Server time: 2017-10-18, 14:47
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Ye-Troll-King

KoS question

Question

Hey guys, as you can see I'm new to this community. I have a question about the KoS rule which has been lingering on my mind for a while now. So if you hold someone up, warning him/her and all, and he/she has friends nearby (they maybe went looting that other building across the street) which come to help their friend in need after they finish looting their building, do you then have KoS right on those guys as well or do they have the rights on you but not otherwise? I think it's pretty confusing when you start thinking about it, with being threatened and KoS sharing etc. What do you guys think about it?

12 answers to this question

Vandy    34

If you initiate on someone, and the other group members of that person are within a radius of 500 meters, then yes, they do have KoS rights on you.

and what about you? Do you need to hold them up as well before you get KoS rights or can you take them down immediately as they're being a direct threat to you?

If you initiate on someone, and the other group members of that person are within a radius of 500 meters, then yes, they do have KoS rights on you.

I think he's asking if the bandit has KOS rights on the group.

The answer is no, you don't. You don't have KOS rights on anyone that you initiate on unless they either refuse to comply or attempt to fight back. That includes not only the target of your initiation, but also their group members.

Ok, I'm going to try and tell it in another way. So you're the bandit and you hold someone up who's part of a group but they aren't there at that exact moment but close (couple of buildings away). So the bad guy holds him up and he does everything the bandit wants ( drop the gun etc). Then the good guy's friends come walking in guns blazing at the bad guy. Now my question was if you have the KoS right to kill his friends (defend yourself) if you are in that case the bandit. I hope that this clears it up a bit

Vandy    34

-snip-

I think he's asking if the bandit has KOS rights on the group.

That wasn't entirely clear to me.

But I'm pretty sure Lucia explained it all fairly and in decent detail here.

Mamba    0

Ok, I'm going to try and tell it in another way. So you're the bandit and you hold someone up who's part of a group but they aren't there at that exact moment but close (couple of buildings away). So the bad guy holds him up and he does everything the bandit wants ( drop the gun etc). Then the good guy's friends come walking in guns blazing at the bad guy. Now my question was if you have the KoS right to kill his friends (defend yourself) if you are in that case the bandit. I hope that this clears it up a bit

Yes. If people come shooting at you then you have the right to defend yourself.

Zoot    0

as i remember from the rules page.

they have KoS rights if you threaten them or their members of group,

you have KoS rights when you are in direct danger.

just as you said,

if the other members aiming guns at you while you are taking hostages,

you have KoS rights,coz they are going to be kill you.

when the shit goes down (and yeah ofc. first of all,all of this has to be RP'd) everyone has KoS rights (if not breaking other rules).

keep reading them rules bro ^_^

IAmJackBandit    77

In this scenario, if the victims friends shoot at you, then you have kos rights. But you can't just start shooting at them because you don't gain kos rights until they do something hostile towards you. Going to mark as solved but if you have anymore question just hop into teamspeak and consult with staff:)

/solving

Oh! Yes, that was a bit unclear.

Yeah, any time someone shoots at you, you're allowed to shoot back. If someone attempts to injure or kill you, it always grants you kill rights on them, regardless of the circumstances.