Server time: 2017-08-22, 01:49

Sign in to follow this  
cTayX

new to DayZ RP

cTayX    0

hey guys, not been here long and was just whitelisted.

any tips for me will be greatly appreciated!

i hope to see you all out in the servers and make some great friends and maybe some better enemies!

Hey cTayx good to see you around here :)

Subso    0

Hey there!

If you just want to introduce yourself go here: http://www.dayzrp.com/f-introductions-and-farewells

If you have questions go here: http://www.dayzrp.com/f-questions

And for guides go here: http://www.dayzrp.com/f-guides-and-tutorials

I recommend you this one since you are freshly-new: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-dayzrp-welcome-package-a-guide-for-newcomers

And welcome to dayZRP! You are free to come in the teamspeak if you need help that cant be found on the forum :)

Slinkaaay    2

From one noob to the another, what I have learned in a short time...

1. You cannot based any of your gameplay or roleplaying on stuff you have learned outside of your character.

Example: I have seen many videos and see horrible stuff go down at Green Mountain. My second day in the game a random passerby, responding to my questions as to where to find a nice group of fellow survivors, pointed to and recommended Green Mountain. So as my character I would probably believe that so off I went. On my way to Green Mountain another fellow survivor asked where I was heading. When informed him of where I was heading and why I was informed of the truth.

Unless your back story is the Russian military, you don't know where the military loot is. Besides in real life would you call it loot? If you play the role of a real estate broker trapped in Russia to you know what a Mosin is, how to load it. When you kill a zombie for the first time or see one in the company of others, how horrific would that be, PLAY THE ROLE!! Its so much more fun when your with someone who does.

2. Do not break character...Ever

It pisses people off. Now let me explain. After playing for two hours with another player he informed me he was going to sleep for the night. ie hes was done for the evening. Now I had been drinking both in game and out...lol I thought I would just tell him in the last few seconds before he logged to look me up on steam instead of typing //OOC etc. I was told Stop, shut up, stop talking. I have never made that mistake since.

Now that was intentional. The hardest part is to not do it unintentional. A lot of the vets will help you if you slip up by giving you a hint such as:

Me" hey I don't understand these steaks say they are ruined"

Reply "The steaks are talking to you?

I caught on and replied" No I thought throwing them in the fire on the coals and ash would cook them, I just I suck at cooking.

3. Read the forums

There are so many people in these forums with great advice. I also read the KOS reports and Bad role play reports. Its a great way to learn from others mistakes.

4. Realize the experience is worth more than anything. I kind of cant wait to be held up, and play it out. Or witness a murder, or offered human meat by to crazy twitching cannibals.

5. Don't metagame. Don't alt tab to see how to build a fire, look at a map, find a recipe etc. Ask others to teach you and pass it on. We are learning how to survive in an apocalypse.

6. Have fun!

I have been on the server less than two weeks and had the game for a month. I have so much less to offer in advice from the Veterans, but take it for what its worth.

cTayX    0

Sorry terra I'm useless in forums!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Hello hatch, Timmy could possibly have a new friend incoming, so play nice!

Zoot    0

hey guys, not been here long and was just whitelisted.

i hope to see you all out in the servers and make some great friends and maybe some better enemies!

welcome!

have fun and try to not kill anybody ^_^

do good RP and always talk to people.

cTayX    0

Me kill someone! I wobuld never do such a thing, I'm such a kind soul!

Guest JackGreen2   
Guest JackGreen2

hey guys, not been here long and was just waiting to me whitelisted.

Hey Everyone im Jack Green Just waiting to be whitelisted i worked hard on it and i hope i get accepted :).