sound to distract me, and I even cosplayd him a while back when I was playing just to get the feel for how he moves. I once even went as far as eating nothing but raw canned baked beans, though I did that mostly out of curiosity.

I use a cheep psychological trick I learned in psyche class, when my character runs I try to match my breathing to his to feel as if I'm the one exhausting myself, and after a while it comes naturally. It actually works fairly well to immerse you. Method acting is a little extreme, but I think it's really fun.

The dedication i praise you o7

Another thing glad to see people from Iceland thought i was the only one :)

Krullin    0

The dedication i praise you o7

Another thing glad to see people from Iceland thought i was the only one :)

Thank you, appreciate it.

And I WAS the only one until you came around >:C

jkjk wuw u vinur

Joffrey    718

I find myself disassociated with my character most of the time. IRL I don't cut people or stabb my hand or ask people to punch me in the face.

Occasionally however when a ceremony goes wrong and a follower/hostage dies I feel bad when the person dies. "Noo! God damnit! I'm sorry *Insert name here*!!!" in TS

Ami.Knight    9

So far the main feeling that flows from my character to me, Is how my stomach sinks and I start feeling sick when someone tells me to put my hands up. Hands will be shaking for 10 minutes after trying to recover from that.

Pussy    311

I find myself disassociated with my character most of the time. IRL I don't cut people or stabb my hand or ask people to punch me in the face.

Occasionally however when a ceremony goes wrong and a follower/hostage dies I feel bad when the person dies. "Noo! God damnit! I'm sorry *Insert name here*!!!" in TS

I'm relieved to hear that, lol :P

Those feels Bonnie...those feels...

But yeah, of course.

Jade makes me feel all the feels.

Guest Senna1337   
Guest Senna1337

Yeah of course i created a Bond to my little Connor, had some great RP today with some Lads on Green Mountain were we took some Fist Fights too far and attacked eachother with Knifes, i absolutely bludgeoned my Opponent and he ended up Dying after bleeding out like a Pig mid-fight.

I actually felt extremely guilty and got sad and wanted to actually try and commit suicide, but i was handcuffed and talked out of it. but his Friend/Brother got the Right to decide my Fate, so as i was trying to talk my Way (even literally crying) my Way out of the Situation he shot me mid-sentence. i still listened on while im on the You are Dead Screen and actually had STRONG Thoughts about making this an perma-Death. but decided againt it since Connor is still a VERY EARLY Character

Now he is an Amnesiac and has to recollect what happened to him and what his Name is etc.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade
jgqrf4.gif

Sin    114

Have you ever been so in to your actions that your character is doing that you feel the emotions that are going on in the the situation such as anger sadness or remorse for what you have done .

This is exactly what Rocket was going for when he developed this game.

Congratulations, you have just won DayZ.