Server time: 2017-08-20, 07:59

Sign in to follow this  
Fromdaheavens

✰ Quick guide for newbies ✰

Here is an another guide made by me, but not with the performance (FPS) boost for dayz that i made.

I have some tips for this guide!

Here are the most useful tips for new players:

• -You can carry two weapons at a time. However, one of them must be held in your hands and you will drop it every time you put something else in your hands.
    -You can keep both weapons even if you log out. Put both weapons on your hotbar and when you log back in use the hotbar to take out the weapon in your hands.
    -When your Field of View is lower, your scopes and sights zoom in further. The reverse also applies for you quake-style players.
    -Eating an entire can of food at once every time you get hungry will keep you fed for much longer.
    -You can use the gun scope ( without gun ) as a binoculars.
    -Exiting a server while unconscious will kill your character, always ಠ_ಠ .
    -When you first spawn, find the nearest water pump and drink until your stomach is full. This will keep you from getting thirsty for at least for 20-30 minutes of playtime (if you will always run it will decrease faster).
    -You can get up on top of the tallest high-rises in the commie blocks. Climb the ladder, go up a few flights of stairs, vault over the stairway rubble, up a few more flights, then on the ladder and up to the roof.
    -A punch to the head will knock down (but not kill) players and zombies in one hit with the exception of players wearing Motorcycle Helmets.
    -You can empty M4 magazines and keep the ammo separate. By doing this, you can use an ammo box to hold up to 150 rounds in only 4 inventory slots.
    -Pristine Ballistic Helmets, Tactical Vests, and UK Assault vests will stop 1 pistol round but will be ruined or damaged afterwards and wont protect you anymore.
    -Axes hit slightly to the right of the crosshair. A good rule of thumb is to aim slightly above someone’s left shoulder for a headshot.

Here are other tips :

• -Melee is buggy, so melee against a zombie is risky. However, if you circle them while swinging they turn slow and can’t even try to hit you, while you can keep swinging until you kill them. Fireaxe is best choice, one hit kill anywhere.
    -Medkits are really useful. 6 medical slots and only take up 4 in inventory, plus they come with water purification tablets to keep you from getting sick from drinking. Recommend carrying several filled with various medical supplies, not just what they spawn with.
    -The biggest threat currently in the game is the other players. Don’t trust anyone unless you know them, definitely not those you just met. If they are well geared, they may kill you out of paranoia, assuming it is you or them. Until there are No PvP servers up, trust no one (except really good people that you've met).
    -Don’t over eat or drink, it can make you sick. Spam the water only so much, and 1 can of food at a time is plenty.
    -Power lines always lead to Elektrozavodsk ( always remember this ) .
    -Are you tired? Keep hydrated and eat. If you are in need of rest sitting on the floor for a short while will also help.
    -Pay attention to which style of house you find stuff in, some spawn nothing consistently and are a waste of time. That may change later, but don’t count on it.
    -And remember that you can search for berries in the bushes or apples in the trees!

I hope i helped with these tips, maybe another day i'll make an expanded guide for the best gaming experience in dayz... Ideas and tips from : http://dayzintel.com/dayz-guides/advanced-tips-advanced-operators

███۞███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃

▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂

I███████████████████].

◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Uhka    12

Great tips, but some of them won't be that useful on rp-server. I Have to note that hydrated goes down really fast after the update, so drinking much won't last for an hour. :)

Guest Phat J   
Guest Phat J

Good work. Diffently can help some people 10/10

These are some really useful tips, I wish I knew about these when I first started playing. Thanks for sharing though!

Milos    0

Thanks a lot for taking the time that you have in provided assistance to fellow community members, not once, but twice with both guides. I can already see that you'll be a great addition to the family. Keep it up man! Thanks again!

10/10

Jetwells    242

Not meaning to be an ass, but maybe give credit where its due, But thanks for directing this to the community forums as other players may not know of the sites where these type of guides are located ;)

Take out the tip for the gamma exploit, as it is againt the rules to abuse exploits or broken game mechanics, further more I've got the feeling that this guide is from the end of 2013 and I've seen it before and I think some tips are not quite up to date anymore.

Oh and rename it, most experienced players will know this, it's the unexperienced you want ;)

Take out the tip for the gamma exploit, as it is againt the rules to abuse exploits or broken game mechanics, further more I've got the feeling that this guide is from the end of 2013 and I've seen it before and I think some tips are not quite up to date anymore.

Oh and rename it, most experienced players will know this, it's the unexperienced you want ;)

As I said I'll update It Tomorrow...

shenkey    0

Don't know if this is mentioned, but this is a way to always make sure your hotkeys (grabbing your items using the 1,2,3... keys). Open up your inventory by pressing tab and then select your item using the hotkeys.

FreeKish    0

These are good tips for newcomers but I happen to know them all and also the tip about filling up your thirst level at water fountains has now been made laboriously slow by the 0.53 update :(

Thanks

Sign in to follow this