Server time: 2017-08-21, 12:18

Sign in to follow this  
jankey dadon

arma 3 dayZrp

Well once the new renderer/engine is in you'll be getting something very close to 'Arma 3 Dayzrp'. As in DayzSA on an engine that is much more similar to Arma 3's.

What about Breaking Point? I didn't play it for half a year but i think that with good community it can be great.

TL140    0

is there even an arma 3 zombie survival game? I played breaking point but felt it wasn't all that great.

Soon.

AAAAAH I CAN FEEL THE HYPE!

Aah, the naive new members...

Tamaster92    14

Soon.

AAAAAH I CAN FEEL THE HYPE!

Aah, the naive new members...

aah, the bitter old members...

;)

;)

I know Tamaster god you're so bitter...

so yeah about Arma 3 we still using an epoch basis on our latest project no one should know about or not?

vivallion    4

Soon.

*Cracks whip.*

Back to work slave! :troll:

;)

What about us 2012s?

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Soon.

*Cracks whip.*

Back to work slave! :troll:

;)

What about us 2012s?

Some one get these bitter old members their depends, and Ex Lax pronto !!!

Subso    0

That thing between old,new,medium,medium old, new old, old old, medium new-members... wonderfull.

I really like driving in ArmA 3...would make a taxi service in RP if it would be on ArmA3

HWGuy    0

Patience people, DayZ SA will have a huge paradigm shift soon. The game we all want is coming, it's just taking time to get things in order. Remember, writing a modular renderer for an engine that was originally not modular from the get-out, that used Forward Rendering instead of Deferred Rendering means that a lot of work has to be done at the core. With a new multi-threaded renderer in place, the game will perform better, which means more can be developed outside of just performance related issues. It gives a lot more creative freedom to the developers once issues like accessibility from a hardware perspective are culled.

DayZ SA will be what we all want it to be (I hope!), and jumping from fad to fad isn't wise for community integrity. We all have DayZ SA - that's already something we all have in common to the core, other than a love for story telling.

I wouldn't be opposed to say - an ArmA 3 Life-esque style setup for a SISTER community - but having another post-apocalyptic game would fracture a growing community. I joined this community for the community; I would prefer we all stick together. Take it from someone who ran multiple successful communities in different games for RP, what ended up killing off the communities I ran wasn't management, or lack of player base, it was division amongst members on what we would RP on. No one likes joining an empty server, so to speak.

My two-cents.

How long until this is out rolle???? :P

What will it be?? A arma3 dayz thing or just a normal sort of takiatan life thing????

From what I understand Rolle has something different in mind for Arma 3. Cannot wait to see it

Rolle    2454

How long until this is out rolle???? :P

What will it be?? A arma3 dayz thing or just a normal sort of takiatan life thing????

When Igi is ready to present a working demo we will announce it, no further information until then ;)

Zero    280

I have a feeling that if we started a Arma 3 DayZ RP/Epoc server the SA would die off. Considering from what I have been told and heard, that's what caused the mod to die off, the release of SA, people just flocked over to it instead.

Am I wrong?

I have a feeling that if we started a Arma 3 DayZ RP/Epoc server the SA would die off. Considering from what I have been told and heard, that's what caused the mod to die off, the release of SA, people just flocked over to it instead.

Am I wrong?

Nah, they flocked over it because the mod was dying and people had lost interest in it.

If we wouldn't have gotten the SA crowd over here I don't think we would have needed more then 1 SA server.

Grihm    16

why not try using the overpoch mod on arma 3 for dayz RP?

I think it´s because IGI is creating something entirely new that DayZRP is the creator of. This will lead to no fuzz with permissions to any alterations or hindering the progress in any way.

I am so hoping for a very new and selective process though on both set roles and a ton of demands to get a group through.

Igi    4

Mkai, wall of text incoming... Will put a TL;DR at the bottom.

------------------------

In regards to adding an ArmA 3 server at this exact moment in time; as in, adding an overpoch server or something similar.

Firstly, I've personally lost faith in what the community "says they want"... We spent a LONG time polling the community asking them about the Epoch Namalsk server and such before we even began working on it, the vast consensus was that it was wanted.

So we worked our arses off to get it working... Which, btw, wasn't a simple job of sticking all the mods together; it was hell.

Then, when it came to release it, nobody gave a fuck. They all just ran off and played SA instead.

Now, this can be put down to the fact that the "SA Hype" was the cause... but bare in mind the SA server was wholly available WHILE we were asking the community if they wanted the Epoch server.

Now the above point is a minor one... I'm happy to work on anything the community wants me to, even if they don't like the end result. That's my (unpaid) job and I enjoy doing it.

However, the main reason I don't want to work on a third-party server such as Epoch or something similar is the amount of limitations that are imposed with that.

Trust me, I've put the effort into finding out what would be possible if we wanted an Epoch mod. The Epoch team have made it a living hell to work with their mod... ALL of their code is created in such a way that it can't be overwritten and it's also ILLEGAL to distribute any modified versions of their mod. Now, it's possible to add mods ON TOP of the Epoch mod... but we can't edit ANYTHING to do with Epoch which means if there is some kind of incompatibility or something we'd like to replace... tough shit, deal with it.

We don't have as much freedom with ArmA 3 as we did with ArmA 2... the licencing is different. In ArmA 2 we could use basically anything that anyone created without breaking any licencing... ArmA 3 on the other hand allows users to protect their content with their own licence, which in 99% of the cases means modifying their mod is against the law.

The above is the same for ANY ArmA 3 mod... not just Epoch.

------------------------

Now, in regards to the project me and a 'very' small team are working on...

To combat the whole ordeal I ranted about above... I proposed that we actually begin work on our own ArmA 3 mod. From scratch. That means, the ENTIRE framework for the server will be owned by DayZRP with ZERO limitations on what we can do with it.

We going to aim to create as much of our own content as possible. I'm currently working on the coding aspects and I've had to write everything from database interaction to simple player saving all myself. We're also working on a nice surprise which hopefully will be usable in more than just the server we're working on at the moment (possible mod for DayZ SA when possible).

Of course, there's going to be a lot of content we want to use that we're not capable of creating ourselves or simply don't have the time to. So we will be utilising third-party mods as well.

Another advantage to the fact we're making the server ourselves is we can tailor it to our community. We can finally make a TRUE RP server that has been carefully constructed to ensure everyone is only ever limited by their creativity and NOT the server.

There's a lot of details I'd love to share but my trap is shut for the time being :P

However, I can discretely tease things... For example, I can say that the general basis for the server is essentially the same as another popular type of ArmA 3 server but there are a LOT of details and various other bits that I have planned that will hopefully make it an experience like no other.

------------------------

So yeah... That's my response to all this :D

TL;DR:

It's highly unlikely we'll have an ArmA 3 server for quite some time and if we do it's going to be an entirely new, 100% custom mod.

FireMatt    1

-You deserve some whiskey-

Hype :P

I've been itching to play something good in ArmA 3 for a looooooooong time.

Roach    1548

I would love to see Arma 3 Altis Life... but who knows ;)

I'd love to see Igi make 1 server for DayZRP Mod again! ;) Just so we can all have fun and gear stash again!! :P

But why don't a developer, CM Helper or Gamemaster or I could, make a poll and see if people would be interest in having maybe 1 server or 2 if its active for DayZRP Mod as it is still currently way better than the SA as SA is so buggy and unfriendly towards simple folk like myself.