Server time: 2017-10-18, 05:44
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Zee german is coming upon you!

Beowulf    0

Hello World,

I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Bruno the german farmer, looking forward to plant my roots in the sweet soil of Chernarus. (and whaiting for my whitelist application to be accepted)

I hope we will meet sometime...

SatansNightOut    105

gpq3n2n.gif

Heh, jk!

Willkommen. :)

Beowulf    0

Any tips on character backstory? I'm planning on something like:

-came to Chernarus as Investor of a crops farm

-got caught in the apocalypse

-trying to make the best of it and build business from scratch

Und danke für das prompte Wilkommen =)

SatansNightOut    105

Any tips on character backstory? I'm planning on something like:

-came to Chernarus as Investor of a crops farm

-got caught in the apocalypse

-trying to make the best of it and build business from scratch

Und danke für das prompte Wilkommen =)

There are a great many RPers that have come before me that suggest using your own life as a representation, or influence, for your character. As I said, "write what you know".

Personally, I rather like your idea of being a crop-farming investor. Of course, you might want to be careful when it comes to previously owning farms in Chernarus. I can't say for sure, but I'd imagine it'd be a bit "power-gaming" to claim that you originally owned a farm in Chernarus.

Kind of like saying, "My family has owned Zub castle for eons. You cannot come here."

Or is that legit? Idk. That's a different tale for another time.

However, I'd need staff to clarify on that particular front.

In any case, being a shared investor in the agriculture industry in Chernarus sounds so mundane as to be fun. A man worried about his cash-crops being thrust into a world where people often starve... Lots of potential there. ;)

No one can really tell you what to write or which character to play, but experiment. Practice ALWAYS makes perfect, no matter what you're trying to perfect.

Beowulf    0

I was thinking that I might claim that I wanted to buy a farm somewhere in Chernarus I have yet to specify. Now that the Apocalyps is happening I would simply claim one as my own and start business from there.

You are right that I probably have to defend my precious crops from hungry survivors and walking Dead alike, it will be stressful but fun =)

As well, I will be wanting some partners, who I have to aquire to help me with my business...

Welcome to the community friend. Another thing you should remember. Out of character you could add to your back story if A: it fits well with what you've currently got and B: The last bit of A applies if you have told anyone your backstory. xD

But it's always good to have a base, as you can develop your characters feelings, actions and thoughts in certain situations like Vincent was a heister, but he is conflicted with if he should go back to his usual self, or use this opportunity to make things right, and his past life problems are seeping into his decisions that he has to make now.

"That guys has got gear, an AK mag for his gun, I have that gun but need more magazines, should I rob him"

"But I'm trying to change, I can't go back there"

"But it would be so easy"

So have fun making your character and if his moral decisions almost match yours, it can be very intense to make a decision. But nevertheless with me and my rambling, Vincent bids you welcome and when your whitelist is accepted,I hope to meet you ingame!

SatansNightOut    105

I was thinking that I might claim that I wanted to buy a farm somewhere in Chernarus I have yet to specify. Now that the Apocalyps is happening I would simply claim one as my own and start business from there.

You are right that I probably have to defend my precious crops from hungry survivors and walking Dead alike, it will be stressful but fun =)

As well, I will be wanting some partners, who I have to aquire to help me with my business...

Heh, you're definitely thinking in the right direction. People are running many different things in DayZRP, from legit bounty hunters and cults, to traders and bartenders---and even local law enforcement... I mean, to a degree. When you finally get yourself established, and "learn the ropes", you should definitely try and make some In-Character relations with other people that are trying to establish "businesses", so to speak. Plus, it's always nice to have some extra friends around as "security" for your endeavors. ;)

I'd love to have a farmer that trades his produce at our Pub in return for wares and necessary materials such as seeds and fertilizer... and alcohol. :D

Bryan    0

Soon we'll take over dayzrp..

Welcome dude