Server time: 2017-08-22, 01:49

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brizlfizl

"Hands in the air"

Question

Guest Brizlfizl   
Guest Brizlfizl

Hey people,

i was just RPing the prison with couple of others, when somebody screamed at me from the entrance. I looked at him to initiate, pulling my weapon, too late realizing that he said ...dont know actually, lie down? hands up? Something like that, then i got shot and dropped dead. There was like 1 second between warning and shot.

Was that right behaviour of defense by him?

Because it really felt that he destroyed some real fun RP i had so far with my instant death

18 answers to this question

DPMAGICIAN    2

Yeah it was kinda bullshit not going to lie.

4 irish guys pulled up to shore, they came 1 at a time (unaware of this at the time) asking who we were and what we were doing here. Then after a couple minutes of all our guys logging off they regrouped and charged up to our guard post. They were shouting "DROP YOUR WEAPONS" but must keep in mind they were doing it from a far distance it was hard to hear. After 1 second of hearing them say that Leo was shot in the chest 5 times and so was I. I took cover and went to OOC asking why they had broken the rules and initiated in an unfair way. In the end I died unpinning a grenade.

P.S: Leo is the OP.

DPMAGICIAN    2

Make a report? Especially if you have a video.

There was no pre-hostility or a need to have video recording software up. It was all sudden - happened and ended within 10 seconds.

Guest UncleBeaver   
Guest UncleBeaver

If this is a report you should probably format it correctly.

DPMAGICIAN    2

Its a question to the admins of this server to ask if this behaviour was appropriate. I feel that it was against the rules but its best to be formal about things.

So turns out the names of three/four individuals were Ryan Oryan, Aiden Murphy and Patrick Donovan. Unaware of the fourth player.

They had fired at my friend for having his gun out. When they confronted us we both had our guns out. Nobody RAISED the gun ever, not even once. It was lowered the whole time. This was a really poor encounter and not enjoyable. Would love to hear a Game Master's opinion on this matter. Thats just my two cents though.

Gina    26

These situations often has two sides, and how it seems to went from your POV can be very different from the other side.

For this we have Report discussions. To hear both sides stories and figure out what really happened and if something was done against the rules. It is very important though to have somekind of evidence with you, as Staff cannot take sides and believe only other party.

So if the situation went down as you described, it is against the rules as they didn't give you any time to comply. BUT, you are also saying that you were turning around about to initiate your self and pulling your weapon out, which can very very easily to be seen as non compliance from the other side, as they have just initiated on you.

If you really want to figure out what happened and why it happened, I recommend you to make that Report discussion. No harm will come from that :)

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

If felt wronged make a report. Don't just publicly bash people.

Without video evidence it will be hard to tell if the initiation was invalid and if it was indeed KoS.

Yeah it was kinda bullshit not going to lie.

4 irish guys pulled up to shore, they came 1 at a time (unaware of this at the time) asking who we were and what we were doing here. Then after a couple minutes of all our guys logging off they regrouped and charged up to our guard post. They were shouting "DROP YOUR WEAPONS" but must keep in mind they were doing it from a far distance it was hard to hear. After 1 second of hearing them say that Leo was shot in the chest 5 times and so was I. I took cover and went to OOC asking why they had broken the rules and initiated in an unfair way. In the end I died unpinning a grenade.

P.S: Leo is the OP.

You admit you went OOC? There isn't a reason to go OOC even if rules are broken. If you do go OOC then you need to type it //ooc However in most situations you just rp the situation out and then make a report.

Gather as much evidence as possible to back your claims. If not then nothing can be done.

DPMAGICIAN    2

Thanks for all the advice. I didn't mean to publicly bash anyone. I am just trying to gather as much info as possible. You must understand from my perspective I heard little. It was very fast.

Cid    333

Thanks for all the advice. I didn't mean to publicly bash anyone. I am just trying to gather as much info as possible. You must understand from my perspective I heard little. It was very fast.

From reading your posts it doesn't seem like you are looking to bash anyone, don't worry. Not sure why other people are saying that you are bashing someone. Either way, on to the point...

If you feel like something went wrong or a rule was broken it is best just to make a report discussion. This way, you can at least get the other PoV (Point of View) from the other side of the situation. It'll help you get a better understanding of the situation and if you still feel like a rule was broken you have the option to go formal. In the situation, you shouldn't have gone OOC. There is no need to go OOC and ask about rule breaks, just stay IC and play out the situation.

Do you have any other questions regarding the situation?

Hey people,

i was just RPing the prison with couple of others, when somebody screamed at me from the entrance. I looked at him to initiate, pulling my weapon, too late realizing that he said ...dont know actually, lie down? hands up? Something like that, then i got shot and dropped dead. There was like 1 second between warning and shot.

Because it really felt that he destroyed some real fun RP i had so far with my instant death

Technically, you reaching for your weapons is a huge sign of non-compliance and the shot was justified according to the rules.

I can very much inderstand the frustration though and hope your next life goes better.

DPMAGICIAN    2

Hey people,

Technically, you reaching for your weapons is a huge sign of non-compliance and the shot was justified according to the rules.

I can very much inderstand the frustration though and hope your next life goes better.

To explain. He was spotting the coast with binos. After spotting he pulled out his rifle and just a second later we heard screams. At first I thought someone else was being held up as the voices sounded far away except I saw Leo take shots instantly. I leant down and began to ask why they had engaged in such a way.

Tamaster92    14

I took cover and went to OOC asking why they had broken the rules and initiated in an unfair way.

I should point out -

DON'T DO THAT

Them breaking a rule gives no reason for you to break a rule and go OOC. Simply ask them afterwards outside of the game.

anyway - Gina has kindly responded so

/solved

Hey people,

To explain. He was spotting the coast with binos. After spotting he pulled out his rifle and just a second later we heard screams. At first I thought someone else was being held up as the voices sounded far away except I saw Leo take shots instantly. I leant down and began to ask why they had engaged in such a way.

That's not how it is written, it's written totally different, I've bolded the important part in his OP that's explaining why he took the shots.

If it had happened otherwise he should not have posted it like how it is now.

But anyways if you guys feel wrong has been done, feel free to post a report.

DPMAGICIAN    2

That's not how it is written, it's written totally different, I've bolded the important part in his OP that's explaining why he took the shots.

Not to offend but I don't think the OP has the best English. That is fine and dandy though because that isn't his first language.

Hey people,

Not to offend but I don't think the OP has the best English. That is fine and dandy though because that isn't his first language.

Even if English is not his first language, his OP differs quit alot from your version of said events. I mean the only corresponding thing is him getting shot after somebody screams to the group to drop your weapons.

Again, as it is worded now, him being shot in rule terms can be justified.

Once more if you guys feel you have been wronged, put up a report with any evidence you might have so that staff can take a look at it and if necesary punish those who need punishment.

Guest Brizlfizl   
Guest Brizlfizl

i made a report discussion about this, feel free to take a look. I dont look for punishment, i just need clear rules for future references.