Server time: 2017-10-18, 13:03
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Slinkaaay

Role playing advice? New life rule etc

Slinkaaay    2

I wanted to get everyone's opinion. Last night I witnessed some of the best, entertaining role play since being on the server. Unfortunately I was due impart to my death, which I caused myself on accident. While looking around an abandoned parking garage, I walked off of the stairs an fell from the second story. What happened next was amazing. The Scotsman I was traveling with began yelling "No!!! come on lad wake up! Talk to me! No no no". etc. The grief in his voice could have won an academy award!

So here is my dilemma. According to the rules I can start anew and retain the knowledge of my friends groups etc. leading up to my death. However I kind of consider myself hardcore if I role-play. However, this game is in alpha and it is my, trying to be unbiased, opinion that that fall may break a leg or cause injury but was not deadly. So do I :

1. Reroll, so to speak ie start a fresh character and forget everything.

2. Role play waking up in a hospital, possibly stumbled upon sometime soon after the incident and treated by someone with medical knowledge.

3. Combination of both. Start a new character, and figure my previous one is healing for a couple of weeks, being attended to in a cabin somewhere..

Suggestions please, from noobs or Veterans.

Slink

redspear461    3

What I would suggest is the second one, if you ever see that guy again talk to him about how you woke up, and you found some medical supplies in a hospital nearby!

I know I did that before, early in the mod I had died from getting shot in the chest by bandits, I decided to RP out since I died near a hospital, to wake up and crawl inside the hospital, find medical supplies, and patch myself up there while I rested up. The group I played with saw me again, and I told them that story, from then on I was known in my group as the grave walker, seeing as I couldn't be killed :D

Mikachu    26

Something of the second one, could say you woke up a few times while being treated and are looking for whoever helped you

Could make some real good RP

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Go with option number 2 ! This will make some good RP for sure. Find that Scotsman and tell him you are alive !

Subso    0

Hey there,

You could perma-death your character but since there is a very high chance you just went into a coma because of the fall, woke up, dragged you (or some else did) to safty and healed.

In that case I would go for option 2 since it is logical and you can have greate RP out of it :)

Revilo    7

just tell him it never happened, it was all in his head. the apocalypse will do this to a man.

Subso    0

just tell him it never happened, it was all in his head. the apocalypse will do this to a man.

Very good advice Kappa

Revilo    7

Very good advice Kappa

^_^

outside-the-box3.jpg

Chaznar    0

I haven't been around for a while, but I'd say the same rule applies here

If you think that character had an appropriate death, leave it. Make a new character and move on with that one. A good death can be more memorable to you as their player than anything else.