Server time: 2017-10-21, 01:18
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Corry

Wells broke in 0.5.3

Corry    211

you know how it gose you spawn in run to a town go to the well and hydrate up, but in the latest update you cannot drink from a well, you have to fill up a water bottle or canteen and drink from that. i just want to know who thinks its annoying and who thinks its ok.

Vapor    0

The wells aren't broken, they have an animation. I was able to drink from them. You might be trying to spam the well like before. You can't do that anymore.

Brad    158

you know how it gose you spawn in run to a town go to the well and hydrate up, but in the latest update you cannot drink from a well, you have to fill up a water bottle or canteen and drink from that. i just want to know who thinks its annoying and who thinks its ok.

you also have to put you gun away or it wont let you drink. It says "can't fill mosin with that"

Mamba    0

Not broken, wells got a new animation in 0.53. They added more realism "even though inconvenient". You can only grab one handful at a time, then must use the pump again. Best thing to counter this is to get a water bottle which holds 1 litter of water or a canteen that holds 750ml and drink from them.

Andy69    0

If You want drink water faster, click first F11 and during suicide animation start drink water ftom a well.

Edit: sorry guys but this is bug and do not use this.

Vapor    0

If You want drink water faster, click first F11 and during suicide animation start drink water ftom a well.

No! That is not allowed to be done in DayZRP servers. That is abuse of game mechanics. Don't ever recommend that again.

Mamba    0

Yes, that can get you in trouble. Avoid using any bugs or exploits on the servers.

Andy69    0

oh If you see i am new on this server. thank You for Your info and sorry for my post. i just want be healpfull,

Geeoo418    0

I think it's still a pretty dodgy system and they need to fix it and or make the animation system better. I keep having to cancel and restart animations... :(

Not broken, wells got a new animation in 0.53. They added more realism "even though inconvenient". You can only grab one handful at a time, then must use the pump again. Best thing to counter this is to get a water bottle which holds 1 litter of water or a canteen that holds 750ml and drink from them.

I wasn't sure that they changed capacity of bottle but now i see they did it. I think that bottles still should be 0.5l to make canteens more valuable stuff. Or they should finally bring back illness from drinking water from ponds, streams etc. I also hope that they will add slot in canteen for water purification tablets like it is in real life.

Adlern    2

But is the Thirsty - Hydrated level changed?

Before the patch there was no problem running around in a full Ghillie suit and just drink from time to time, now I use AGES to get from Thirsty to Hydrated, and it goes from Hydrated to Thirsty faster than a blink again. I really have some issues surviving now in a Ghillie Suit.

I might just be me, but I cant use the "Drink All" option since the patch, it just bugs and I have to cancel the action. So the reason could be that I only can use the Drink-1-zip option :)

But is the Thirsty - Hydrated level changed?

Before the patch there was no problem running around in a full Ghillie suit and just drink from time to time, now I use AGES to get from Thirsty to Hydrated, and it goes from Hydrated to Thirsty faster than a blink again. I really have some issues surviving now in a Ghillie Suit.

I might just be me, but I cant use the "Drink All" option since the patch, it just bugs and I have to cancel the action. So the reason could be that I only can use the Drink-1-zip option :)

Did you use "Drink All" option while crouching/laying on the ground? I only have problem while using this option while crouching. But when i cancel it and stand up it works for me.

PwnCaiks101    0

I think that hotter/colder effects were improved in this update, and that affects your thirst. But yeah, the hydration has been going down faster then before, I think its since the update probably corrected some stuff so your no longer bright green energized and hydrated for hours.

Must be a counter balance for ghillies. If not, are you constantly getting hot? If so go take a dip in the pond.

They reduced the water capacity of canteens by 25%. Water bottles actually hold more now.

Canteen: 750ml

Water Bottle: 1,000ml

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa   
Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

I carry a gas canister full of water now. Pretty effective and at least 25 liters of pure refreshing, with a hint of gas, water. Pretty effective.

Subso    0

They fixed the "spam to drink" and I am very happy about that now.

I think the best way is now to drink and refill your bottles - or as canister if you like the taste.

drewhinny    0

Mostlikly it was because there was somthing in your hand. Put it away and try again. And yes do not spam the watering hole.

Tyran    0

You gotta have either a bottle in your hands, or drink straight from it, but as said above, you can't spam it anymore.

Zoot    0

it takes 15 minutes to get hydrated from a well now :D

it's kinda bad yeah..you will be exposed all this time.

but kinda good too..the animation is cool tho.