Server time (UTC): 2021-10-22 19:22

Macbook questions

Guest Yeagerbomb

Guest Yeagerbomb

Hello everyone. I've been having troubles attempting to even play the game on my Macbook Pro so if anyone has any tips for me that would be much appreciated!

Guest Yeagerbomb

Hello everyone. I've been having troubles attempting to even play the game on my Macbook Pro so if anyone has any tips for me that would be much appreciated!

Hey! I think you're in the wrong section of the forum! go to the Troubleshooting section, that's where you can get help!

Much appreciated! I've been toying with it for a while and I may have figured something out.

• MVP

*Moved to Troubleshooting*

I use Mac´s for everything, besides playing games.

But tell me whats the problem is and i´ll try to help you :)

• MVP

If you want a mac solely for gaming then don't bother.

If you want a mac for other reasons and want it to be a gaming computer also then I would make sure you get a decent one and run a Windows emulation for gaming.

Overall, they're not fantastic but they work.

• MVP

Hahaha.

Guys, shut up.

I have good experience with macs.

And yes, i have played a bit from my macbook pro aswell.

Let me try help this poor man :D

There are few ways to play on macbooks. One is to use wine. It is your first thing you could try. If the game you like to play does not work on wine then try vmware and install windows os on it to emulate windows. However it might not be good for games. Last option i would do is to have dualboot. So whenever you need to play games you simply boot in to windows os and other times you use os x.

Also macs usualy lack in graphics. They usualy use integrated gpu's (intel hd 3000 or 4000) wich usualy are enough to run most games on low setting on bit lower resolution fine. Some of them do have dedicated gpu, wich in this case is alot jetter for games. Keep in mind. Macbooks are not meant for gamers in mind so the gpu power is not enough to run games at full settings.

If possible. Post the specs of your macbook

• MVP

Thats how i did it, used bootcamp and launched windows when i wanted to play.

I was actually pretty amazed off what that poor gpu managed to do.