Server time: 2017-08-19, 05:46

Sign in to follow this  
Krullin

Possible new things in SA (Google be damned)

Krullin    0

So, as non of you will know I dabbled as a arma 2 modder in my free time, and today I started wondering if I could retexture the SA character models so that they wouldn't be wearing those silly undergarments. So, I took a big swig of my Mountain Dew and started exploring the Addons folder to find the default torso textures.

Too my surprise though I found loads and loads of unused textures. I huh'd with intrigue as I looked at them all, and lol'd at the sillier ones.

I wanted to share those odd ones here on the forums to see who isn't excited to get these in the game at some point. So, here you go (some of these are quite big)

Flower pattern garments (fem):

d6rmzFi.png

"Violet" garments (male):

4V9h6tv.png

Grey notes garments (fem):

20MnM9x.png

Abstract garments (male):

JVTNNzh.png

"Brown" garments (male):

iatESgM.png

Woodland garments (male):

STZqzsb.png

Stars garments (fem):

htBXJrH.png

I also found money, female zombie sounds, wooden planks, more face variants for all races/sexes (lacking models), animal mating calls (I especially like the doe and stag ones) and much much more. But you'll just have to wait till their out to see those. Or look for yourselves if you have the right tools.

None of those images work for me at all neither on the site or following the link.

Krullin    0

None of those images work for me at all neither on the site or following the link.

woops, sorry. Thats what you get for using google+

Tamaster92    14

pls fix images :D

woops, sorry. Thats what you get for using google+

Damn Google+ ruining everything

Krullin    0

huh... google+ doesn't allow me to share like this.... welp just use your imagination in the mean time

huh... google+ doesn't allow me to share like this.... welp just use your imagination in the mean time

cant you just upload the images to something else like imgur etc.?

Krullin    0

I am. Never using google again

Aaaaaand fixed, sorry about that. Accept this gif of a dancing horse as an appology giphy.gif

Aaaaaand fixed, sorry about that. Accept this gif of a dancing horse as an appology giphy.gif

Not impressed as thats a pony not a horse....but you are forgiven

I am. Never using google again

That pony is the cutest bloody thing I have ever seen, Like goddamn.

Krullin    0

Aaaand everyone will use woodland garments anyway.

There was a rainbow of other colors there too, I just didn't include them because they seemed a bit plain. If you can choose those in the future I think alot of people will actually go for the black one.

Also a little tidbit of random trivia, the UK Assault Vest is called UK ass vest in the files. I lol'd for seconds after reading that

Tamaster92    14

Wait till you find the homemade explosives :D

Krullin    0

I did find 'em :D theres allot of cool things like these. Like the model for the old_hatchback from the mod, so I think we know which car will be added next in the year 2018

I did find 'em :D theres allot of cool things like these. Like the model for the old_hatchback from the mod, so I think we know which car will be added next in the year 2018

h1A9F3986

Tamaster92    14

Sadly not :(

Theres a bunch of stuff left over from the engine or as references - that being one of them

Krullin    0

Theres a bunch of stuff left over from the engine or as references - that being one of them

Awww, well that explains why I saw some arma 2 character textures lingering around.

Tamaster92    14

Awww, well that explains why I saw some arma 2 character textures lingering around.

Yeah if you unrap some configs you can see stuff still references that old material as a base to build off from.

Lots new too though, you should look at the weapon cfgs, the way they do attachments and bullets in a magazine is super cool

Krullin    0

Yeah if you unrap some configs you can see stuff still references that old material as a base to build off from.

Lots new too though, you should look at the weapon cfgs, the way they do attachments and bullets in a magazine is super cool

Ooohh now I know what I'm doing till dinner.

Best content since adding rotten apples.

I'm still waiting for new faces and FACIAL HAIR. A lot of diffrent facial hair <3

Krullin    0

I'm still waiting for new faces and FACIAL HAIR. A lot of diffrent facial hair <3

If it's any consolation some of the facial variants I mentioned have 5 o'clock shadows

If it's any consolation some of the facial variants I mentioned have 5 o'clock shadows

My fav face from ArmA 2/DayZ mods was:

8D58122EB01F3CC63CFAB356A24139E929A12EA7

So i'll go for full beard or "french" mustache - depends on what character i will role play.

Krullin    0

My fav face from ArmA 2/DayZ mods was:

-snip-

So i'll go for full beard or "french" mustache - depends on what character i will role play.

As most players probably know some characters have physical "hairs" on their head kinda jutting out, like Dean or that tough looking blond woman I can't remember what was called. It wouldn't be that hard to texture in some beards and then add those "hairs" over them. Though those are client side so no one would be able see them but you.. and modding doesn't come along till possibly late this year so I guess we'll just have to sit back and hope for the best.