Server time: 2017-08-23, 17:32

Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Dominic Kane - New Back Story!

Idea of Dominic

Dom -> Fragile, loving, caring, fiercely loyal.

Loyalty as a result of relationship with parents, dependence on brother (at the time), family was always very important to Dom. Is prone to getting very aggressive if his family is ever challenged.

Dom’s relationship with parents was very bad from a young age, brother was also seen as a successful child, Dom was perhaps a mistake, was generally disliked by both his parents. Was beaten, abused – only person that cared for him was his brother.

Instead of retaliating against his parents, he tended to pen up the anger inside of him, which would then come out in severe bursts of violence. Example of this was a school fight where Dom’s brother was punched in face by a bully. Dom stabbed the boy in the throat with a compass.

Bad relationship with parents, brother was his only friend. As a result of beatings etc, used to pen up his anger for long periods of time which would then explode in violent outbursts. E.g. stabbing boy with compass when 15. Dom’s brother was 16.

As a result of this violence, he was expelled from school which landed him at home for long periods of time – somewhere Dom obviously didn’t want to be.

Dom’s brother died in a car accident at age 17 alongside his Mother and cousin. This left Dom at home with his Father who would mercilessly beat Dom (as he wasn’t at school or anything), even leading to broken bones, etc.

At age 17, Dom decided to leave the country with money he had built up through working. He chose Chernarus as his getaway – a new life, a new start, somewhere he could attempt to forget about everything that had happened. Upon arrival in Chernarus, Dom bought a flat and lived for a while attempting to find a job whilst eating into his savings. After a few months, Dom found a dead end job which didn’t require him to speak Chernorussian, and so worked for an extremely low wage. Life wasn’t going how he wanted it, and he found he couldn’t quite escape his demons. Thoughts of his mother and brother still plagued him – Dom felt robbed of a happy family. The only person that had ever trusted him and treated him as a human – his brother – was now gone, and Dom felt isolated in the new land of Chernarus.

One day, Dom felt as if he could take no more. He quit his job and bought a 7-shooter Magnum from a Chernorussian arms dealer operating within Chernogorsk with the intention to commit suicide in broad daylight so that the people could see first-hand how cruel and horrible the world was. Walking down the street, he pulled the gun out of his pocket as he neared a bridge and held it to his temple. Chernorussian men and women ran in all directions from the bridge in fear that he would begin shooting before tears soaked Dom’s cheeks and he grit his teeth, daring himself to end his own life. People began to try and talk Dom out of it, screaming at him in Chernorussian and English to try and make him understand.

But that was problem. They didn’t understand.

They didn’t “get” Dom. How dare they try to talk him out of all he’d gone through – they didn’t know him. All of these people had wives and husbands and children and mothers and fathers and families and Dom didn’t. How was this fair? How was life fair? In this moment, Dom no longer wished to end his life. Instead, he pointed the Magnum at those around him, firing into the crowd before the trigger clicked again and again. Bodies lay on the bridge that day, bloodied and crawling with holes in their backs as Dom dropped his Magnum and retreated back to his flat where he resided until the police came.

Due to the severity of his murders in broad daylight, Dom was sentenced to death… however, his defence lawyer pled insanity due to his past and he was instead sent to Khasavyurt asylum so that Aksakov may attempt to cure the man.

Through the years he spent there, the place changed Dom. Although he still felt for his brother and family, he felt more fragile than before… far weaker than he had ever felt, he felt anxiety all around him as he rocked backwards and forwards in the cold, dark cell for years on end before he eventually escaped a couple of months after the rest of them broke out. Dom wandered Chernarus for a while until stumbling across his family once more, and thus… his feeling returned. The family he had so long craved – brothers, sisters… everything he had dreamed of was here. However, fearful of repeating the past Dom became violent whenever any of them were threatened. He would often fly into a blind rage at passing remarks on his family and became fiercely loyal to a few members in particular, such as Mary who he considered to be the Mother he never had.

Feed back is welcome and much appreciated

Very interesting backstory to Dom, especially since I love the character so much. Happy to see you changed some stuff around to fit the lore.

Very interesting backstory to Dom, especially since I love the character so much. Happy to see you changed some stuff around to fit the lore.

Really appreciate that mate hopefully others will enjoy it also :)

How do you stab people with a compass???

Quite easily.

circle-compass-bandw-68898-m.jpg

I do like the new story, must say, i did find the split personality with Kane interesting as well, and it's something i do miss.

But this is fine and dandy and explains quite much for strangers wonering. :)

Quite easily.

I do like the new story, must say, i did find the split personality with Kane interesting as well, and it's something i do miss.

I'm sorry Sasha :( but neszy made a very good point when going over things and that is split personality disorder is not something that is triggered it's random so really one day im dom next I'm Kane and if Kane is ever there at the wrong time would make things very awkward don't get me wrong it was going to be fun however when anyone threatens doms new Family think of a switch clicking in doms head it will be like he's another person so angry and cruel kinda like Kane was but just dom so the whole idea is still really the same as before just new story to ultimately fit with the inmates lore also to reinvent myself so you'll see the cruel side more often ;) and I know you'll love that!!

Mortico    1

Quite easily.

what, oh god, is that a compass, i was thinking of the compasses you see in the game, the North east west south ones...

Quite easily.

what, oh god, is that a compass, i was thinking of the compasses you see in the game, the North east west south ones...

Mhmm there quite the tool :P

OMG O_O I wish I could write like you man ! Excellent job

Wasnt just me mate had alot of help from a very talented individual :)! But thank you appriciate that

Any more feed back would be really appriciate really trying to do the best I can with this char :)

Guest DeluxeBandit   
Guest DeluxeBandit

R.I.P Dom :(