Server time: 2017-10-23, 15:32
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Cedrea

Abusive mechanics(?)

Question

Cedrea    1

Let's say there are two persons in a town. Not friends, but none showed any sort of hostility towards each other.

If one of them refills his bottle and during that small about of time in which he cannot react the other one ties him, is that considered abusing game mechanics and a punishable abuse?

11 answers to this question

Mikachu    26

Let me make sure I understand correct first -

They have shown no hostility to each other, and the aggressor cuffs (or ties) the man whilst he is filling a bottle without saying anything or doing anything else first?

Cedrea    1

Let me make sure I understand correct first -

They have shown no hostility to each other, and the aggressor cuffs (or ties) the man whilst he is filling a bottle without saying anything or doing anything else first?

Yes. Exactly that.

Mikachu    26

Then whilst I am unsure of abusing game mechanics it is badRP/a false initiation. He has given no demands or aggression yet took control over the victim.

As for abusing game mechanics it's tough. If he were to initiate correctly I personally don't see an issue. It's using your brain to rob when they don't have a weapon in hand.

Cedrea    1

Unfortunately I don't usually record, so I cannot show you how it exactly went down.

It happened to me this morning. I was generally friendly towards the guy. I wanted to refill my bottle and thought he'd be thirsty too so we went to a well. As I was refilling my bottle he tied me up with a rope and said don't take this personally(after he tied me). Started cursing him and that sort of usual stuff as he was browsing through my gear and taking whatever he pleased.

Basically he gave no initiation at all prior to the hostile action.

Mikachu    26

Unfortunately I don't usually record, so I cannot show you how it exactly went down.

It happened to me this morning. I was generally friendly towards the guy. I wanted to refill my bottle and thought he'd be thirsty too so we went to a well. As I was refilling my bottle he tied me up with a rope and said don't take this personally. Started cursing him and that sort of usual stuff as he was browsing through my gear and taking whatever he pleased.

I will get a higher up to post but i'm almost certain i'm correct it that its against the rules

Owen    16

It's badrp if you just restrain someone out if the blue. Not only can't you react to his action but he had no valid reason to tie you up apart from getting yout gear. Personally he should have iniated on you after you stopped drinking. It is bad sportsmanship on his part.

Sounds like a false initiation to me, you cannot just cuff/tie up someone with no initiation prior.

'You must make your hostile intention clear and unambiguous'

As for doing it while you were drinking, if he had done a proper initiation, I do not see a huge harm in it. It is as Tamaster said a smart way of going about it, but this is where report discussions are the best. As you can see our opinions differ on the matter.

Cedrea    1

Thank you for clarifying this. I will add this to my already existent report for combat logging.

Mikachu    26

Thank you for clarifying this. I will add this to my already existent report for combat logging.

Question answered? :)

Cedrea    1

Question answered? :)

Yes.

Mikachu    26

/solved

:redpanda: