Server time: 2017-08-23, 15:54

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Artz

Fireplace ruining meat?

Question

Guest Artz   
Guest Artz

So, I was wondering, is this supposed to happen or is this a bug? I put four pieces of vension on the fireplace and what happened is this... It got ruined. I understand in 0.53 it ruins clothing and so on if you put it on the fireplace... But isn't it supposed to cook my food instead of ruin everything?

Screenshot of ruined food: http://imgur.com/dnFGzUd

... It didn't even heat it up. Rip.

6 answers to this question

Guest Artz   
Guest Artz

Well, that was simple. Thanks for the answer.

Radikaali    0

Yeah, put cooking tripod over the fireplace and then attach the cooking pot to it but i'm wondering that could you use a frying pan only, that would make sense that you just put that over the fire and throw meat on there.

Maybe it's easier to carry portable gas stove with you, it only takes 3 slots from your inventory when you attach the gas canister to it...

You either need a tripod and a cooking pot or you can collect 8 stones, add them to the fireplace - making a furnace. You can then attach the cooking pot the furnace.

Ultimately your choices are carry a pick axe and mine stones (degrades the item, you can mine about 20 stones from pristine) when you need to cook (you cannot take them with you once you're done afaik) or Carry a tripod with you. Temporary 2x1 slots (or melee slot pick axe) or Permanent 3x1 slots (Cooking tripod)

Tamaster92    14

Make sure to fill the pot with water too!

/solved