Server time: 2017-08-23, 17:39

Sign in to follow this  
Cedrea

Black screen followed by character reset

Question

Cedrea    1

I was looting the ATC at NWAF when suddenly I got a black screen. No death message, no nothing. Tried to log on a few times and always got the "Spawning in 30 seconds" message, so I just went with it. Seems like my character either died to a bug, got KOSd or just reseted.

Can any admin let me know if there is a death log for my character? Just in case it was a KOS and the game didn't show the death message.

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

Vandy    34

this is most probably one of these random death bugs the alpha stage brings with them.

If you didn't get a death message, you probably we'rent killed.

However it's good to double check it with the administrators.

Cid    333

Normally when you die a black screen just pops up, but it says that you are dead in the middle of the screen. At the bottom did it show that your hotbar items were just a white model?

Cedrea    1

No, it did not show the message nor the hotbar. It was just a black screen really.

Also, I forgot to mention that my character was not rendering in the main menu until I logged back in(after the character got reseted/died).

Cid    333

Alright, were you able to still here the sounds around you or move or was it just complete silence along with the black screen?

Cedrea    1

Alright, were you able to still here the sounds around you or move or was it just complete silence along with the black screen?

Complete silence alongside the black screen.

Cid    333

At that point, it's likely that you died to a bug. Is it safe to assume that you were on the uppers levels of the ATC as well? It sounds like your legs probably exploded and you died. This is a known glitch and mainly happens on the second floor of buildings.

Cid    333

I will be marking this as solved then. Sorry to hear this happened. Hopefully this gets fixed sometime soon.

/solving