Server time: 2017-08-16, 23:53

Sign in to follow this  
Rokos

Persistence?

Rokos    0

Just looking for some community input on if you all would like to see persistence added to these servers. Personally, I'd love to be able to set up a little tent base somewhere which would give me something more to work towards. Why would you like to see it added? Why wouldn't you like to see it added? Thanks in advance for all of your feedback!

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

I don't want it back because I don't want to sit at an apple tree for 15 minutes pressing F.

sit at an apple tree for 15 minutes pressing F.

Ahh, good times. Can't wait crawl back to my favorite orchard.

I liked Persistence because I got use to it, originally k didn't very much like it from the start. I think later on when more stuff is fixed we should implement Persistence on the servers, but as it is now we should just keep it the way it is.

Chris    61

Plan at the mment is to turn on persistance with .54 patch, assuming that its fixed, of course.

When it's fixed then sure

Yokai    0

I think we should at least test it ... testing it for one day on one server doesn't do any harm. Maybe it's fixed in .53, seeing as every other server has it enabled.

Dax    116

Persistence WILL be turned back on as soon as it is fixed to a suitable level. At the moment it does cause server instability after some time (This is one of the reasons we were experiencing a lot of crashes before it was turned off). Since it has been disabled the servers have remained on average 40%-50% more stable than previously.

Rokos    0

havn't we already had a topic like this which is the reason persistence is off in the first place

Maybe, but I'm fairly new to the community and I didn't see another thread about it. I like the idea even with the points brought up about food. It'd give me a reason to actually go out and hunt for my food.

Guest neom   
Guest neom

The server is running so much better without it so why put it back on untill it works

Rokos    0

Persistence WILL be turned back on as soon as it is fixed to a suitable level. At the moment it does cause server instability after some time (This is one of the reasons we were experiencing a lot of crashes before it was turned off). Since it has been disabled the servers have remained on average 40%-50% more stable than previously.

Server stability is important, yes. But would it hurt to test the feature one one of the servers like Yokai said? After looking around, most other servers have it turned on with the current patch and it seems to be working well enough. Just a thought. I won't trip either way.

Zero    276

> Community Tab

> Search function

> Type in "Persistence"

> Find out there are already other threads discussing this

Side note, unless you can enable loot respawns or adjust those in a menu, I would rather keep it gone.

Ender    498

havn't we already had a topic like this which is the reason persistence is off in the first place

Maybe, but I'm fairly new to the community and I didn't see another thread about it. I like the idea even with the points brought up about food. It'd give me a reason to actually go out and hunt for my food.

Yeah definitly persistence has only been off for about a month now but the weekly persistence wipes don't seem to make it worth it having it enabled sure you can have a tent for 7 days if its not found but at the end of the weeks dat shits gone then the constent empty cities and the wacked out mass loot at veresnik and other military AND the helicopter crash sites being bugged to where they dont spawn the wrecks its theres just alot more to dayZ than persistence has to offer

Gina    26

If everything goes well, they are planning for full persistence implementation in 0.54 patch, and there won't be even a choice to turn it off anymore. Not sure if that will be the case yet in next patch though.

Guest bobman235   
Guest bobman235

yey man I want to set up camps as well

Subso    0

When should the new update come?

I would vote for yes - persistence is good if it would not cause crashing.

Pirate    2

Oh please dont couldnt they take a look at the bugs before adding more shit in game please DayZ

Buddy    825

Persistence will return, and I am anxiously waiting :)

Subso    0

Oh please dont couldnt they take a look at the bugs before adding more shit in game please DayZ

Alpha = Adding Time for the most of the content and fixing a bit

Beta = Fixing the content and adding just a bit.

I think it works that way :)

Destinwolf    13

I only want persistence back when it's ready. I can't wait to actually have a place to call "home" where my garden patch, fireplace, and tent will be at.

KpopKilla    64

Game feels way too easy without it. Personally I haven't noticed any major improvements since it has been turned off.

Jetwells    242

My two cents on this is that i never had the trouble of finding loot on persistence servers when i used to play pub. I think the major reason that people were finding loot hard to find is because of the way the loot cycles and the fact people stay in the same places. Cherno, Electro, Berezino, Vybor, The airfields. I always took a nice walk through the countryside and came to small towns filled with gear as noone ever went there.

I think it was down to lazy people. Not on this server specifically as it is a RP server and i bet alot of you do go far and wide. But on pubs people complained as they couldnt be bothered to run to different locations and wanted to be fully geared in 30 minutes to be able to kill people.