Server time: 2017-08-18, 20:21

Sign in to follow this  
purplesatan

My First Robbery

purplesatan    1

My buddy and I decided it was time for our first robbery. So we picked our victim from a group of guys at Green Mountain. This is how it played out. I hope you enjoy :)

[video=youtube]

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

>Tells him to drop his stuff

>Takes his stuff

>Shushes him when he tries to talk

>Tells him to run back to GM after taking his gun and mask

>Tells him to drop his stuff

>Takes his stuff

>Shushes him when he tries to talk

>Tells him to run back to GM after taking his gun and mask

It's his first time doing a robbery, I remember my first time was so much worse than this. I barely spoke to my victim. This robbery actually had some RP in it, even if it was quick, it wasn't terrible.

Just some tips though purplesatan;

- Try and RP with the victim more instead of the "shhing" (Makes it more enjoyable for the victim)

- Don't stay quiet while scanning the gear, it looks bad

For a guy who showed no sign of complying I would say it wasn't too bad, I'm sure in the future your robberies will have a more fleshed out reasoning behind it :thumbsup:

Darkvern    0

Hmm.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. The video was great but rp wasn't really present.

If you are very new to the community I suggest you learn the ropes of rp before attempting to rob someone.

If you robbed me with that style of robbery I'd be upset to say the least. I was literally wiped clean the other day from 2 men but in returned I was taken hostage and had some pretty indepth rp back and forth with the bandits.

Take all the shiny things without any real roleplay other the the usual words.

Wait until you get robbed by the many large groups that roam these woods and then you'll see what I'm talking about.

Cheers and welcome to Chernarus

Edit: Like mentioned below I was very impressed on how you didn't just shoot the non compliant hostage.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

It's his first time doing a robbery, I remember my first time was so much worse than this. I barely spoke to my victim. This robbery actually had some RP in it, even if it was quick, it wasn't terrible.

I know, just seemed a little textbook.

@ Purplesatan, when he tried to kill you guys, the RP there was pretty good, but try to do some more in your initial robbery. A lot of people might frown upon you if you don't. :)

I know, just seemed a little textbook.

In many things you always do the exercises from the textbook before going onto expanding your knowledge :)

--

I do agree though, I was impressed how you didn't just kill him after he attempted to kill you and you RP'd it well

Dégolas    0

seriously speaking one teamspeak with your friend before the action ? It completely ruin the RP session, isn't it metagaming ?

ObeSpartan    0

Well my friend...

for myself i am not a big fan of robbery...

But what i know is, if you are really interested to rob more ppl, and like become one of the famous robbery-guys..then you have to improve...

Darkvern    0

seriously speaking one teamspeak with your friend before the action ? It completely ruin the RP session, isn't it metagaming ?

You are allowed to use TS. It is not wise (many do which if fine) to use teamspeak during a situation as it has a tendency to take away from the overall situation/experience especially for the hostage(s).

cheers

Brad    155

arrrgh, the NVFL by the guy with the axe was pretty awful. (Not to mention if he snuck up and tried to attack after the restart)

I did like your character though, seemed like a dude I'd remember if I met him.

You guys were a little "Gear Happy" though ;)

Dégolas    0

You are allowed to use TS. It is not wise (many do which if fine) to use teamspeak during a situation as it has a tendency to take away from the overall situation/experience especially for the hostage(s).

cheers

I joined not few days ago so i had to read carefully the rules, and actually it is a metagaming situation, wich is punishable, however it tend to be tolerated, but it ruin totally the immersion... "Metagaming is a broad term generally used to define any strategy, action or method used in a game which transcends a prescribed ruleset, uses external factors to affect the game or goes beyond the supposed limits or environment set by the game. Metagaming is when a player receives information that they otherwise should not have received in any reasonable role-play way." here are the rules about metagaming, and in the examples there is the sentence "Using information posted on the forums, acquired in TeamSpeak or any other similar way to your advantage." so technically it is a reportable attitude

I will not report it since the OP is new here, but definitly stop using Teamspeak alone in the game, or if you do so use "push to talk" button and use the same assignement that you use in the game

purplesatan    1

Thanks everyone for the constructive criticism. I now see some things that I could do better in this type of situation. I will work on improving my RP skills to make the experience more enjoyable for both parties. If anyone has any more tips I would love to hear them :D

Hmm.

I liked it the second part was the better half but I'm not sure how I feel about it. The video was great but rp wasn't really present. Hey friend follow us to point X and rob him

I suggest you learn the ropes of rp before attempting to rob someone.

Be bit edgy talk to him more what you doing why you take his stuff say funny one liners n all was good

But he my friend had his guard down for a reason felt safe or new like me, but that in mind you not realy know anyone apart from the guy who you roll with so in all was great

But If you robbed me with that style of robbery I'd be like oh well bit mad tbh I would have come for you to

but the second part Id be like Ahhhhhhhh ok man got me fair n square now as on more interaction