Server time: 2017-10-22, 18:58
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Buglet

Apocalyptic Literature

Buglet    0

I love reading, and I'm guessing a lot of people here do too, so I was wondering if anyone here can suggest some good apocalyptic novels or short stories?

My favourites are The Road by McCarthy, Heart of Darkness by Conrad, and (to an extent, not really apocalyptic) House of Leaves by Danielewski! I recommend all of the, in a heartbeat.

Grihm    16

I love reading, and I'm guessing a lot of people here do too, so I was wondering if anyone here can suggest some good apocalyptic novels or short stories?

My favourites are The Road by McCarthy, Heart of Darkness by Conrad, and (to an extent, not really apocalyptic) House of Leaves by Danielewski! I recommend all of the, in a heartbeat.

DJ Molles series The Remaining.

It´s a must read and even for people that don´t read a lot. It´s easy to get into and very realistic IMO. It´s superb.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Remaining-D-J-Molles/dp/0316404152

Caeldon    1

You've already mentioned The Road, so I don't think it gets much better than that.

Perhaps The Stand by Stephen King. or the Strain trilogy (The books that the TV show the Strain is based from), doesn't really become Apocalyptic until the second book though.