Server time: 2017-10-18, 20:21
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Frankey 20

safe spots in the map

Subso    0

No, I dont think so.

Some groups/people create safe-zones but they fall if they dont manage to defend it (or keep it active). Having a "rule-secured"-safe zone would proably be a bit boring because you simply know that you never have to worry about it.

I can understand that some might want it but I think it brings more challange and roleplay if save zones can rise, shine and fall by the impact of all players.

Guest Phat J   
Guest Phat J

No, I dont think so.

Some groups/people create safe-zones but they fall if they dont manage to defend it (or keep it active). Having a "rule-secured"-safe zone would proably be a bit boring because you simply know that you never have to worry about it.

I can understand that some might want it but I think it brings more challange and roleplay if save zones can rise, shine and fall by the impact of all players.

Well said

No, I dont think so.

This.

Safety should come at a heavy price, and it should never be permanent.

If one is perpetually safe, the edge and tension to roleplay is lost. A bonus to player-made sanctuaries is that a player still has to stop and question if this is really a trap.

Caesar    438

We have been down this path many times. Its a lose - lose situation.

If you make a rules enforced safe zones you get bandits complaining. If you don't you get another segment complaining.

Vandy    34

Just like subso said, there are plenty of "secured zones" around the map, secured by players.

There shouldn't be an enforced secure zone at all. It would reduce the rp allot.

Ego    1

no-god-no-o.gif

Its been contemplated a lot and we we did have safe zones for a whilst, trade posts. It just doesn't work and I can't stand the concept of them. Its a zombie apocalypse filled with (surprise, surprise) zombies and bandits, nowhere is safe unless you make it safe IG.

+ There have been many threads about it, use the search bar before coming up with suggestions, the likely hood is its been suggested before and check out those. :)

Whitefur    4

Trade Post has been tried twice, and all it led to was camping by literally everybody. The bandits camped the outside edge and initiated on everybody who left the safe zone so all the people who wanted to not get robbed just stayed in all the time. It has been tried and failed multiple times. -1

hardwork    0

Green Mountain is often a miniature safezone (however it often doesn't remain that way for long), but adding a safezone will remove the immersive experience of DayZ if one is implemented by server rules. Furthermore, I enjoy the feeling of having to be on your toes, ready to react to anything and it adds much more RP if groups of survivors run their own.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

The most realistic version of a safezone would have to be managed by a group of survivors. A large group at that, that had 24/7 coverage. Not really feasible at this point in the game. Perhaps a alliance between groups and a coverage schedule would be a start :) I have seen it tried many times in the MOD, and they never lasted for long. Made for some interesting scenarios, and I definitely think that it could create some awesome RP too , but let's see if it happens.

AKtrain    0

No, I dont think so.

Well said

cool

Subso    0

Novy sober is a safe haven. You should come...

And thats something I like - that you never know if its save or not.

If you would remove the fear of running into a not-safe-zone while you wanted a save zone makes it more...uh...makes it better. (Problems finding english words to descripte that)

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

rip trade post

Zoot    0

safe zone in apocalypse..

naa man..

but maybe if the community got bigger and more active,and also dayz got developed more "more resources bigger map bigger server capacity"..than maybe it can be a thing.