Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Surviving Man

116.4Mhz - "Jealous Cowards try to control."

My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay

Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare

The lone and level sands stretch far away.

"This'll do." speaking to his home for the night. Shutting the doors, slipping a crowbar inside the handles, fixing it in place with an abundance duct tape and steel wire as if he were trying to mummify the steel bar.

Do not disturb.

Scanning the rooms of the house for a record player, he finds one. His lucky day. Pulling out 12 D-size batteries and a vinyl record. "Black Flag" it reads in bold print on the cover. He puts the record on and powers the player with batteries he scavenged and traded for.

Value is subjective.

He switches on the radio:

"Good evening all those lucky enough to be tuning in. You are listening to the number 1 radio station in all of the apocalypse. Perhaps by default, but still true... To quote the famous thespian Vin Diesel: "Winning is winning."

Despite living in such fertile times for social restructuring, I see tyranny, monarchy and fascism breeding in the dark corners of military compounds, amongst the charred remains of armour vehicles. It festers and grows like that of mold or an infected wound.

I see groups of survivors keen to step on the throats of their fellow man; thieves, murderers and worst of all, bullies. No reason to their malice except to deceive others from seeing them as the cowards they truly are.

Pausing, he readies the record player and turns the volume to 10, etching the number "11" next to it.

"To those of you who are not, this is a song for you. Those who have begun peaceful settlements, self sustaining communities, a new way of life - free from tyranny but protected from danger.

To the others; you are temporary, nothing will be left of your reign, nary the insignias you adopt or the casing from your expended rounds."

The needle drops, track 1. "Rise Above - Black Flag."

[video=youtube]

He waits in front of the door, bullets chambered.

Sign in to follow this