Server time: 2017-10-20, 14:32
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Yokai

Give persistence another chance?

Question

Yokai    0

Can we try out persistence on 1 server for maybe just 1 day or so? Even though .53 wasn't specifically meant to fix pers, maybe it's better or fixed just on it's own.

Is it hard to just turn it on for one day on one server to test it?

7 answers to this question

Yokai    0

Big nope the server crashes enough

Have we tested it though? (in .53)

Mamba    0

I want it back more than most. I feel it adds to rp, however with how it was people couldn't even play. Server would go down constantly and became frustrating.

Yokai    0

I want it back more than most. I feel it adds to rp, however with how it was people couldn't even play. Server would go down constantly and became frustrating.

Right and that was in .52. Have we tested .53? That's what I'm saying.. just TEST it.. not add it back to all servers. Try it on 1 server for 1 day (or restart if it ends up being bad like before)

Right and that was in .52. Have we tested .53? That's what I'm saying.. just TEST it.. not add it back to all servers. Try it on 1 server for 1 day (or restart if it ends up being bad like before)

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

I am pretty sure the dev's stated that persistence fix was not coming until .54 update ? They didn't address it at all in .53 so what would have changed from .52 ?

Yokai    0

I am pretty sure the dev's stated that persistence fix was not coming until .54 update ? They didn't address it at all in .53 so what would have changed from .52 ?

Well "stuff" simply happens... Kind of like restarting your computer and a program runs fine again. Or stuff irrelevant to their update such as fences now not being able to render properly. "Stuff" happens. Maybe it's fixed... maybe it's not.. but 1 server 1 day seems like a pretty good deal if it does turn out to be fine. Plus almost every other server has pers and they seem to run fine. Don't see the harm in trying.

Mikachu    26

Please use search in the future. We will be testing out persistence again in 0.54

/solved