Server time: 2017-10-23, 11:26
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Guest AsOiX

Just died from picking up a 1911

Question

Guest AsOiX   
Guest AsOiX

I picked up a 1911 at the top of a castle and boom, dead. I was so excited cause I had a mag for it too :(((

I havent seen this glitch before, but damn :/

11 answers to this question

Mamba    0

Common, unfortunate but as people will tell you alpha. Really buggy engine. Really unstable, plus with desync, shit happens. I lost my full ghillie =( Just get over it really quick, luckily gear is not as rare.

MatthewFC    43

You didn't die from picking the pistol, you died because of the infamous "second floor break legs" glitch. Sometimes the server thinks you're in a lower floor that you currently are and forcefully tries to displace you there, making you feel the effects of a fall that didn't actually happen. Because yoiu were high up in a castle tower, and not just only on a second floor, you didn't just suffer broken legs, but went straight to instadeath.

To avoid this bug, always walk upstairs and vault every new floor you reach in order to update your height in both client and server.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Dang man, see what happens, when I am not around to watch your back in game :P

Vandy    34

There is a known bug that you might die on levels above ground level. Especially two story buildings are deadly.

Oh... I see Matthew actually answered you ... Should have read through the replies first...

You didn't die from picking the pistol, you died because of the infamous "second floor break legs" glitch. Sometimes the server thinks you're in a lower floor that you currently are and forcefully tries to displace you there, making you feel the effects of a fall that didn't actually happen. Because yoiu were high up in a castle tower, and not just only on a second floor, you didn't just suffer broken legs, but went straight to instadeath.

To avoid this bug, always walk upstairs and vault every new floor you reach in order to update your height in both client and server.

Yep, I do this all the time. Then I stopped once and ruined my OREL pants (RIP ripped pants).

The worst though was breaking my legs on the prison tower. While opening inventory to get the morphine and taking a second bout of fall damage which killed me.

drewhinny    0

The game bugs out on me a lot as well. Still one of the best games I ever played. Can't wait till the full game comes out.

Subso    0

I would like to know if he was in a second-level-building or if it happend somewhere else because I never had it while picking up stuff from the ground. Only when I used things, crouched or went prone.

Guest AsOiX   
Guest AsOiX

I was on the very top floor and I picked up the 1911 and boom dead. I was standing

Guest slummylemon   
Guest slummylemon

Just happened to me top of the prison tower. picked up a vest and BAM dead

Terra    1449

moved to troubleshooting

Mikachu    26

It was due to desync -

Whenever you up any stairs always make sure to vault at the top since it updates your position for the server.

/solved