Server time: 2017-08-19, 05:43

Sign in to follow this  
Vaine

Feedback on Blackwood Militia

Vaine    23

Hello folks.

I am posting this hoping that the community can chime in and give us some feedback.

I am looking to find out what you like/enjoy about us, And also to find out if there is something we are doing bad or could improve on some.

Short summary

Blackwood started out as suvivor's. Due to bad treatment and being forced from their home (all happened ingame) they done what they thought best to survive. Train and become a militia.As time goes on blackwood has slowly been trying to get worse and worse with how we treat people due to their own hard experiences. The actual plan that we have tried to go for is giving the fear factor ingame for your character. That if they get on the wrong side of blackwood it will end bad for them. This ofcourse is all incharacter.

We actually when robbing try to take very little so as to not have you feeling like you have been cleaned out and lost your last 10+ hours of surviving. To help with this we have strict rules on taking items, I will not go into details on it tho.

Some feel we perhaps leave them too well off and it makes the thought of being robbed by us ''Pointless'' because they only loose a couple of items. Perhaps you could comment on this ?

We try our best to bring the ''fear factor'' to your gameplay.. The worry of meeting Blackwood and being tortured/robbed/branded.

Anyhoo there is more planned for blackwood, but before we carry on and start bringing more potential RP to our way , id like to get feedback on how people feel with our current ways. Best to make sure all is well before adding more.

I ask for serious feedback here. I do not want to hear '' you robbed me of my ak so i hate you'',We are bandits, not your local police force. I ask you reply to this properly to help me know what we do right and wrong and perhaps make our presence on the server more enjoyable.

Not sure what question's to ask so il just go with this but feel free to chime in with anything else that iv missed

Please copy the Question followed by the answer for each so it makes it more easier to read through and take in.

Thanks

Feedback on group-No feedback , no change

What has been your best experience with us:

What has been your worst experience with us:

What do you like about us/what do we do good:

What do you feel we need to improve on:

Buster    3

Well, I met some of your boys last week, in Pogorevka, I think it was, and they were all perfectly civil! I was the guy with two fires, wearing an orange raincoat next to the mini-market, cooking steaks. The leader, a Scottish chap, even sat down for a spell, after asking me a few questions. Though I did feel a little on edge, what with all the fully armed guys in black ha ha :P. I only realised who it was later on, and I remember asking if they were military, and was told ''More of a militia, actually'' :D didn't get robbed or anything. All in all, it was an interesting experience!

Vaine    23

Well, I met some of your boys last week, in Pogorevka, I think it was, and they were all perfectly civil! I was the guy with two fires, wearing an orange raincoat next to the mini-market, cooking steaks. The leader, a Scottish chap, even sat down for a spell, after asking me a few questions. Though I did feel a little on edge, what with all the fully armed guys in black ha ha :P. I only realised who it was later on, and I remember asking if they were military, and was told ''More of a militia, actually'' :D didn't get robbed or anything. All in all, it was an interesting experience!

haha yes i recall you ..I am that scottish guy.I made you burn your steak if i recall haha.

DaMerc    0

My only experience with you guys was southeast of Vibor a couple of days ago. There was a helicopter crash in that field there and I was there with two friends, one who said he was taken hostage by you guys but you guys didn't really do much to him. His name was Wellington Green / Chupacabra. Later I think some of you came to the helicopter crash and there were about 5-6 of us there and some trading went down. That's all I remember.

Buster    3

Yes! five ruined steaks. Good thing I killed three cows lol! but yeah it was fun. Even though you were friendly, I got the distinct impression it could change in a second! put me a little on edge, and it was a neat encounter for me :) Also, my guy went on to find a green raincoat, per your advice haha.

Joffrey    718

I love your folks RP in general, and I've never had anything but good encounters (Even when I was held up by you). 10/10 RP.

The only comment I can make is.. REALLY? YOU STARTED MARKING PEOPLE?!?! YOU ARE NOW KEEPING "PETS"? COME Onnnnnnnnn.

Just kidding, I have no idea when you started doing these things, could have easily been before us. Even if it wasn't it doesn't matter, you are still great RPer's. I just chuckled when I heard about these things because it sounded so Inmates-like.

Vaine    23

I love your folks RP in general, and I've never had anything but good encounters (Even when I was held up by you). 10/10 RP.

The only comment I can make is.. REALLY? YOU STARTED MARKING PEOPLE?!?! YOU ARE NOW KEEPING "PETS"? COME Onnnnnnnnn.

Just kidding, I have no idea when you started doing these things, could have easily been before us. Even if it wasn't it doesn't matter, you are still great RPer's. I just chuckled when I heard about these things because it sounded so Inmates-like.

Never known us to call captives pet's lol. Can't be common :)

We always intended to do marking of BM but felt we had to wait. As i said , we started as basic survivor's and are trying to deteriorate in time and get worse and worse. We feel it is about time. Thinking of changing a few things on it tho.. Keeping it for ''special folks''

Thanks for feedback

Not to go off track, but did you find the group you were after? I remember you saying you were looking for some ne'er do wells.

I remember.I asked if you had seen the CDF and if so their last location. Not found them yet :)

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Haven't run into any of your guys yet. I am sure it is only a matter of time :)

What has been your best experience with us: (Guy made my banner ;3) ran into a few of them and asked to trade a few cans of food for the ammo I scavenged. Went off without a hitch.

What has been your worst experience with us: Drop weaps ten secs when I found my first heli crash.

What do you like about us/what do we do good: Your image, your message, and how you stand your ground

What do you feel we need to improve on: Take it a little lighter on fresh spawns? Some seem VERY trigger happy for guardians

HiGGi    27

What has been your best experience with us: (Guy made my banner ;3) ran into a few of them and asked to trade a few cans of food for the ammo I scavenged. Went off without a hitch.

What has been your worst experience with us: Drop weaps ten secs when I found my first heli crash.

What do you like about us/what do we do good: Your image, your message, and how you stand your ground

What do you feel we need to improve on: Take it a little lighter on fresh spawns? Some seem VERY trigger happy for guardians

We're not guardians my man. Can i ask you about this drop weps ten sec robbery and if you got names as this is a rule break inside of our group?

Also don't believe we have ever robbed a fresh spawn so could you possibly give me some names there as people have been impersonating us.

Preplin    0

You guys got some really talented rper.

But also ive experienced my first death through you guys.

:D

Glad we made your first time special ;)

Buddy    835

i think i have met a few of your group once... there was one openly friendly person and then two others being all mysterious in the background xD a positive encounter though id say!

MatthewFC    9

Bandits with good RP but that still are bandits, what else can I say? I do not personally like the whole purpose of "making everyone fear us" more than I liked it with OREL (the red berets that got themselves banned, yes) but if you do it with proper roleplay then be my guests.

My only meeting with you guys was at Devil's Castle and cost me an AKM with optics, altough I was no more "robbed" rather than pressured to give it up or proceed to face more serious consecuences, and that by itself was a new experience instead of the silly DWTS initiations other bandits make. I did get a bit splashed by drooling, but bandits will be bandits I guess, and no harm was done. We even shared food and parted as "neutral friendly", so I'd say keep up the banditry but don't get too powerhungry.

Guest Biggie   
Guest Biggie

Bandits with good RP but that still are bandits, what else can I say? I do not personally like the whole purpose of "making everyone fear us" more than I liked it with OREL (the red berets that got themselves banned, yes) but if you do it with proper roleplay then be my guests.

My only meeting with you guys was at Devil's Castle and cost me an AKM with optics, altough I was no more "robbed" rather than pressured to give it up or proceed to face more serious consecuences, and that by itself was a new experience instead of the silly DWTS initiations other bandits make. I did get a bit splashed by drooling, but bandits will be bandits I guess, and no harm was done. We even shared food and parted as "neutral friendly", so I'd say keep up the banditry but don't get too powerhungry.

Thanks for the words dude and don't worry we wont end up like OREL with feedback being given from everyone it will only better our roleplay so it will only get better from here, as for the whole powerhungry thing i assure you that won't happen our group may be big but we wont use that to our advantage by making everyone hate us and being 'powerhungry'.

A friend of mine met you at green mountain yesterday I think there were about 5 or 6 of you there, you might remember him he had a landmine an was doing a gollum voice :) lets just say it didn't end well for him (I understand why you guys recorded it)

Guest Leuku   
Guest Leuku

What has been your worst experience with us:

Never actually had a conflict with Blackwood as far as I can remember. I spent a lot of my time in the Zelenogorsk-Novy-Vybor triangle until a few weeks ago (not sure I can comment on your *current* ways), so running into you was a daily affair. But out of character, I sometimes have to laugh at some of your members trying to assert dominance through the overuse of the word "bitch". I don't know how old these characters are supposed to be, but to me (and my character) they often sound like uppity overcompensating teenagers that can't be taken seriously.

What do you like about us/what do we do good:

You're recognizable and so far, you've been pretty reasonable people. You don't seem like caricatures.

What do you feel we need to improve on:

The depth of RP with non-members of your group. You are pretty indistinguishable from each other. It would be nice to interact with individuals, as opposed to a homogeneous mass.

You seem to lack a purpose. Or a mission, if you will.

---

All that being said, I don't like militias and I especially don't like organized bandits. In real life, the peasants would have armed themselves, hunted down the bandits, massacred them and gone right back to farming. That can't be done here, which is why the community is filled with groups that just don't belong in a scenario like the one we're supposed to RP in.

As for pointless robberies, most of them are utterly pointless. The stuff that's stolen is usually not worth the risk of getting killed and that's something both the robber and robbed (as well as the people who RP them) should keep in mind. Are you prepared to die for something shiny? Common sense is not a bad thing.

Astronut    0

I dont think I have come across any of your people. I did come across some Irish group the other day, they told me stories about Blackwood that raised my IC hairs on the back of my head. It made me think that I should avoid you at all costs. So yea, your reputation precedes you as far as I am concerned :)

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa   
Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

Mikhail's mindless war dogs?

lol jk you guys have changed since the days of the GM raids and Joe Blackwood

Vaine    23

Mikhail's mindless war dogs?

lol jk you guys have changed since the days of the GM raids and Joe Blackwood

Your useful to Blackwood. You can become unrequired tho